Senior Concept Artist at LEGO
Posted 2-05-2016, offered
Are you a creative soul who thrives developing new ideas, stories and characters? And would you like to work in the heart of a creative environment, where you will be the bridge between product designers, art directors and marketing? Then this might be a great opportunity for you!
Turn ideas into reality
As the company new, talented concept artist, you will sketch, create and bring new concepts, stories and characters to life through brands like LEGO Elves, LEGO Friends and LEGO DC Superheroes. Basically, you will step into a highly creative position, both from a storytelling and character design perspective, where you will follow your project from the beginning in the concept stages until finalised products and merchandize in the pipeline. Reporting to the project lines design manager, your responsibility will be to:
- Design and develop new characters and settings: You will work with the whole concept design process, ranging from the very first research and ideation, to characters and worlds that will be brought to life in the LEGO products, TV series, movies, apparel and merchandise.
- Create new stories and themes: Together with scriptwriters, model designers and art directors you will bridge an exciting conceptual story into both playable LEGO models and entertaining TV content and books.
- Ensure strong branding and design quality through feedback in pipeline: You will follow your project closely from concept into pipeline, and as you are placed in the very heart of the project, you will assist the projects´ marketing and design lead in giving feedback/approvals to the internal and external partners.
Join the LEGO design culture
In a culture that is famous for collaboration and creativity, you will work closely in creative teams to brainstorm, create and design characters and worlds that delight and inspire children globally. You will be working from the LEGO design headquarters in Billund, Denmark, in a collaborative, open-minded and international environment alongside 200+ other designers, all with different fields of expertise.
Strong aesthetic talent, cooperative mind-set and high personal drive
This position definitely requires you to have an innovative mind, which - combined with the playful approach of your inner child - enables you to create ideas and high quality concepts for children. You are also able to quickly express and visualise rough ideas as well as select and execute on the best of them. As a natural storyteller, you thrive in developing a variety of characters and worlds - often from scratch. You are extremely collaborative and understand the value of team work. In addition to being diplomatic and constructive, you have a high personal drive and enjoy taking initiative. Finally, you:
- Have a formal education in animation, concept design or illustration
- Preferably have 3+ years of work experience as a concept artist, character designer, art director, game designer or similar
- Have practical decision-making skills and the ability to creatively manage strategic dilemmas during a design process
- Have a strong aesthetic talent, strong skills in illustration and key creative software program skills, e.g. Photoshop or Painter
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
Bringing it to life
"Come and join the LEGO Group, where you will have a great opportunity to shape the future play of children and work with great talents from all over the world," says Rosario Costa, Senior Creative Director, PG1 Design.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. Please remember to attach a motivated cover letter, your portfolio and a current CV in English, when you apply.
Please note that applications without an uploaded PDF portfolio will not be taken into consideration. Your portfolio cannot exceed 2mb in size, but you are welcome to link to additional and relevant portfolio content in a website.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Carmen Elena Manea on +45 79 50 45 54.