Posted 27-02-2012, offered
Responsibilities include Art Direction /Design and Supervision for a full-service in-house advertising/design group specializing in Design and Creation of local, national and international Advertising Campaigns, Marketing Programs and Collateral Pieces to include all media from Print Ads, Collateral, Direct Mail, Brochures, Posters, Exhibits, Audio Visual, Video Design, Packaging, Radio and Television, Industrial Design, Web Design and Corporate Identity as well as various other formats to support and promote Discovery Communications, Inc.
1. 60%- Establish and execute, print advertising, web advertising, out of home media, various collateral and other formats as needed for International Networks, Consumer Products, and cross network projects.
2. 10% - Responsibilities include meeting, presenting and selling concepts through to Internal Group, VP Design/Design Director/Creative Director/ Copywriter/ and Client.
3. 10% - Management of staff Designers to contingent workers, outside venders and internal venders, to coordinate needs and resources, insuring quality, and timely delivery of projects within budget and on strategy.
4. 10% - Coordinate and manage the release of proper files, initiate and organize photo-shoots, select and assign illustration, follow-through and management of projects from conception to completion.
5. 10% - Administrative duties include accurate accounting through documentation and monitoring of time spent on projects. Proper and timely preparation of photo-rights. Accuracy and follow-through on all departmental procedures.
* 5-8 years advertising experience in related fields of study listed above.
* Bachelor’s degree or trade school degree in advertising/design /communications or art.
* Well versed in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver).
* Proficiency in After Effects and 3D rendering a plus.
* Excellent typographical and concept design skills essential.
* Must be team player and be able to work on several projects under tight deadline situations.
* Cable or entertainment advertising/design experience or strong agency background preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.