UX Designer at Sony
Posted 3-06-2016, offered
The newly established Sony Nordic Design Studio, based in Lund – Sweden, is together with the Sony UK Design Studio forming the European Branch of Sony Creative Center. Working at Sony Nordic gives you the opportunity to work in a creative environment, designing products and services, together with colleagues from all over the world.
As of today, the hiring department lies within Sony Mobile but will undergo transfer to Sony Nordic, a part of Sony Corporation, as from 1st of April. Hence, the employment will be with Sony Nordic.
They are now looking for...
You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary product design teams (graphic, visual, ID, 3D and motion design) to define interaction design and information architectures that will inform and inspire the strategy, planning and design of Sony´s future products, features, applications and services."
Main responsibilities include:
· Creating innovative design concepts
· Creating excellent detailed interaction design
· Conducting basic research to inform and inspire your design
· Creating interactive prototypes
· Collaborating with visual designers, planners, and software teams to design brilliant user experiences
· Contributing to the development of new design tools and methods
· Mentoring junior interaction designers
· Communicating your design clearly and persuasively to team members and management
· Contributing by evaluating and reviewing design done by others
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
· Highly motivated and passionate about design
· 5+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design of consumer applications, preferably mobile devices
· Extensive knowledge and experience of driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, product management, and user research
· Experience in visual/graphic design
· Ability to drive design projects
· Genuine interest in consumer products
· Fluent in English (speech and writing)
· Additional language skills are a merit, but not essential
· Works independently in his area of expertise, requires minimal guidance only in very complex situations
For questions about the role please contact hiring manager Fredrik Johansson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Linda Dahlberg at email@example.com
Please apply no later than the 9th of June.