Posted 2-11-2012, wanted
In addition to great design skills (understanding and interpreting research insights, sketching, form/detailing/crafting and CAD modelling/rendering/animation), candidates should have great internal and client facing communication skills.
If you are passionate about your work, and have the desire to work in a small vibrant studio, then we would love to hear from you...
Required Skills/ Experience - MUST HAVE:
• 2/4+ years professional experience
• Degree in Industrial / Product Design
• High Degree of Proficiency in 3D Software (such as Rhino (preferred), Solid Works)
• High Degree of Proficiency in 3D high-res renders
• High Degree of Proficiency in PhotoShop and Illustrator
• Excellent at Model Making and Mockups
• Passionate thinker about consumer behaviour and able to articulate thoughts
• Sensitivity to international consumers, markets and socio-cultural trends
• Passion for Brands, Design, Visual Arts, Fashion Trends
Required Skills / Experience - VERY NICE TO HAVE:
• Excellent at Hand Sketching
• Proficient in 3D animation
• Proficient editing of 3D animation and other moving visual elements into 'short movies' (such as imovie, final cut pro)
• Interest in Photography
• Understanding of materials, plastic and packaging processes for manufacturer
• Conducting, analysing, and synthesising primary and secondary research as a means to develop an actionable point of view for our clients
• Analytically-minded, with a the desire and capability to tackle large, complex problems and distill them down to their essence
• Supporting strategic projects in the development of client-facing presentation documents (image finding, writing, creating diagrams or other visual materials)
Please submit applications via email to email@example.com with subject heading 'middleweight designer' including CV, portfolio and covering letter.