Categories

Remembering Andreas Panagopoulos

March 14, 2014 by

Remembering

It is with immense sadness that we learned of the death of Andreas Panagopoulos, Production Paradise’s New York City agent. Andreas was one of the victims of the tragic Manhattan building explosion that occurred on 12 March.

Andreas was an independent agent who had represented Production Paradise with distinction in New York City since 2010.

Andreas was an extremely warm, friendly and funny human being, an outstanding colleague and good friend of all who knew him. The Production Paradise team is deeply shocked at this devastating news, and our hearts go out to his family and friends in Greece and New York at this immensely difficult time.

Andreas Panagopoulos, an outstanding professional whose passion for his work and dedication to the field represented the very best of what our company stands for, will be remembered with great fondness by colleagues and clients alike. Our pride in having worked alongside him ensures he will forever be a part of the Production Paradise family.

8 Comments

1. I remember when I first meet Andreas. I was in NY on a shoot and he made it a point to come all the way down to the studio and meet me and say hello.No one had ever done that before! We sat and talked for almost an hour. He was so funny and so dedicated to his work and excited about Production Paradise. I would get emails at 2 in the morning sometimes and knowing how busy us producers are he would always let me push my deadline to make sure we always had new work to show. I will miss his voice on the phone and the email reminders each month. I feel like I have truly lost a friend. RIP my friend! Much Love-Jill Roy & the 3star team

2. Oh my God! I am shocked. This is very close to the PP’home’. Though I never met Andreas I am very saddened about this tragedy and the loss in the PP family. Let me know if I can help in any way, please.

3. Andreas Panagopoulos was my friend. He had many friends. Very rarely do we give credit for marketing genius. That is what Andreas was. He knew how to stay positive and to relate to people. He was always a musician first, but he loved people… and people that came into his sphere did better because of his presence. He was able to make conflict into success. Marketing is often about quick lose relationships, where egos get bruised and money is lost. Andreas kept business at a higher level and his clients appreciated that. You really can’t buy advertising. You buy a relationship of trust. I regret to say I never had his ability to make people really intimately trust. Andreas always felt that sales managers were not respected. He was right. People really don’t understand that you can have the best marketing people and still have a lousy launch because the manager is who keeps the integrity of the company together. I miss my sales manager. My boss… and I’m sorry to say that I never really appreciated all that he gave me.

4. Andreas was the most kind, sharing representative I have ever known. He would spend hours on the phone, helping with strategies, and other issues related to my business. His booming voice was always a welcomed intrusion into my day.

I’ll miss you buddy. Best wishes for the life hereafter!

Twede

5. I met Andreas last October at the NYC Fotoworks event. We talked and had a great conversation. I enjoyed talking with him and getting to know him. I am saddened by this and my thoughts go out to PP and his family.

6. Horrible tragedy, Andreas was a very kind patient warm soul who helped our studios get its start. He will be missed.

7. I dealt with Andreas on a regular basis and he was always great to speak with! I enjoyed our conversations and I wish his family the best from my heart and hope they are able to coop with the loss! My prayers are with you!

Blake

8. Terrible news! Andreas was such a kind, funny and patient person. He would always prod me along in a very pleasant way to get my materials in on time. He would spend hours with me talking about marketing and strategy ideas for my company. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and Production Paradise at this very confusing and sad time. His positive and energetic spirit will be truly missed. Rest in peace sweet Andreas, we miss you already, Diane Treat and the BTP team.