Lead Graphic Designer
Posted 16-08-2013, offered
We expect that with 5 years of experience you'll have expert knowledge of software and an eye for great typography and design - but we're really interested in that extra special skill you can bring to our team . Are you a motion graphics whiz? Can you write processing code? Do you take great photographs? Are you a great copywriter, and/or a razor sharp strategic thinker?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, we'd love to hear from you. At Astro we work in a variety of media, so a diverse skill set and the ability to work in a cross-disciplinary environment is essential. Additionally, an understanding of youth culture is imperative. Be it through your own interests or your ultra keen 6th sense, you know what's happening in the areas of music, gaming, fashion, entertainment, and action sports. Perhaps most importantly, you understand how to connect all these dots to build great products and brands. The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
* Must have at least 5 years experience as a Designer or equivalent position.
* Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
* Must have expert knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Experience with and knowledge ofAfter Effects, Cinema 4D or Maya.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail.
* Ability to conceptualize and execute a project from beginning to end.
* Must have a can do attitude and strong work ethics.
* Creative, solutions oriented and a self starter.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US.