By Emma Lucas
Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year, the world’s leading awards recognizing the art and diversity of food photography, are back in town, and this year we are glad to announce that Production Paradise will be sponsoring the Food off the Press category.
Would you like to win £5,000, see your work in publications around the world or be featured in Production Paradise‘s Spotlight Food & Drink Photography online magazine? Find out more about the contest, there are plenty of other prizes you can win! Food Photography of the year is also sponsored by well-known brands such as Marks & Spencer and Champagne Taittinger.
Photo by Steve Ryan; featured in Spotlight Food & Drink Photography
Pink Lady® apples, are the headline sponsor of these ground-breaking Awards, launched in 2011.. In 2014, 6000 images were submitted from all over the world, competing for the first prize of £5000.
2014 winner Tessa Bunney of the UK and Lao PDR
The categories, devised to show the culture and production of food in all its variety, now include Food for the Family, seeking everyday scenes of families across the world eating together, and Bring Home the Harvest for images of gathering in food, from cropping lettuces, cutting guava, to shopping in the local supermarket.
Other categories include Production Paradise Food off the Press – where we want to see examples from the very best previously-published photographic work, whether from books, newspapers, magazines, advertisements and Marks & Spencer Food Portraiture seeking for images of food that are good enough to eat.
One of the previews winners on Food Off The Press category; Mans Jensen
See the full list of categories here, some exciting categories include:
• Production Paradise, the world’s largest online photographers’ directory, sponsors of the Production Paradise Food off the Press category for previously published work.
• Champagne Taittinger is delighted to be the celebratory toast for Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2015 and also sponsor of Food for Celebration. Taittinger is one of the few major Champagne Houses to be owned and actively managed by the family named on the label, internationally awarded for their quality and consistency.
• Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year is sponsored by Errazuriz, the premier family wine estate of Chile. Don Maximiano Errázuriz founded Viña Errázuriz in 1870 in the Valle de Aconcagua, 100km north of Santiago.
• Marks & Spencer Food Portraiture is sponsored by Marks & Spencer, renowned for their brilliant use of sumptuous food imagery, which makes them the perfect partner for this category.
• Partridges are the sponsor of the Food for Sale category. Partridges have a long-standing association with Chelsea and are proud to be holders of the Royal Warrant, By Royal Appointment Grocers to H.M. the Queen.
• One Vision Imaging Limited, the exclusive photographic printers to the London 2012 Olympics and Rio 2016 sponsor all print and framing for the Awards.
• Unearthed® Food in Film category is sponsored by unearthed®, the food brand for people who love to discover, known for bringing great regional specialities from across Europe to the shelves at accessible prices.
We are glad to announce that Production Paradise’s Founder and CEO, Andreas Von Estorff, will join the illustrious panel of industry experts judging the competition for 2015, which includes David Loftus, Jamie Oliver’s photographer; Elizabeth Galbraith, Creative Director, BBC Food; Amy Wolff, Photo Editor, Photo District News and Steve Rowe, Executive Director, Food, Marks & Spencer.
YOU can win £5,000 and the title of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2015 which also includes:
– A page in Pink Lady’s website showing an in depth profile of the overall winner featuring the winning image
– Press release promoting your image to international photography and food media
– You will have the opportunity to see your work displayed in the Mall Galleries, London
For further information on the overall winner and category winners prizes visit the page!
We are extremely pleased to be part of this delectable competition and we invite all of you to be part of the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2015. For further information and to apply click here.
Good luck to all of you! We know it’s going to be a great success!