Junior Graphic Designer
Posted 12-01-2015, wanted
Do you see the world in color, and ask yourself regularly how you can positively impact your surroundings? Are you a go-getter who is passionate about what you do and how you do them? Have you ever wondered how experiences might be enhanced if you slowed your pace down and focused on the details? Do you believe in combining a solid work ethic with a great sense of wit, accomplishment, and commitment?
If you have answered YES to all of this, MLD WANTS TO TALK WITH YOU.
MLD is seeking an energetic and ambitious Junior Graphic/Industrial Designer who wants to impact the world by creating meaningful experiences through art. Their ideal candidate has an insane passion for all things design, from sleek cars, to sexy shoes, and all things art. While understanding the business requirements of keeping customers happy, their “next great designer” maintains that some creative processes simply cannot be rushed. After all, creativity is discovery, and designers must be allowed to explore and ideate.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Assist the Design team with various print, web/ interactive projects
• Demonstrate a detail-oriented approach, understand typography, and be able to clearly organize complex content
• Handle a broad range of tasks including client-requested revisions, new collateral development, and other design directions assigned by the Creative Director
Requirements for this position:
• 2+ years of design industry experience
• Experience in software/technology space preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• MAC/ PC
• Fireworks, Flash and AxureRP is a plus
• Xhtml/ CSS is a plus
• Meticulous, extremely detail-oriented nature
• Illustration/hand drawing skills a plus
• Proven history of multitasking and meeting deadlines
• Acute visual, typography, and color sense and alertness to design trends
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – comfortable in presenting concepts
• Ability to exercise good business judgment in complex situations
• Self-motivated and independent, yet team-oriented and able to work well with others
Local San Diego candidates preferred. If your experience meets the position requirements, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com or apply here on Behance. Only qualified prospects can expect a response. No phone calls please. Please place Jr. Graphic Designer in the subject line when emailing your resume.