Art Director at Maxus
Posted 15-04-2016, offered
Maxus is a global network of local media planning and buying agencies. They are the creativity, data and science behind where advertising appears in the media.
Born in the digital age seven years ago, they are natives of the current marketing ecosystem. This means that the passion, agility, collaboration and entrepreneurialism that shape the digital world are also at the core of Maxus’ culture and spirit.
The agency is designed around the idea, not the media. As a result, they attract interesting people who are constantly curious. People with ‘majors and minors’ not just those with a one-dimensional view of a singular skill.
They attract people and businesses that want to change the game and believe that the most important career decision a person can make is the culture they choose to grow in. A culture that not only values great work, but also great people.
The Art Director will lead and execute the visual direction of the Maxus Americas’ brand across pitch documents, events, social media, awards, internal/external communications & brand development. This is your chance to put your stamp on a growing brand. The purpose of this role is to create beautiful brand experiences and execute them flawlessly, therefore this position demands an eye for stunning design and detail. This visual brand leader is passionate, agile, collaborative and entrepreneurial. The ideal candidate is hungry for daily exposure to senior executives and ready to take a leadership role over the visual style of a brand.
Your Team & Team Leader: You will work alongside the Marketing Manager and Business Development Manager and report into the Head of Brand and Business Development, Jodi Neuhauser. Jodi has 10+ years of experience in sales and marketing. She has worked in global roles for Tennis.com, Condé Nast and OMD with some of the top brands in the world including Samsung, Mercedes, JP Morgan, Apple and others. She is passionate about developing the industry’s next generation of leaders. She will provide guardrails for your success and then let you independently deliver best-in-class results while teaching you the skills you will need to be a world-class marketer.
• Be a loud advocate for the Maxus brand with a razor-sharp eye for brand consistency across all Maxus brand touch points.
• Establish the conceptual and stylistic vision by participating in brainstorms for projects, initiatives, pitches and marketing asset development.
• Create process for Maxus to manage design needs and set realistic expectations for design work completion.
• Ensure strict quality control on any art directed material.
• Utilize strong conceptual and design skills to translate research, data, and agency positioning to brand materials.
• Create Powerpoint template for Maxus Americas brand with Maxus global guidance.
• Work closely with Maxus global team to insure visual consistency in the Americas region with the Maxus global brand.
Business Development Pitch Production
• Create the visual identity for pitch work that helps them win. Collateral could include pitch decks, books, placemats, room theatre, video production and/or management. Your creativity will keep them in the winning column.
• Be physically on-site design support during key pitch times.
• Work with outside vendors to oversee production of pitch deliverables that are not completed in house (ie. books, posters and videos).
• Lead the vision for the visual identity of research projects for new business purposes. (Ex: Books, videos, websites, social).
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop engaging visual content for digital and social assets (website, social media etc).
Awards & Events:
• Manage visual style of award submissions (images/videos), ensuring consistency with the Maxus brand in an award-winning way.
• Create event identity for Maxus executions at major industry events in the Americas.
Internal & External Communications:
• Guide visual style for internal newsletters, Powerpoint presentations, company intranet, and ads for external publication.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
This Maxus brand champion will have an opportunity to lead a global brand in an important regional art direction role. This is an ideal development role for someone who wants to lead and grow a large brand in their future. This rockstar must be a self-starter who can multi-task, a natural leader with a vision for brand excellence. If you never settle, and no challenge scares you, they want to talk to you.
In addition, the position requires:
• A passion to raise your game on a daily basis. A natural curiosity to go beyond what is outlined to insure best-in-class activation.
• Desire to be a part of the Maxus family and around the office regularly.
• A hunger for design and presentation technology. Your curiosity helps keep them ahead of the curve.
• Strict ability to maintain client and brand confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal), high standards of professionalism and high emotional intelligence to collaborate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
• Someone ready to firmly put their stamp on the company brand.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Comfortable making modifications to various file formats.
• Advanced Powerpoint, Word & Keynote design skills.
• Experience preparing files for production (Video, Electronic and Printed materials).
• Understanding of different types of specs (dimensions, file sizes, file types – Ex: JPG, PNG, GIF, HTML 5).
• Video editing skills are a plus (must at least have an ability to manage outside video production teams).
• Willingness to work late if needed during key pitch times.
• Experience with infographic design and development.
• Highly organized. Clear approach to internal/external file management, especially with version control.
• Ability to work on multiple projects independently.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and all Windows based computer programs.
• Experience with Wordpress/Sharepoint is a bonus.
• BA/BS degree required. Ideally in design, fine art or photography.
• 4-6+ years in a creative role ideally working on corporate branding.