Supervisor, Ride for Universal Studios
Posted 6-04-2011, offered
Universal Studios is looking for a person who will supervise the day-to-day maintenance of the UO Rides and Attractions. Ensures the safety of all Rides and Attractions. Oversees all budgetary responsibilities for own work area. Manages preventative as well as all other maintenance activities. Facilitates the hiring, training and scheduling of employees for work area.
* Supervises the ride maintenance department with hands-on involvement. Ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is operating in a safe and completely functional manner. Responds to attraction interruptions and works to resolve such issues in an expedient manner. Interfaces with the Operations counterpart on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality product.
* Oversees the planning and scheduling process for own work area, which includes managing work orders as well as parts procurement
* Establishes and executes a preventative maintenance program to keep down time to an acceptable minimum in all areas of the facility.
* Maintains records of maintenance repairs on all sign-off sheets for daily work completed.
* Responsible for training, development and scheduling all employees of the Supervisor’s ride maintenance department. Administers Universal Orlando policies and procedures, to include disciplinary action, counseling and attendance tracking. Assists with the hiring process and performing staffing selections.
* Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school degree or GED required. Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
* 5-7 Years technical and trade experience required. 1-3 Years Supervisory experience and Universal Orlando leadership role experience required.
Please find the link to apply: