Digital News Editor, Vanity Fair
Posted 20-07-2015, offered
Job responsibilities include:
* Assigning and editing short news blog posts for in-house writers on a range of topics, including politics, business, technology, and general breaking news of the day
* Guiding bloggers and contributors in following on-brand news beats in order to help our online news section develop a distinctive voice
* Assigning and editing freelance writers on a range of news topics
* Coordinating longform projects in conjunction with the print side of Vanity Fair
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
* A voracious interest in all things news
* The ability to react quickly in response to the fast-paced internet news cycle
* Impeccable editorial judgment and strong story and line-editing skills
* Great headline-writing abilities and a nose for what makes a story go viral
* Strong multitasking skills, with the ability to juggle the pressing news of the day with longer-term projects
* Familiarity with the Vanity Fair brand and voice
* 4-5 years experience in digital news writing and/or editing
* Ability to work out of our NYC-based office
About Condé Nast
Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality magazines, websites and digital content. Reaching more than 263 million consumers in 30 markets, the company's portfolio includes many of the world's most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveller/Traveler, Architectural Digest, Wired and Golf Digest, among others. In addition to publishing 143 magazines and over 130 websites, the company operates a restaurant division and several ventures in education. Condé Nast Entertainment develops film, television and premium video programming.
We have the best, brightest and boldest talent in the media industry - individuals who produce our world-class content, design innovative products using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value for our business partners. If you would like to be part of this culture of excellence, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Condé Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on twitter @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
About Our Company Condé Nast, a division of Advance Publications, operates in 25 countries. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, two trade publications and 27 websites that garner international acclaim and unparalleled consumer engagement.
To explore a career with Condé Nast, please visit www.condenastcareers.com to view opportunities, complete a profile and upload your resume.
Condé Nast offers a comprehensive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Click mbist.ro/1HKFuql to apply for the job.