Posted 3-10-2014, offered
They are currently seeking a talented designer who possesses proven skills across various creative disciplines – these include graphic design, digital photography, sketching and other creative forms. A can-do attitude and collaborative spirit are prerequisites for this important position. You must also be fun to work with.
• Conceptualize and translate graphic and packaging design trends to create appealing and innovative aesthetically pleasing packaging solutions for Astor’s customer base.
• Design and prepare marketing and sales materials including trend boards, sample mock-ups, and renderings as needed.
• Position requires high-level of collaboration across multiple departments including PD, Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, and Production. Effective communication skills are required.
• Meet tight project timelines through good management of workflow and ability to prioritize. Strong follow-through and flexibility is necessary.
• BFA or BA in art.
• Three years working experience in graphic design, a background in luxury consumer packaging or gift or cosmetic environment is a great plus.
• A demonstrated mastery of graphic design principals including typography.
• Experience with production is a necessity, including a working knowledge of pre-press, color separation and printing processes.
• Extensive working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign as well as proficient knowledge of a MAC based environment.
• Individuals with strong foundational skills such as self-motivation, responsibility, communication skill (oral & written), detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple items simultaneously are most important.
• Able to work both independently and take direction is necessary. Working professionally with colleagues in a collaborative spirit is central to the success of this position.
Please send your resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com