showcase germany issue 126 Sep 2008Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. Featuring the very best of the German visual media industry, as usual more information can be found in our Directory.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Photokina, Cologne, September 23rd - 28th. The world of imaging provides Germany's biggest photo industry fair, including exhibitions, demonstrations and lots of industry-leading information. As part of the Visual Gallery space the fair will include the 21st BFF Promotion Awards and the Reinhart-Wolf Award 2009.
- September 18th sees the Die Klappe awards ceremony in Hamburg, one of Germany's most prestigious commercial awards presentations.
Our cover photo series was shot by Miroe.
Agentur Neubauer & Springer Munich photo agents
Latest news from Agency Neubauer & Springer:
- Fashion photographer Stefan Giftthaler is a new face from Milan. Visit the website for a first look at his talent.
- Bernd Opitz shot furniture for Rolf Benz in Spain and France, and did a long shoot for Siemens Gigaset in L.A. with agency Red Urban. He also shot a sexy key visual for Berentzen for the new campaign with agency Deepblue in Hamburg. All pictures will shortly be on the website.
- Donja Pitsch shot colourful images for Japanese fashion label Zadig & Voltaire and travelled to Sweden for a shoot for Madame Figaro.
- Rasmus Kaessmann shot an exciting story for Stern with climber Toni Lamprecht in Mallorca. He shot deep water soloing, also for Stern, and top football player Diego for Men's Health. He also completed campaigns for Reebok in Munich and Orthomol in Berlin.
- Michael Munique shot the new spring/summer collection for Trixi Schober with model Josefin Hedstroem. He also did a cover shoot for Elegance and produced for Manor in Montauk, Long Island.
- Robert Brembeck shot Borussia Dortmund trainer Jürgen Klopp for the Mitsubishi client magazine.
- Sandra Seckinger is back in action after her maternity leave.
Marion Eckhardt Hamburg photo agents
Marion Eckhardt Photographers will once again be at Le Book Connections in London this year, which takes place on the 16th and 17th of October. The agency is also proud to now represent established celebrity and portrait photographer Wolfgang Wilde.
Latest work by the agency's photographers:
- Christoph A. Gramann shot for the CSU Party in Bavaria and spent five days shooting a new campaign for insurance company HDI Gerling.
- Sven Görlich shot during filming in Prague for a TV commercial for Nivea for Men. He also shot for Beck's Beer in Australia.
- Bruce Soyez Bernard shot beauty stories for Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar, for whom he also did a cover shoot.
- Wolfgang Pohn completed several shoots for hip Austrian fashion designer Thang de Hoo, including an advertising campaign and a fashion article for First magazine. He also shot visuals for high-end label shop Kronlachner in Vienna.
- Valéry Kloubert shot new images for an advertising campaign to mark the 40th birthday of the 'Garden Egg' chair. He also shot for the Gaffel brewery's latest advertising campaign.
Xing Artproduction Munich photo agents
Glamour photographer Jens Ihnken just finished his world fashion tour, arriving back with great new images:
- Jens shot 'The Concept of Peace Corps' for Bruno Banani.
- He composed images for Paperworld 2008 in Frankfurt.
- Jens photographed the biggest, largest and most erotic billboards for a New York-special for Neue Mode Magazine.
- He completed image campaigns for men's designer-fashion brand Laffitte.
- The Union Investment annual report won two prizes at the international ARC Awards. Jens won a silver award in the 'Photography and Interior Design' category, in association with agency Hundert Grad Kommunikation.
- Jens shot the 2009 spring/summer collection for Mario Barutti.
Check the website for more news from Xing Artproduction.
Tom Nagy Hamburg car & transportation photographersTom Nagy is based in Hamburg and specialises in landscape, people and tranportation photography.
For fifteen years he has been shooting image campaigns for international clients, amongst them Microsoft, IBM, Daimler Chrysler, Deutsche Bahn, XL Capital, Nikon, and many others.
He has won numerous awards including ADC, PDN, New York Festival and BFF prizes.
After a long and successful association with Marion Enste-Jaspers, Tom's new agent, his studio manager Tina Wunsch, will be happy to answer all questions and inquiries.
Jo Francis Hamburg beauty photographers
Jo Francis began conceiving his own unique world of creativity at an early age, building a children's theatre, writing his own productions, designing costumes and inventing magic tricks that he presented to family and friends.
The theatre was later converted into a dark room, from where he began developing his first pictures, and he has been captivated by the fascination of playing with light ever since.
Jo's pictures convey the pleasure of transformation and fancy dress. His imagery plays with evolving dimensions, breaking loose from familiar perceptions.
At times provocative, at times sensual, he is always alert to the exceptional moments that create a rising tension between dreams and reality.
Thomas Schüpping Dusseldorf advertising photographersIn recent weeks photographer Thomas Schüpping shot for Annette Görtz, Barbara Schwarzer, Biba, Donna Carolina, Orwell, Gellner, C&A, Maxi, Style, p2 and Schwarzkopf, amongst others.
Kirstin Knufmann Munich fashion photographers
Kirstin Knufmann was born in Frechen, Germany, and studied photography at the Photo School of Cologne and the IDEP University, Barcelona. Today, she works as a freelance photographer in Munich, Hamburg and New York.
Kirstin moves between the genres of fashion and beauty photography. Her latest work is a production with Barbara Istvanova, winner of Elite Model Look Slovakia, 2007. Kirstin also recently shot for Tout Va Bien magazine, composing photographs with both poetic and dramatic elements. Styling on this shoot was done by Nini Gollong.
The photographer makes art as well as editorial photography and is comfortable working in both the studio and out on location. Her photo compositions show an intense black and white rhetoric, underlined with playful and dynamic colour variations.
Clients include Laux Design, Alida Hat Design, Ophelia Blaimer, Pro Sieben Television GmbH and many more. In September, some of Kirstin's photographs will be exposed during the Photokina trade fair in Cologne.
Romer Fotografie Dusseldorf car & transportation photographers
Based from his studio in Düsseldorf, Stephan Romer has been working as a freelance photographer for 17 years. Over the past decade he has specialised in car and landscape photography.
This year Stephan completed two great shoots for Porsche. Producing images for the entire 911 range in New Zealand, location scout Andreas Koslowski also had to meet a big challenge - the landscape and road colours had to be adapted to the colour of the cars. As can be seen in this Showcase, the pictures indeed speak for themselves.
Stephan then shot the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S in Australia, where urban aspects and modern bridges were considered. Both shoots were successfully produced by New Zealand-based Lighthouse Productions
Other work included a shoot for the Mercedes SLR GT on a racetrack in Le Castellet, France, where the new SLR 722 GT Trophy kicked-off in celebrity style with the attendance of Boris Becker, Mika Hakkinen and Klaus Ludwig, amongst many others.
Axel Kranz Dusseldorf fashion photographers
Based between Düsseldorf and Berlin, Axel Kranz recently shot these featured images in the studio.
More from the 'Kimo's Colours' story, along with many other new photographs, can be found on Axel's updated webpage.
Hüseyin Yerlikaya Dusseldorf advertising photographersHüseyin Yerlikaya recently finished shooting a new collection for fashion designer Eduard Howhannisjans.
Envita, the first German bio-megastore, opened in Mannheim on May 15th. More shops are planned throughout the country, and featured in this Showcase are images shot by Huseyin of the opening campaign for project initiators Naturfabrik.
The photographer also completed images for a new campaign from award-winning hairstylist Savas Turanci.
Peter Palm Photography Dusseldorf fashion photographers
Photographer Peter Palm is based in Düsseldorf but also works in Hamburg, Berlin and Munich.
He recently finished shooting the 'Colour Cocktail' series for SOUS-Magazine, and also completed print advertising images for Princess Tam-Tam.
He is currently working on a story in the style of Quentin Tarantino's film Kill Bill.
Markus Moellenberg Dusseldorf people & lifestyle photographers
Markus Möllenberg is a people, fashion and product photographer with a very welcoming studio in Düsseldorf. Besides a number of ad agencies, direct clients such as Anson's , MEXX and others are amongst some of his most important clients.
Since the beginning of 2008, Markus has been successfully represented by Tschangizian Photographers.
Matthias Tunger Munich advertising photographers
Photographer Matthias Tunger recently shot for Hohmann with Barbara Schöneberger. He also shot the annual report for client Medigene.
Matthias' current work can be found on his webpage.
Sabine Duerichen Munich advertising photographers
Latest news and recent jobs from photographer Sabine Duerichen:
- New Vögele campaign, shot in Knies Zoo, Switzerland.
- Current edition of fashion magazine PJE.
- Cover production for Quelle in Miami.
- Free artwork 'Day Picture'.
Sabine recently returned from Miami, and her next trip to Barcelona will begin shortly.
foddograf Markus Heisler Viernheim advertising photographers
Markus Heisler has had a busy summer. He shot fashion projects on Ibiza early in the season and worked with Laurie Gordeijns (Boss Models, Cape Town).
He spent a week in Paris and did the album cover shots for hot new band 'My Baby Wants to Eat Your Pussy', as well as giving Munich-based actor Alfonso Losa a new look.
After a short hiatus, Markus is now ready for more fashion and people shoots. He continues to travel and work from Berlin to Cape Town, Paris to L.A. Markus is represented worldwide by Gecko Photographers, the Berlin-based agency run by Tong-Jin Smith.
Mediaturns Hamburg animation production
Mediaturns is a multimedia production studio housing film, animation, design and photography with focus on fashion, beauty and lifestyle.
Mediaturns has worked with renowned clients such as Swarovski, Hugo Boss, Procter & Gamble Cosmetics, Bertelsmann, L'Oréal and Mercedes-Benz.
Claas Cropp Creative Productions Berlin photo production
Latest news from Berlin-based full service production company Claas Cropp Creative Productions:
- Bäumler studio campaign production with Daniel Jackson, who shot German Olympic athletes in the brand's menswear collection.
- Vanity Fair cover shoot of Tokio Hotel singer Bill Kaulitz, shot by Ellen von Unwerth in Berlin.
- Adidas women's range 2009 campaign, with two teams (photographers Julian Broad and Ben Ingham) in Frankfurt, Main, with Ana Ivanovic and others.
- Elle Italy editorial with Luis Sanchis, c/o Shotview in Berlin.
- Navigon campaign shoot with photographer Grégoire Alexandre in Berlin, where the whole navigation picture was built in a film studio.
Other recent clients include Bank Austria, Danske Bank, Siemens, Caritas, Mercedes-Benz, Deutsche Post, Breuninger, Wöhrl, Appelrath & Cüpper, Park Avenue and Vanity Fair.
- post production
Vinx-Media Munich cgi 3d rendering
In collaboration with the Interone agency, Vinx-Media recently completed a large portion of the launch images for the new Mini John Cooper Works.
Beginning by constructing the studio environment, the company moved on to some diverse studio and real life rendering. Some of these images contained a chromaticity and configuration good enough to be used for real.
3D virtualisation was used to show the different materials and also to develop the 'Glass-Minis' in the flash-animated section of the website.
Moving images were used for functional animation purposes in the 'Driving and Safety' section.
Alphadog Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Hamburg-based alphadog was established in 1999 as a high-end postproduction company with integrated 3D unit.
Latest projects include:
- Zaffiri campaign. Photographer: Stefan Armbruster. Agency: Donkey.
- Broadway campaign. Photography and stage management: Bernd Possardt. Agency: Leagas Delaney.
- Süddeutsche Magazin & NZZ. Photographer: Joachim Baldauf.
- Lamborghini. Photographer: Christian Lohfink.
- Lexus studio shot. alphadog (full cgi solution).
- Lucky Strike campaign. Agency: G2.
- Volvo campaign. Photographer: Gulliver Theis. Agency: Spillmann/Felser/Leo Burnett.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
[zerone] cgi is renowned for superb car visualisation, but the Hamburg-based company always pushes the envelope to use cgi technology in other areas of print advertising.
The company recently completed a complex task for Bucherer jewellers. Four images were created showing thousands of magpies outside the company's stores in a selection of cities. The magpies, along with whole sections of the shops, were generated using computer graphics. [zerone] also handled a print campaign for Ford using cgi technology for the creation of background architecture. Both jobs were done in cooperation with Jan Steinhilber.
The German print campaign for the Citroën C5 also made use of the computer to entirely produce the car and background architecture. Photographer Markus Wendler shot the images and took care of lighting the car and the environment, as well as the location design itself.
- equipment rent
ProLightRent Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
Prolightrent, Hamburg's young rental outlet for professional photographic equipment and cameras, is located in the exciting Phoenixhof in Altona.
The company provides well-maintained professional equipment including flash, HMI, and Tungsten lighting, as well as cameras for all types of photo production. Prolightrent can supply equipment any place, any time.
The company supports young photographers and assistants with competitive rates for tests, technical advice and knowledge. The monthly 'Assistant's Meeting' is an opportunity for young professionals to pick up information, share experiences and news, or just meet nice people while enjoying a drink.
Knackscharf Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
Knackscharf (German for pin-sharp) is Hamburg's newest equipment rental studio.
All the usual suspects are present when it comes to lighting and camera gear. Furthermore, Mac-based digital workstations loaded with all the essential programs are also available to rent.
Special items, such as accumulator-based power supplies that make loud generators obsolete, are Knackscharf's speciality. All equipment comes in custom-made flight cases which cater for the special needs of travelling photographers, ensuring equipment arrives safely whether for productions in Hamburg or on the other side of the world.
Be sure to speak to the company when planning a production. All team members have years of industry experience and are adept at coming up with the right idea.
FGV Schmidle Munich lighting/ electrical material
Established in 1972 and with bases in both Munich and Berlin, FGV Schmidle is amongst Germany's finest rental houses for film, digital and TV. The new company headquarters in Munich features a unique production environment with a vast variety of camera, lighting and grip equipment.
The 700m2 studio (12m high) is equipped with motorised green-screen and blue-screen curtains. Three motorised rigs carry equipment or loads of up to two-tonnes each. A 7x14m (23x46 ft) ceiling reflector can be equipped with a translucent foil. The cyclorama is 24x29x11m/79x95x36 ft. Production offices and facilities are all equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
The professional digital photo department carries the latest from Hasselblad, Canon and Nikon, as well as specific photo light formers, generators and equipment from Bacht, Briese, Bron and Profoto.
HMI and Tungsten lighting from Arri and Dedo is available in a variety of wattages. Through code-locked service bays (big enough to drive into with a van) equipment can be picked up or dropped off 24/7.
Petra Wiebe Munich fashion stylists
Petra is a Munich-based stylist with a creative family background - her father was a celebrated interior designer and her sister is a fashion designer. She works on developing fashion concepts and is responsible for catalogue production, backstage management at fashion shows, developing concepts for editorials, and art direction.
Project highlights from this past month:
- Styling and backstage coordination at Susanne Wiebe's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week show.
- Paris story for Faces magazine, with photographer Armelle Bouret.
- Triumph Europa new collection, with photographer Norbert Baeres.
- Editorials with photographers Bernd Bryant and Norbert Hurrle.
- Kaufhof shoot in Lisbon, and backstage coordination at the Kaufhof Fashion Awards in Munich.
- Homewear catalogue shoot in Sardinia and Mauritius.
Avantgarde Model Management Freiburg fashion models
Avantgarde Models was founded in 2001 by Andreas Wagner and represents a select choice of over 500 national and international models, including fashion, commercial and big-size talents. Due to its geographic position in southwest Germany, Avantgarde also deals with clients in France and Switzerland.
Over recent years the agency has worked for major catalogue clients OTTO, METRO, Steilmann, Esprit and Daniel Hechter, well known advertising clients Coca Cola Light, BAT and Swarovski, and respected editorial offices.
Latest news from the agency:
- International model Vilma H recently joined Avantgarde.
- Global players Juliane and Diego will be staying in southern Germany for two months from the end of September.
Contact the company to find out more.
Clear Model Management Munich fashion models
Clear Model Management has the pleasure to introduce the following new models:
- Lana Vladi - shot for Elle, Marie Claire, Surface, Cosmoplitan, and many others.
- Julia Anisimova - the beautiful Russian lives in New York and is on her way to a highly promising career.
- Rex and Donovan Truter - the brothers from South Africa are based between London and Cape Town.
- Alena S - called New York home for a long time, but now lives in Paris.
- Olena Stepaniuk - is also based in Paris.
Globotour Travel Reise-Service Dusseldorf location service and scouts
With over 10 years of experience organising trips for the photo and film industries, Globotour Location and Travel Service has expert knowledge of a wide variety of exceptional locations. The company offers clients a specialised and highly detailed database containing thousands of high-quality images.
According to clients' individual needs and budgeting requirements, Globotour can organise travel arrangements, hotel reservations and transportation, as well as private excursions - from extraordinary safaris to health and wellbeing trips.
Clients include Porsche, Volkswagen, Honda, Studio Pracht, Success, Kai Tietz - Agentur der Photographen, René Schwerdtel and No Toys, amongst many others.
Featured in this Showcase are recent location shots from scout Andreas Koslowski, who has been in the Seychelles, Bahrain and Dubai. Recent jobs include Planeroadstudios in Miami Beach and Mallorca, and Studio Pracht in Miami, New York and Sardinia.
Fillet-of-soul Hamburg catering
The Fillet-of-Soul restaurant sits adjacent to a well known Hamburg art gallery, providing an interesting and dynamic environment for food creativity. Aside from photography, it is the art of cooking which takes centre-stage in the 'Haus der Photographie' inside the Deichtorhallen.
The restaurant defines this art of cooking by taking a creative but relaxed, innovative but not tourist-trendy approach.
The Fillet-of-Soul is also available for photo location bookings or private functions. For further information and photos, visit the website.