Nike Design Director - Basketball Product Graphics
Posted 20-03-2015, offered
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We're a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As a NIKE Design Director, you bring an ability to blend cutting-edge sensibility with athlete-inspired design. You tell beautiful narrative and elevate the consumer experience through superior graphic design. You can work creatively and collaboratively, you have proven your design chops, and you can design innovative footwear, apparel and headwear graphics that tell a cohesive story, head to toe.
What You Do:
• You are the catalyst and visionary leader of the visual narrative for NIKE BASKETBALL in the Art Department.
• Lead a team of talented graphic designers and storytellers to set the direction for graphics.
• Design clean typography, fresh hand illustration, clear ideation, and outstanding use of color, texture, spacing, and scale
• Run the day to day inline basketball design business
• Design in a way that incorporates consumer/athlete insights
• Work between cross-functional teams in own category and across the company
• Clearly communicate your design intent and impact
• Build awareness of current trends, color, technology, and sports-related products through research and travel.
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 10+ years directly relevant work experience (team management, product graphic design)
• Proven ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design
• Knowledge of the "basketball obsessed" consumer
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and the athletic industry specifically
• Demonstrated high level of expertise using graphic design software
• Strong oral and written communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations
• Ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
• Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses
• Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
• Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes
NIKE is a growth company. We're looking for team members to grow with us. If we've piqued your interest, then, good! A generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
To apply for the job click here on.be.net/1H9WSc0