Industrial Engineer for Universal Studios
Posted 6-04-2011, offered
The right candidate will support process improvement efforts across the Universal Orlando Resort. Determine the most effective ways to best utilize people, machines, materials, information, and energy—to provide a service. Increase productivity through the management of people, methods of business organization, and technology. Provide individual contribution to problem solving efforts on selected projects to improve quality, reduce cost and improve cycle time, rework etc. Deliver real improvements that positively impacts the company's bottom-line through a combination of expertise in quantitative methods and experience across all business functions
• Use Lean and Six Sigma techniques to drive rapid, high impact business improvement throughout the organization. Apply DMAIC methodology to determine root causes, engineer solutions, implement, and institutionalize change.
• Improve operational efficiency by reducing waste, non-value added tasks & processes. Analyze work force utilization, labor hours, labor cost, labor schedules, and attendance seasonality to develop processes that improve labor planning and ultimately increase employee utilization.
• Develop and execute data collection studies and obtain data using database query tools in order to perform data mining and data analysis using statistical tools and methodologies
• Analyze processes using operations research tools including optimization, simulation modeling, linear programming, etc.
• Assist in development of business cases & presentations to be presented from front line stakeholders to executive leadership
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
# EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Engineering/ Statistics / Mathematics / Finance.
# EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years: Minimum of 3 years experience working in Industrial Engineering, Quality Assurance, Engineering or other scientific disciplines; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please find the link to apply: