Art Director for Experiential Marketing Agency (SoHo)
Posted 1-08-2014, wanted
Design + direct creative projects for PR / Marketing / Events agency to include new business proposals, design presentations, social media content, invitations, event décor + installations, and other design projects as assigned. Balance workflow and meet deadlines while collaborating with internal creative team + managing freelance designers.
• 2-5 years experience as an Art Director (or Design Leader / Manager) in an agency environment or for a lifestyle brand. Must have a passion for design + experiential marketing and exhibit excellent communication skills and flexibility.
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Interior Design, Architecture, or similar
- MA or MFA in Exhibition Design, Graphic Design, or similar are A PLUS
• Must have a Proficiency in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Sketchup / Hand Sketching
- Additional rendering capabilities including AutoCAD, Revit, Vectorworks, 3ds Max are A PLUS
• High level graphic design and event / installation experience is expected to include presentation publication design, print design + production (large format + small stationery), digital graphics for web + event display, furniture planning + layout, design of custom installations for brands, etc.
- Video or photo production experience / interest are A PLUS
- PR and marketing experience / interest are A PLUS
• Report to + collaborate with CEO / Executive Creative Director + Agency Principals to conceptualize new projects + manage client expectations + approvals
• Collaborate with internal creative team to brainstorm + develop concepts for a variety of promotional projects
• Design autonomously + take initiative with all creative projects to achieve results and meet expectations of supervisors + clients
• Hire and manage freelance designers + artists to deliver on creative needs + deadlines. (Freelance designers + artists may include fine artists, graphic designers, event designers, video producers / editors, photographers, etc. The Art Director should add new talent to the freelancer database as required)
• Bring fresh + exciting ideas / trends / techniques to the table on a daily basis to help inspire the design work + the team
• Work effectively with print / fabrication vendors + event producers to achieve high quality deliverables on a closely managed timeline
Send brief cover letter, resume and link to design portfolio to email@example.com with "Art Director - Your Name" in the subject line.