Creative Director at The Body Shop
Posted May 31st, 2016, offered
· Developing and driving the creative direction in line with overall Company strategy to effectively communicate the brand both inside and outside the Company.
· Managing the in-house design studio across multi channels including store, digital, photography, art direction, content, packaging, gifting, design, film and video. Continuously developing, inspiring, motivating and challenging the team to generate fresh, creatively appealing and commercially viable ideas
· Provide creative leadership, direction, mentoring, coaching plus the ability to inspire ideas within a highly skilled multiply disciplined team of 15.
· Be able to consult and collaborate and provide guidance to our various external partner agencies
· Be able to bring creative life to a vision as dictated by the brand team whilst respecting the brands values, heritage, ethos plus helping drive the company strategy
· Responsible for directing and driving the process of translating of briefs into creatively appealing and commercially viable design solutions which consider all regions/channels where appropriate, inline with brand/creative direction and to budget and time.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective understanding of creative whilst acting as guardian of the brand, communicating the brand and creative direction inside and outside the studio
· To provide art direction and effectively manage an in-house design studio, allocating projects amongst the team and ensuring project completion on time, to brief and within budget.
· Presenting creative work to all levels of the organisation, including the Executive Board and Zone teams.
· Managing and organising team workflow with the support of the Creative Services Manager including budget control, briefing, supervising and providing creative direction/presentations as necessary.
· Undertaking special creative projects as required by the Brand Director or CEO or other functional/regional teams.
· Preparation of work for internal creative reviews.
Primary Working Relationships & Interfaces (where applicable):
· To actively engage though store visits and to spend 1 day per month working in Store, plus a one day visit to Store each month. To provide a calendar of these store visits to the Brand / Innovation Director.
· Commercially control spend within your specific remit, working creatively and in a SMART way to reduce both overall costs whilst increasing efficiency.
· To perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimising the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace and responsible for reporting potential risks, real accidents and near misses to relevant managers.
· Champions, supports and participates in The Body Shop's Values and Campaigns.
Personal requirements for role
· You will be an inspiring creative team leader with extensive experience gained from either an in-house studio or and external agency
· Excellent experience in design management essential
· Excellent experience in communications gained in direct marketing or advertising agency
· Excellent experience in developing commercially viable creative concepts and delivering to brief in a design studio environment
· Excellent client-facing experience, pitching, presenting and developing client relationships
· Excellent experience in managing a design team and providing creative/art direction, and allocating resource effectively
· Experience of working to CPA's
· In-depth knowledge and experience of marketing communications and delivering creative promotions in retail environment
· Experience in developing creative direction and influencing brand strategy
· BA in Graphic Design/Related or equivalent desirable
· Excellent Mac skills and experience of necessary software#
· The ability to demonstrate passion, empathy and respect for both people and brand
· Excellent creative crafting skills - ideas, typology, layout, colour, composition, materials etc
· Excellent understanding of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes where necessary
· Ability to contribute to creative strategy
· In-depth understanding of the global/multi-channel including digital influences on marketing communications and international brand marketing
· Excellent understanding of the C&T sector
· Excellent understanding/appreciation of other elements of the retail marketing mix
· Excellent communication skills and experience on working with cross-functional teams in brief development and translation to concept
· Excellent ability to present to all levels of the organisation and communicate creative work to cross-functional teams
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Excellent ability to manage large numbers of employees, to mentor, coach and motivate effectively