Senior UX Designer at Eero
Posted 11-07-2016, offered
"Design is core to eero’s identity. Every detail – the product’s physical form, our packaging, our simple and intuitive app, even the company’s name – reflects this. We’re looking for a self-motivated designer who wants to help us take this design culture to the next level – someone who can lead a user-centered design process and deliver inspired experiences."
The ideal candidate has experience with generative design and values close collaboration with researchers in these efforts. They are comfortable exploring multiple concepts before recommending a solution. They are creative collaborators who provide leadership within the design team but also partner well with other disciplines across the organization. They can write scenarios and develop detailed task flows. They are eager to communicate their ideas and receptive to feedback from others. Ideally, they’ve designed and shipped consumer products, and understand the specific challenges and opportunities of mobile devices. They’ve worked successfully with product managers and engineers. They have a positive attitude, open mind and a desire to collaborate, learn and teach.
eero is the gold standard for consumer WiFi, and will continue to build experiences that leverage connectivity to elevate life at home. As a UX Designer at eero, you’ll develop a deep understanding of our strategy and be responsible for translating it into a compelling suite of products and services.
What you'll do:
- Make their products clean, timeless and intuitive
- Own the design process: drive decisions, track issues, and work with peers in Product and Engineering to deliver outstanding work
- Translate insights and ideas into compelling experiences for the user
- Effectively communicate design problems, and provide reasoning for proposed solutions
- Be a strong individual contributor and provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the design team
- Map the user’s journey across devices and platforms to design consistent, cohesive and delightful interactions
- Task-switching as necessary to accomodate fast-paced start-up work culture
- Own attention to detail and quality of shipped product
They’re looking for someone who:
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in a user experience role
- Have formal training in design (related HCI background also considered)
- Bring a working knowledge of mobile/responsive design
- Have previously tackled complex system-design problems
- Have an interest and ability to collaborate with other disciplines and designers
- Track record with hardware-software interaction and/or multi-platform eco-systems
- Rapid-prototyping skills(e.g. HTML/CSS, Processing, etc.)
- Visual design chops
- Experience working at a startup / small company