showcase magazine Mar 2012cape town issue 332
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Cape Town, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the South African visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
In this Showcase we present the leading companies and top professionals currently working in Cape Town: 10-4 Africa, Big Sky Productions, Boss Models, Cape Town Productions, Cool Banana, EuroConnection South Africa, Faith Model Management, Ice Models, Infidels, Magic Mountain Productions, Pepper Club, Steel Productions, The Bungalow and The Vineyard Hotel & Spa.
Our cover image was shot by Petra Van Raaij for the German TV program called Das Perfekte Model.
- photo agents Back to top
Infidels Cape Town photo agents
Latest news from Infidels:
- Jesse-Leigh Elford shot campaigns for Pongracz, Gavin Rajah, Playboy (Make-up: Dale Titus, Stylist: Justin Jurd), as well as covers and editorials for Elle and Marie Claire.
- Christoph Musiol shot a cover for spanish NEO2 Mag with Lady Gaga's muse Rick Genest.
- Fabrizio Rainone shot an editorial for SVA Magazine.
- Sven Jacobsen shot Paul Rosen and H&M by Johanni Nel.
- Caroline McClelland shot Kuwait's 360º mall campaign (styling: Wande Lamprecht).
- Damon Fourie shot Baby Phat's Kimora Lee Simmons as well as beautiful editorials for Glamour and Elle.
- Marguerite Oelofse shot campaigns for Jekyll & Hyde, Olmeca Tequila, Kinder (Ferrero Rocher) as well as editorials for Elle and Glamour.
- Fiona Royds shot Marie Claire editorials and Kevin Fitzgerald shot Marie Claire.
- Justin Jurd worked with director Brent Harris for UNICEF TAP, the Armani supported UNICEF film project.
- Natalia Keet styled a J Crew catalogue.
- photo production Back to top
10-4 Africa Cape Town photo production
Specialising in producing high-end fashion shoots from South Africa to Zanzibar, 10-4 Africa works with a range of clients including leading publications and influential photographers.
10-4 Africa editorial highlights of the season include a portfolio of large-scale projects across Africa:
- Cliff Watts for US Cosmopolitan, Adele cover shoot, London.
- Michael Roberts, Daily Telegraph and L’Officiel cover shoot with Chanel Iman, Cape Town.
- Horst Diekgerdes for UK Harper's Bazaar, Mauritius.
- Will Davidson for Australian Harper's Bazaar, South Africa.
- David Gubert for UK Glamour, Cape Town.
- Henrik Adamsen for Vila Clothes Denmark, Zanzibar.
10-4 delivers the highest level of professionalism and service and will continue to provide clients with outstanding quality production throughout the 2012 season.
Steel Productions Cape Town photo production
The Steel Productions team is loving summer in the southern hemisphere and all the exciting work it brings. Work under the belt so far this season has included some fantastic experiences with wonderful teams. Among others, Steel thanks:
- Louis Vuitton Homme by Alasdair McLellan of Art Partner with Brachfeld Paris.
- Ving Resor by Kalle Gustafsson of Skarp Stockholm.
- Bosch by Joel Micah Miller.
- Playtex by John Huet.
- Lucozade by Josh Cole of Wyatt Clarke and Jones.
- Acuvue by Cody Burridge of Terri Manduca.
- Lufthansa by Sam Robinson.
- Fat Face by Nigel Riches - shot in Zanzibar.
With two months of good weather still ahead, Steel is looking forward to creating more gorgeous images around South Africa and beyond.
Cool Banana Cape Town photo production
Cool Banana had the privilege of producing Siemens 'Greener' in Istanbul, Mumbai and Johannesburg. The Siemens drawing project documents how kids from these cities envisage a futuristic 'Greener' world through their own drawings. These heart warming images were captured by Mariella Furrer and produced in each city by Cool Banana.
Other projects include campaigns for Paul Rosen S/S 2012, Leo Guy S 2012, Park Avenue S/S 2012, as well as catalogues for YKM department store S/S 2012, Kids Interiors and 360 degrees Kuwait.
EuroConnection South Africa Cape Town photo production
Photographer Viviane Sassen shot the 'Aigue Marine' series for the February issue of Numéro, featuring the gorgeous model Barbara Palvin.
Alexa Singer completed a shoot in South Africa for Dutch designer Mart Visser and his exclusive 'Coat Collection' for Dutch department store V&D.
Ender Deren and Julie Van Damme Lagoe were in charge of the NetWork fashion campaign, featuring models Iris Strubegger and Patrick Petit shot by photographer Philipp von Hessen.
The Euro Connection team would like to thank all their clients in helping make this past summer season in Cape Town so incredible.
Recent jobs included:
- Anotah - photography Ioannis Bournais.
- V&D - photography Alexa Singer.
- Network - photography Philipp von Hessen.
- Numéro - photography Viviane Sassen.
- Femina - photography Jakob Kirk.
- Mudo - photography Ayten Alpun.
- TBS - photography Estelle Rancurel.
- Always - photography Alexa Singer.
- Coffee & Tea Co. - photography Paul Barbera.
Cape Town Productions Cape Town photo production
Cape Town Productions has had an incredibly busy season so far. Little White Company and The White Company were in town with photographers William Garrett and David Mandelberg, "many thanks to Camille for her support."
