Creative & Content Director
Posted 5-08-2014, wanted
Creative & Content Director will ensure the smooth and timely delivery of key creative content using Film (short films, docudramas, informational videos, drama series and documentaries), Audio and Digital formats. Provide creative direction and management of effective and innovative content / messages, tools and materials in line with FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change in Kenya.
Work in liaison with Research & Learning (R&L) and Outreach teams to ensure the relevance and effectiveness of the educational awareness content. Lead a team of creative employees and consultants with skills and experience in film production, graphic design, fine arts, motion graphics, visual layout and other creative fields.
1. Take the ideas / visions and concepts developed by relevant stakeholders: including partners, beneficiaries, R&L and Outreach teams, and provide a strategic creative direction all the way through to delivery of the final content.
2. Lead and inspire creative teams in the continuous development and packaging of relevant content in different locations of operation. Ensure highest level of artistic and technical standards, and that content creation is in line with FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change.
3. Ensure a community-based approach and a participatory methodology for all creative works: all locations should have messaging committees comprising of stakeholders, including target beneficiaries.
4. Work in collaboration with R&L and Outreach Teams to conduct continuous in-depth research to inform both the initial design and subsequent creation and distribution of all content materials.
5. In collaboration with the R&L and Outreach Teams, oversee the development of facilitation guides for the films produced.
6. Play key role in determining staffing structure, supervision and management for creative teams, and recruitment, including proactively determining job descriptions for relevant staff, sitting in interviews, and post-interview processes.
7. Supervisory and performance management functions such as: training, hiring, assigning and delegating tasks, ensuring timely delivery of tasks to creative staff, film crews, artists, graphic designers, photographers, copywriters, and freelance staff, who will work together to create relevant educational awareness content.
8. Close collaboration with the Field Managers to ensure effective management of field creative teams and the accurate planning, budgeting / management of program funds, and implementation and monitoring of dissemination plans, as well as ensure the compliance and the optimal appropriation of allocated program funds.
9. Participate in the preparation of project documents, including: strategy papers, concept notes, full proposals and more, as needed by the Country Director and FilmAid International Headquarters.
10. Contribute to FilmAid’s organizational strategic thinking and organizational growth strategy, working with the Country Director and FilmAid International Headquarters.
11. Represent the Country Director and FilmAid’s programs with external program stakeholders including partners, beneficiaries and donors and other meetings as the need arises.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Film & Television or Drama & Theatre Production or Visual Communication or Digital Media or Art & Design.
2. Experience in community and / or participatory media production.
3. Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of participatory film and/or other community media with practical experience in developing strategies and the adaptation and application of communication tools and mediums to specific programs.
4. Commensurate education and years of experience.
5. Ability to oversee creative productions in multiple mediums, including: Film, Audio and Digital formats.
6. Thorough understanding of principles of Creative Copyright issues.
7. Highly developed communication skills and excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
8. Experience working within an international, multi-lingual environment and the ability to work well under pressure in difficult environments
9. Well organized, adaptable, with excellent planning, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
10. Imaginative, creative and artistic.
11. Effective leadership, management and supervision of multiple creative teams.
12. Financial planning & management skills.
13. Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
How to Apply
Please e-mail applications with only cover letter, CV and 3 references by 25th August 2014 to: email@example.com
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.