Posted 14-07-2015, offered
£20-24,000 [negotiable depending on experience]
Description/Roles & Responsibilities
3angrymen are a production company that specialise in creating branded short-form and documentary content. We work with clients including the NSPCC, ChildLine, Schroders, LinkedIn, Omnicom, Manchester United, The Scouts Association and Channel 4.
We are looking for an enthusiastic editor with an inexhaustible eye for detail, to join our tightly-knit team of filmmakers, someone responsible for working with our Project Directors to shape and bring life to the films we produce from the edit through to delivery.
The role will involve the ingestion and management of footage, reporting to and collaborating with the director to plan and execute the edit, creating and applying colour grades, selecting library music, mixing sound and overseeing the archiving of projects. As well as editing, there may be occasional opportunities to work on shoots.
The ideal candidate will combine a love for the craft of editing with a desire to bring something new to the films that we make, they will be able to follow detailed instruction as well as articulate their own ideas.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the requisite skills and energy become an integral part of our in-house team, working with like-minded, ambitious colleagues who want to create effective work to a high standard.
Essential Skills & Requirements
The candidate must
- have at least two years relevant editing & colouring experience and/or training
- have excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and SpeedGrade
- have a thorough understanding of compression and delivery techniques
- be a confident team member and creative contributor
- have excellent written and spoken English
- be enthusiastic about producing a variety of content, both corporate and creative, short-form and long-form
Ideally the candidate will also
- have a working understanding of Adobe After Effects
- be capable of creating high-quality graphics titles
- be comfortable and confident in client-facing situations
- want to contribute and collaborate with colleagues
The application process has three parts:
- submission of CV & Showreel
- a trial day at our office
If you like our work, are certain that you fit the criteria above and are interested in becoming an editor with 3angrymen, please apply by sending the following:
- A copy of your CV & a 1 page Cover Letter, both in .pdf format
- A Vimeo/YouTube link to your Showreel
Please send these to the email provided and use the subject line ‘Editor Application’. Applications will not be considered unless these stipulations are adhered to.
About 3angrymen Productions
3angrymen are a production company that specialise in creating branded short-form and documentary content. We work with clients including the NSPCC, ChildLine, Schroders, LinkedIn, Omnicom, Manchester United, The Scouts Association and Channel 4
To apply visit: www.productionhub.com/job/45726/editorcolourist