Senior Web Designer
Posted 2-11-2012, offered
This role will lead all creative output for the New York office, and act as a creative consultant for all new business opportunities, presenting concepts and providing creative direction to clients and prospects. The role is heavily dependent on being able to not only produce highly creative work, but also articulate creating thinking effectively to clients.
Pitch creative and ideation:
- Work with the analytics / strategy team to develop ideas based on insight
- Lead brainstorms (with internal teams and clients/prospects)
- Supervise and inspire the creative team; produce multiple concepts for a campaign or project briefs
- With the account lead, assure that internal and client presentations are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale.
- Be part of Beyond’s pitch team, present ideas and work with the client
- Preparing and justifying job estimates.
- Ensure creative work is on brief
- Actively feed back any issues at the appropriate time to the account or project manager
- Ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Ensure projects are delivered on time
- Support the producers or project managers to ensure that client expectations are exceeded
- Project Development
- Manage multiple assigned projects from concept through completion
- Provide art direction, UX/UI, design and comp design as needed
- Lead creative sessions
- Ensure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and the producers, account team and clients.
- Support outside resources, including designers, copywriters, web designers, photographers, freelancers, web and interactive sub-contractors.
- Feedback throughout the build process on design and UX issues
- Sign off build projects as design complete
- Drive constant improvement in company’s creative quality and capabilities.
Skills / Requirements
- 4-7 years of experience, working in-house or at an agency
- Significant client-facing experience, particularly pitching and selling ideas
- Must be highly dependable and able to work independently
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Must be a natural leader and able to manage a team (of designers or non-designers)
- Strongly communication skills; highly articulate
- Front-end development knowledge preferred
- Must be proficient in the all of the latest Adobe CS design software, Keynote and PowerPoint.
- User experience knowledge required. Must understand UX best practices and also be able to produce high quality wireframes, user flow diagrams, etc.
At Beyond, we have a hard-working culture but we make time for ping-pong breaks and happy hours. We also offer excellent benefits, including health insurance, 401k matching, 20 days of Vacation per year (25 days after your first year), 8 paid company holidays, paid time off on your birthday, and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Years.