Posted 28-02-2014, wanted
You're a formally trained graphic designer or fine artist with a love for storytelling, an intuitive grasp of on-air communication, and you appreciate the art of music, editing and beautiful design. You have an exceptional understanding of, and hands-on experience with, location and studio-based filming, 3D animation, compositing, VFX, graphic and type design, illustration, art direction and photography. You definitely understand television production and post production processes and totally get words like 'line-ups, idents, bugs, branders, segments and endboards'.
You've produced title sequences for tv shows, you've been instrumental in the launch of a tv channel's new image from print logo development to on-air playout. You've shot and directed promos or commercials and spent time briefing and overseeing composers and musicians on soundtracks, jingles and audio design. You're likely to spend your time observing the world, researching, drawing or taking pictures and thinking about how to improve everything.
You'd be expected to:
- Be the face of, and the creative sensibility behind Clearwater Design
- Tap into an international network of designers and production experts
- Feel design trends and remain ahead, informed and bespoke
- Lead your design team to research problems and develop original ideas and design solutions for tv, cinema, mobile, web and outdoor
- Direct your team of internal and freelance designers, animators, compositors and artists in all aspects of motion projects
- Direct all stages of production and post production
- Source, brief and oversee directors, art directors, copy writers, musicians and photographers
- Oversee project implementation and troubleshooting with clients
- Develop both strategic and creative on-air marketing and branding proposals
- Prepare presentations and present ideas to clients
- Represent and market your studio to the industry
- Attract and recruit local and international talent
- Build and nurture the design culture and reputation of the studio
- Recruit and train your successor
You need to be willing to:
- Live in Johannesburg for at least 3 years
- Travel extensively, meeting clients and delivering talks to industry conferences and learning organizations
- Be remunerated in South African Rands
The studios are located in the creative heart of Johannesburg and are equipped with a 2K Digital Cinema and full HD facilities, including Baselight grading, Flame 2011, Quantel EQ, AFX, Nuke, FCP, 3D Max and Maya. We own a fully kitted camera and lighting truck with RED Mysterium and Arri Alexa cameras.
Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org