Graphic designer / Video producer
Posted 17-10-2014, offered
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively contribute in brainstorming meetings and develop successful design solutions, meeting all strategic and creative requirements.
• Develop and enforce a consistent visual identity across all materials and communications;
• Manage, track and procure visual communication assets and projects from initial conception to final production.
• Manage creative project processes from concept to delivery, including the management of external vendors, printing and web coordination.
• Design, maintain and manage resources to produce all Friends of the Earth visual communications, including but not limited to: collateral, white papers, presentations, reports, infographics, banners and signage, online video and b-roll.
• Work cross-functionally to identify project requirements, drive schedules, coordinate moving pieces and develop an integrated visual communications plan that complements the organization’s outreach initiatives;
• Create visual content for the organization’s website and social media channels, often in quick response situations.
• Plan and perform video pre- and post-production tasks, which includes reviewing footage, making editorial changes, rough cuts and final editing using the Adobe Suite.
• Take and manipulates photos and maintain the digital assets library.
• Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.).
• Proficiency in video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or similar, including pre- and post-production skills.
• Superior design skills and thorough knowledge of print production technologies, and experience working with and managing print vendors.
• Strong creative, design and brand management skills, specific to copy and other visual communications.
• Ability to quickly produce compelling graphics and visuals.
• Solid experience operating a DSLR camera.
• Ability to successfully manage simultaneous on projects, both small and large in scale.
• Proactive collaboration skills and proven ability to build relationships across functional groups, and with diverse audiences.
• Ability to display leadership, teamwork and accountability under general direction.
• Ability to organize time, prioritize work and move work forward.
• Exceptional and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent listening skills and a commitment to communicate clearly, completely and in a timely manner.
• Willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Salary and Benefits:
Friends of the Earth offers a competitive salary, based upon experience and responsibilities.
E-mail cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com with the subject heading “Graphic Designer/Video Producer.” No mail applications or phone calls. Position will remain open until filled.