showcase magazine Sep 2009germany issue 176
Welcome to the latest Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Film and Photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Max Scheler 's photographic exhitibion "From Konrad A. to Jackie O." in Deichtorhallen from 11 September to 15 November 2009.
- The International Art Fair in Berlin will be taking place from 24 to 27 September 2009.
Our cover image was shot by Alexandra Kinga Fekete.
- photo agents Back to top
Hauser Fotografen Frankfurt photo agents
Latest news form Hauser Fotografen:
- Rui Camilo shot an image book for the city of Wiesbaden through the Cicero agency, Wiesbaden.
- Adrian Samson travelled to Milan to shoot a new Vespa campaign for TBWA.
- Benno Kraehahn shot for Geo.
- New personal work form Paul Ripke, Judith Wagner, Leif Schmodde and K. Handke & C. Neu.
- Norbert Kniat shot Nazan Eckes for Austrian magazine First.
Anja Wiroth Agency Berlin photo agents
Despite the current unpredictable times, the Anja Wiroth Agency has enjoyed shooting numerous campaigns over the past few months:
- People and lifestyle photographer Ina Schoof shot ad campaigns for Enbw and GVS.
- Murat Aslan shot the new Vybemobil campaign, Rapper Sido and the current campaign for long-standing client Deichmann.
- With the 'Lipstick Flying Squadron' Marc Beaussart won silver at the International Photography Awards 2009 in the 'Advertising: Book Cover pro' category.
- Berlin-based rising star, Norman Konrad, shot numerous campaigns, including a Charité Berlin prevention project, Knappschaft and Telekom, as well as editorials and cover shoots for Neon Magazine and Zitty.
- Youngstar Markus Bachmann shot the latest campaign for Radio Berlin.
- Manuel Archain might be THE expert on unusual, extraordinary images, but he proved his skills with "normal" ad shots for client Sony Ericsson.
- New York-based Junichi Ito created a miniature spread for V Mag with prop stylist Angela Campos.
- Stefano Morini shot the new Alfa Romeo Alfa Mito Multiair on location in Barcelona with agency Saffirio Tortelli Vigoriti (STV), Torino, Italy.
- photographers Back to top
Tim Müller Berlin advertising photographers
Berlin-based photographer, Tim Müller, specialises in advertising, lifestyle, reportage and people photography. His trademark style incorporates a particular sense of aesthetic detail, conception and precision. Tim's clients appreciate his extraordinary ability to realise their ideas as well as his organised, structured and efficient working style.
Tim has lived and shot in Cape Town, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Sri Lanka, Namibia and Germany. The results are touching images that show emotions perfectly captured and presented in astonishing detail. This is particularly evident in his reportage work that shows real life without any compositing or retouching.
Tom SÓlo Berlin travel photographers
Tom Sólo is a cosmopolitan photographer who focuses on people, lifestyle, luxury travel and reportage. A multilingual globetrotter with a modern, innovative approach, he is experienced in on-location photography worldwide. Tom has assisted various well known photographers and has a great deal of production experience. Corporate clients appreciate his international feel, all-in-one production capabilities, and on-time delivery.
Tom's portfolio already includes two photo books, both published recently. 'Smilingflyer' is a unique reportage of a round the world trip in a single engine private aircraft, where he flew over 18 countries in 60 days. 'Es Moli d’En Morei' is a luxury estate in Spain where Tom shows his talent for interiors and exteriors.
Tom has realised portrait assignments and celebrity reportage for the likes of Vanity Fair, Monocle, Swiss International Airlines and other magazines.
Based between Berlin and Barcelona, Tom seeks assignments and representation worldwide.
Alex Schwander Photography Frankfurt advertising photographers
Alex Schwander manages to tell short stories within his productions. Employing a pure and simple minimalist style, he concentrates on the essential: the centrally-focused figure or object. He applies this principle to fashion, advertising and editorial photography, whether taken in the studio or on location worldwide.
The Swiss photographer has established his work-life environment in Frankfurt am Main. Advertising, fashion and magazines form his everyday work, but musicians, actors and artists are fond of being portrayed by his unique visual signature. Experimenting with classical portrait photography and modern techniques, Alex produces iridescent-realistic images that have been exhibited to great acclaim on several occasions.
His commercial clients include AXA, BMW, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Post, Evonik, Mitsubishi, Nestlé and Siemens, as well as several fashion brands and publishers.
Alex is currently looking for a representative.
Burkhard Henrichs Dusseldorf advertising photographers
The latest coup of Düsseldorf based fashion and people fotographer Burkhard Henrichs was the highly acclaimed campaign with Germany's Top Model Eva Padberg for Karstadt.
Burkhard has worked over the last two decades both nationally and internationally for an impressive list of fashion clients including: Esprit, Daniel Hechter, H.I.S Jeans, Schiesser, Barbara Schwarzer, Karstadt, Kaufhof, C&A,Ulla Popken,Neckermann,Wehmeyer, Bonita and many more....His advertising clients have included Coca Cola, Motorola, Sony, Ltu, Johnson&Johnson, Lufthansa and many more.
He shoots both studio and outdoor. His huge location library contains a collection of worldwide images, whilst his creativity, attention to detail and reliability all come with a warm smile.
Ralf Zenker Photography Dusseldorf advertising photographers
Self-taught photographer Ralf Zenker was born in Duesseldorf in 1963. He built-up nine years of experience working as an apprentice, photographic assistant, studio manager and photographer with several advertising and fashion photographers before starting his own business in 1992.
In 2008 he opened a new photographic studio in Meerbusch Osterath, near Duesseldorf. He still feels at home in advertising, especially in the fields of lingerie and nude photography. He has also been hired personally for photo shoots by various eminent artists.
