IT Manger; Administration Delivery Services for Universal Studios
Posted 6-04-2011, offered
The IT System’s Manager, Administration’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of various applications in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, manage and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the organization.
Strategy & Planning
• Lead operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Develop and execute IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Develop requests for proposal.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Handle vendor relation including hosted vendors; includes contract interpretation, negotiation and approvals.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of certain IT systems
• Oversee training of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
• Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment, as it pertains to lease end cycles.
• Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Formal Education & Certification
• University degree in the field of business, computer science or related and 5 years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Manage team of developers through various project lifecycles.
• Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Extensive application support leading a team utilizing PeopleSoft, Kronos (or other Time and Attendance system); 5+ years
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Ability to interpret functional/technical documentation.
Please find the link to apply: