Manager, PMO for Universal Studios
Posted 6-04-2011, offered
The right candidate will be Responsible for IT portfolio management, implementing Project Management practices and discipline and assisting with the overall IT service delivery. This position will work closely with leaders internal and external to IT to ensure an alignment of IT resources and Project methodology. Within IT, this position will drive consistent process and management across the organization, resulting in predictable, measurable services.
• Implement best practices, techniques, and tools for project management and planning, establishing an internal center of excellence for this domain.
• Establish and maintain an effective IT project portfolio management process, ensuring on-time, to-budget, to-specification delivery of prioritized IT initiatives aligned with business priorities.
• Foster a positive team environment, driving standards, consistency, and continuous improvement across IT functions.
• Develop a business interaction model and a method to measure customer satisfaction across internal business units and corporate functions.
• Facilitate Project Health Checks and Project audit meetings and help align resources with IT priorities.
• Communicate understanding of the purpose of PMO within IT and business partners. Mentor, train, mediate, and coach the Project team.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
# EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school is required. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in MIS or Business is preferred. Master’s degree in MIS or Business is preferred. Other: PMO Certification Desired. Broad exposure to projects/operations across both application and infrastructure domains. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
# EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: _experience and track record of establishing and managing PMO organizations including project and portfolio management experience. Responsible for the managing of change for organizations adopting new PMO standards and methodology. Significant business interaction experience, including establishing and managing service level agreement and measurement of project contributions to business performance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please find the link to apply: