Senior Visual Designer
Posted 17-09-2014, wanted
They provide an open, collaborative environment that embraces not just new ideas, but the emerging tools and techniques that are redefining experiential design. Unlike larger advertising/marketing agencies where your voice and vision can get lost in the crowd, you’ll be instrumental in helping change culture. You’ll be responsible for investigating the entirety of a consumer’s relationship with clients’ brands, and then work with cross-functional teams to identify unmet needs, envision new experiences and design products and services that matter.
Sound like something up your alley? Read on…
What You’ll Be Doing
- As part of the Creative Team, you will help lead research and strategy, information architecture and interaction design. You will work through complex challenges and design brilliant solutions, collaborating closely with teams that include planners, creative technologists, producers, designers, copywriters, and account leads. And you’ll shape those solutions by crystallizing not only what our recommendations are, but also what and why.
- You’ll contribute to an environment built on innovation by keeping up-to-date with inspiring creative and technology, while sharing what you learn with the team. Innovation, quality, and attention to detail are all critical aspects of this role and you’ll constantly aim to deliver a flawless end solution.
Why You’re Qualified
- 5+ years of visual and interaction design experience working through interesting problems and helping to contribute to effective solutions.
- With extreme proficiency in Adobe CS, you’ll work with the Creative Director to ensure a visual strategy is consistently applied across all aspects of a broad range of projects including web, print and mobile.
- You should be comfortable with basic front-end web development, (XHTML, CSS, and JS) with a clear understanding of what is and isn’t possible online.
- Passion for human behavior and experience designing elegant solutions that run circles around your fellow interaction designers.
- Curiosity for emerging platforms.
- This is a full-time, in-house position; applicants must live in, or be willing to commute to the Portsmouth area.
If you’re passionate about experience design, you’re smart as a whip, and you can share examples of your inventiveness in ways that outshine your peers, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your PDF cover letter and resume, as well as 3-5 recent creative samples including a description of your personal contribution to each. A personal online portfolio or blog is preferred; please send your URLs along. Inquiries with no work samples will not be reviewed.