Executive Assistant III/Production Coordinator VFX at Warner Bros. Entertainment
Posted 11-08-2015, offered
Warner bros. Pictures seeks an executive assistant iii for the visual effects department. The position provides administrative support to the evp, visual effects.
• works with evp, visual effects in handling the visual effects of major theatrical feature films (both domestic and foreign). Acts as liaison between production units and studio departments to facilitate productions' needs and ensure implementation of and adherence to warner bros. Policies and procedures.
• performs critical review of daily production paperwork and visual effects weekly reports (call sheets, production reports, wrap reports) for accuracy, adherence to union rules and regulations, and to determine further action.
• position deals with information of an important and extremely confidential nature.
• prepares loanout contracts for key personnel (vfx supervisor, vfx producer).
• reviews all crew deal memos to ensure compliance with warner bros. Hiring policies and procedures:
O checks for accurate union locals, rates, position titles, and coding.
O ensures that the crew members are eligible for employment (i. E. , that they are on the union rosters and have passed their csatf training classes).
O assures that any riders to deal memos (assets, box rentals and inventories, car allowances, computer rentals, discretionary screen credit riders, conflict of interest questionnaires, codes of conduct) are attached only to appropriate crew positions.
O confirms that proper i-9 backup has been witnessed.
O oversees distribution of scale and overscale deal memos to appropriate studio departments and production personnel.
• coordinates early preparation phases of productions. Supervises additional photography when necessary.
• interacts daily with below-the-line agents and representatives in checking key crew availability and follow-through on deal points and negotiations.
• interacts with counterparts at other studios to obtain crew rate and perq quotes. Dispenses appropriate crew rate and perq quotes to other studios' personnel while keeping no quote information confidential.
• provides input on policies and procedures for inclusion in the feature production manuals (wbpi shows and co-productions).
• approves travel during non-business hours (nights and weekends).
• coordinates archiving of departmental files as well as each show's production files. Maintains archive binders for easy reference at a later date (in case there are union grievances, additional photography, insurance or workers compensation issues, etc. ).
• oversees & trains feature production management trainees.
• handles contract administration work pertaining to loanout agreements and direct hire agreements in order to ensure consistency of language used and perks offered throughout the department.
• provides general clerical support to evp (i. E. Scheduling meetings, answering phones, arranging travel and hotel accommodations, distributing/organizing mail; composing memos and correspondence, making photocopies, sending and receiving faxes, etc.
• coordinates visual effects contracts and agreements with appropriate legal departments.
• preps and coordinates all material for teleconference sessions.
• analyzes and prepares financial documents as requested.
• prepares check requests or expense reports and follows through.
• handles special projects as assigned.
• high school diploma or equivalent required.
• college coursework preferred.
• previous secretarial experience strongly preferred.
• previous studio/production experience required.
• typing:30 wpm.
• preferred: proficient in microsoft word, excel, filemaker, cinesync pro, shotgun
O knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures.
O knowledge of report, letter, etc. Format.
O knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
About Warner Bros. Entertainment
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms. A Time Warner Company, the fully integrated, broad-based Studio is home to one of the most successful collections of brands in the world and stands at the forefront of every aspect of the entertainment industry from feature film, television and home entertainment production and worldwide distribution to DVD and Blu-ray, digital distribution, animation, comic books, video games, product and brand licensing, and broadcasting. The company’s vast library, one of the most prestigious and valuable in the world, consists of more than 61,000 hours of programming, including nearly 6,500 feature films and 3,000 television programs comprised of tens of thousands of individual episodes.
Please apply online for Job # 147970BR at www.warnerbroscareers.com