Event Action and Portrait Photographers
Posted 15-12-2015, offered
All applicants should be available to travel within the domestic US from Fridays through Mondays. Applicants must possess a highly developed sense of timing and have the ability to perform in-camera cropping since we do not make use of a rapid-fire hold-the-finger-on-the-button style of photography. Images go straight from the camera to the customer within seconds without any editing. Candidates will be required to balance quality (based on timing and framing) and quantity of images.
Applicants must have the following:
- A 70-200mm f2.8 lens
- A professional camera that is capable of tethered shooting to a laptop (tethered shooting experience is a plus)
- Windows based laptop or a Mac running a Windows OS via Boot Camp (not via Parallels or other virtual machine)
- Basic computer skills (Networking and advanced skills are a definite plus)
- Professional, mature and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work well in a loud, fast paced and team-spirited environments
The events that are photographed can involve long days with early start times. Applicants must be willing and able to be part of setting up strobes and various network components.
Compensation is a day rate of $350 in addition to travel and setup fees (after training). Travel and lodging arrangements are paid and prepared for all photographers in advance.
If interested, please reply to this posting indicating your interest along with a complete equipment list. The inclusion of a link to your work that best reflects your abilities as an action photographer is required. These should demonstrate use of in-camera cropping and timing. Finally, the inclusion of a link to your professional profile such as LinkedIn would be helpful but is not required.
We hire photographers across the country but those in CA, TX, OH, and on the east coast in particular.
For more information and to apply follow the link bit.ly/1m3N9Mc