Creative Director for Gameloft
Posted Feb 15th, 2016, offered
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As Creative Director at Gameloft Madrid, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Gods of Rome, which was created in this studio.
Descripción del trabajo
As Creative Director, you will work with the Studio Manager, and other team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision with excellence.
Your main challenges include :
- Direct the tone and timber of the project with an eye towards compelling character development, visionary narrative progression, and addictive gameplay
- Collaborate with studio gameplay designers to ensure that game designs meet quality requirements and deadlines
- Set clear creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus efforts across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service
- Anticipate threats to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with Art, Dev, Audio, and Production that ensures a best-in-industry production process
- Collaborate closely with headquarter review teams to set and maintain quality standards
- Allocate, coordinate and plan resources in collaboration with managers and producers
- Anticipate recruitment needs of game designers and participate in the recruitment process
Must have/Nice to have :
- Fluent English
- Above 6 years as GD including experiences as lead GD or main GD for core gameplay on mobile platforms (mobile consoles or iOS/Android)
- Must have shipped at least 2 successful titles
- Proficient in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, balancing, and reward system, etc.
- Prototyping ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games an asset
- Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages an asset
- Working experience on F2P project an asset
- Working experience on fighting game an asset
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science an asset
And above all, a passion for videogames!
This position offers:
* Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play, board games, video games etc!
* International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
* Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
* Excellent benefits and studio culture
* An unparalleled opportunity to evolve and grow your career with a vibrant young studio among the stability of a large, self-published company.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!