A John Lewis Furniture shoot went off smoothly, shot by local photographer Daron Chatz. Boden was shot with Rick Truscott while Shop Direct continues to shoot down South with Jason Eggby and Philip Blythman.
Marion Walter brought Otto Versand while Debenhams was shot by Joseph Montezinos. Kristian Schuller shot for Roche and Alex Rank shot an amazing campaign for BMW.
Visit the website for more information.
Big Sky Productions Cape Town photo production
Bigsky Productions Africa's latest campaigns and shoots include:
- Woolworths - Studio W and Re Jeans campaigns.
- Synsam Eyewear campaign and Henne editorial (Norway) with photographer Morten Qvale.
- Boots (UK) with Photographer Barnaby Wiltshire.
- Asos Magazine with photographer Alex Sainbury.
- Galeries Lafayette and Viola Magazine (Germany) with Lars Borges.
- Gedeon and TV5 (France).
Big Sky is looking forward to a busy season in Spain. Contact the company direct for European shoots and check the website for its latest TV commercials.
Magic Mountain Productions Cape Town photo production
Magic Mountain Productions recently produced campaigns all over the Western Cape in South Africa. Most of these photographic shoots required lots of pre- production, research, model and location scouting. But the Magic team managed everything to the clients' satisfaction. Included in this Showcase is a selection of on-set pictures that were taken during these productions.
The Magic team is looking forward to more awesome shoots this season. Contact Sabina for more information.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Boss Models Cape Town fashion models
Latest news from Boss Models:
- Lauren Buys for Interview Magazine. Photography: Sebastian Kim.
- Marinet Matthee for Novembre Magazine. Photography: Kate Cox.
- Alexa Corlett for L'Officiel cover (Greece).
- Gareth Shillaw and Matt Giesler for GQ Style cover. Photography: Kristen Lee Moolman.
- Stefan Pieters by Neil Roberts.
- Mias vd Westhuizen shoots main fashion for Men's Health (South Africa).
- Luc de le Motte shot by Randall Mesdon.
- Eric Bester for Stylebop editorial shot by Kristen Lee Moolman. Styling: Leila Yavari.
Ice Models Cape Town fashion models
Latest news from Ice Models:
- Akuol de Mabior for Elle Italia by Alexei Hai.
- Angie Schmidt by Anne Menke.
- Carla von Bergmann for German Elle by Phillip von Hessen.
- Jude Nabney and Rob Rea by Matt Guion.
- Michelle Jansen for Cosmopolitan UK by Olivia Graham.
- Sam Laskey by Maria Karas.
- Yordanos Gebre for Elle SA by Jesse-leigh Elford.
- Yuliya Purkiss for a wedding album by Ulrich Knoblauch.
Visit the website for more information.
Faith Model Management Cape Town fashion models
Latest news from Faith Model Management:
- Luis looks dashing in his Nivea campaign.
- Letshego does the Bronx Shoes campaign.
- Faith boys Jason, Yannick and Federico rocked local campaigns for Carlos Galucci, Truworths and Firetrap.
- Williams appears in the Dunlop clothing campaign.
- Lantei sizzles in the Sprite TV commercial.
- Michelle Birch features in the Aleit Group 10-year anniversary campaign.
- Julian Murmann shows off his amazing body in UK Touch Magazine.
- locations Back to top
The Bungalow Cape Town restaurants
Open from 12:00 until 02:00 daily, The Bungalow's contemporary style menu offers an extensive range of options from light bistro lunches to designer sushi and complete dinners that can be enjoyed with a selection of signature cocktails. Incorporating the rustic flavours of the Mediterranean, the food is beautifully plated and made fresh from locally sourced ingredients.
Situated in Cape Town's luxury playground, The Bungalow is perfect for those balmy summer evenings, whether it is to enjoy a cocktail with friends before the party, business lunches, a first date, a family dinner, or a private function. Guests can expect exclusivity within a vibrant and youthful ambience while experiencing their first taste of true ocean-side dining in Cape Town. Why not join the post-work “it” crowd as they wind down by the splash-pool and enjoy a mid-afternoon buzz among cosmopolitan crowds and undercover celebrities.
- hotels and apartments Back to top
Pepper Club Cape Town hotels
Pepper Club Luxury Hotel and Spa is set to address the growing need for luxury hotels in the heart of the city. The hotel elevates the standard of luxury accommodation to a level previously unseen in the area, offering a hotel experience on par with the best hotels in the world.
The 210-bedroom hotel features opulent interiors, a fine dining restaurant, an intimate private cinema, a swimming pool with panoramic views, a fully-equipped gymnasium, a luxurious spa, 24-hour concierge service and security.
With panoramic views guests will not only witness one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but also have a first-class springboard to all the attractions that cosmopolitan Cape Town offers.
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa Cape Town hotels
The perfect stay in the premier Cape Town setting, The Vineyard Hotel & Spa, set on the shady eastern slopes of Table Mountain, extends from an original Georgian homestead across eight lush hectares of indigenous riverside parkland. Deluxe, with a range of luxury accommodations, two award-winning restaurants, a superb conference and functions venue, a globally renowned spa and fully equipped health and fitness centre.
A leisurely ride from airport, city centre, and the natural and cultural marvels of the peninsula, The Vineyard Hotel & Spa is the essential Cape rest-up, gentle-down, pleasure or business pause.