Senior Graphic Designer at Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Posted 25-08-2016, offered
Seeking a Designer to join the Communications & Design team in the San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling a high volume of production requests that include, but are not limited to: development and completion of all graphics and design requirements related to website(s), ads, invitations, posters, packaging design, brochures, logo development, presentation graphics, mark-ups, employee marketing communications and special events.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all promotional materials, events, etc.
- Design and layout of all communications and marketing-related items
- Coordinate marketing initiatives, branding and advertising efforts, strengthen brand awareness
- Create ads, forms, and graphics
- Coordinate ARE presence at events such as trade shows, conferences, conventions, etc.
- Act as point person to fulfill internal marketing communication requirements
- Assist in planning and tracking of marketing plan and budget
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofing of marketing materials
- Maintain and enforce branding guidelines
- Collaborate with creative resources on marketing projects
- Work with outside vendors to manage marketing projects
- Help manage internal production needs and ensure that deadlines are satisfied, according to individual project schedules
- Provide status reports to manager on a weekly basis
- Create PowerPoint presentations and graphics as requested
- Outstanding design and project management skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of proven, practical experience
- Professional experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Macromedia Fireworks/Dreamweaver, Powerpoint, etc.
- Experience with web site design and development
- Understanding of design, layout and print production
- Ability to efficiently and effectively change focus in a dynamic, flexible environment
- Experience with Mac platform
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative and follow through is critical
- Exceptional organizational skills (resources and prioritization)
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work against and meet deadlines