Clients include BBDO, Edel Records, E-Plus, Microsoft, Stern.De, Merck Pharma and ATU.
Foto-impulse Christian Wolf Dusseldorf beauty photographers
Christian Wolf is a young photographer, who recently started his own business. He specialises in fashion and beauty photography.
Christian provides his clients a complete high-end digital workflow including full beauty retouching, colour correction and compositing.
At the moment he works with young fashion designers from Berlin.
Christian Wolf is currently looking for German and international representation.
Sabine Duerichen Munich advertising photographers
Latest work from Sabine Duerichen:
- Miami fashion editorial on South Beach.
- Chicco spring/summer Italian baby catalogue.
- C&A Kids autumn flyer and C&A Oktoberfest special
- Personal work 'Oktoberfest'
And she has just opened the brand new SKYLOFT Rental Studio in Munich.
Frank Riederle Munich beauty photographers
Frank Riederle is known as 'the artist' amongst his fellow professional photographers. Aesthetics and elegance are found in his pictures where an eye for detail always impresses the critics. Fashion photography in bizarre settings and in his spacious antique studio are his unique speciality.
In 2008, he won the much coveted International Portrait Award in the newcomer category. A year later, he was engaged as one of the few live shooting photographers at Nikon Solutions 2009. Frank has also been assigned as an instructor for Profoto and Nikon.
- photo production Back to top
Berlin Production Services Berlin photo production
Berlin Production Services offers full production services from Berlin to Cape Town. Berlin offers excellent locations: from the retro to the ultra-modern, and from the conventional to the unconventional, the city has it all.
With clients including Ferrari Magazine, Sommermann Mode and Wad Magazine, the company works in all areas of the photographic industry, from editorials and advertising campaigns to car shoots.
With vast experience in still productions and location scouting, not to mention casting, Berlin Production Services has the ability to turn ideas into reality.
Recent work included a street wear story for Wad Magazine shot by Nick & Chloé at Tempelhof Airport in preparation for the Bread & Butter trade show, as well as a classic fashion story for Sommerman Mode shot on the streets of Berlin and at high-class restaurant, MA. Nick & Chloé also completed a fascinating fashion shoot in an abandoned swimming pool.
- film production Back to top
MEDIATURNS Hamburg commercials production
MEDIATURNS is a creative design studio with expertise covering a wide range of media, including TV, film, commercials, design, internet and photography.
MEDIATURNS has worked with renowned clients such as ZDF, Commerzbank, Swarovski, Procter & Gamble Cosmetics, Bertelsmann, L'Oréal and Mercedes-Benz.
- film post production Back to top
LIGA_01 COMPUTERFILM, Hamburg and Munich Munich CGI & 3D
Latest work from LIGA_01:
- The on-air design for German TV station ProSieben has been completely revamped. With image trailers and commercial separators, its design is now characterised by the most extraordinary ideas and spectacular effects that show the popular stars of ProSieben in an unusual manner: Stefan Raab braves a horde of football players who crumble into dust during a tackle; supermodel Heidi Klum presents a different kind of haute couture - on closer inspection her evening gown turns out to be a shoal of fish; and Aiman Abdallah brings spacey jellyfish to life.
- The famous football show RAN on German free TV Sat.1 is back, and LIGA_01 obtained the contract to produce the visual effects for the new opening segment which is now full of energy and exciting football scenes - just like a good game should be!
- photo post production Back to top
alphadog Hamburg creative post production
Latest projects from alphadog:
- Nestea Swirl "Enjoy the combination of tea, water and fruit." Photographer: Christian Lohfink. Agency: McCann Düsseldorf. Retouching and design: alphadog.
- Panasonic Home AV. Photographer: Philipp Rathmer. Agency: Bethmann Design. Retouching and design: alphadog.
- Eva Padberg - Editorial range for OK! Magazine. Photographer: Christoph Loeb. Retouching and design: alphadog. Location: Barcelona.
- Queensberry - Editorial campaign for OK! Magazine. Photographer: Philipp Rathmer. Retouching and design: alphadog.
- ZDF - "Bilder die berühren." alphadog created a specialist skin advertising campaign in cooperation with the Kolle Rebbe agency. The challenge was to create goosebumps to communicate a highly emotive feeling. Photographer: Götz Göppert.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Latest work from [zerone] cgi:
- Photographer Emir Haveric and draft fcb, in collaboration with [zerone] cgi, worked on the new Audi Q7 campaign. Emir shot the car in-studio and parts were later rendered and composed onto the finished photograph. The background was entirely created with computer graphics.
- For the Citroën C3 Picasso campaign, [zerone] cgi with Markus Wendler completed seven studio renderings that have been used by Euro RSCG Dusseldorf in a range of ad campaigns.
- Markus Wendler and [zerone] cgi were also assigned to work on three CGI images for the Skoda Octavia Scout through agency Leagas Delany, Hamburg.
Since August [zerone] has been providing 2D and 3D services in Dusseldorf. Alongside New York and Hamburg, it is the third location in which the renowned international company has made its base.
retouched - fba Hamburg creative post production
retouched is a new post production company specialising in fashion and beauty retouching for magazines and advertising. Clients include Vogue UK, TUSH Magazine, ElleRussia, GlamourRussia, ElleGermany, Amica Germany, Zink Mag, Wig Mag, JOOP! Eyewear, Eucerin, Gore-Tex, and many more.
The principal aim of retouched is to keep pictures natural and alive, supporting the human face of models yet giving fashion and beauty pictures a modern and subtle look. Along with the photographer, the retouched team considers itself a natural partner in the creative process, bringing experience in developing looks with a passion for beautiful hair and skin tones.
- styling, hair, makeup Back to top
Petra Wiebe Munich fashion stylists
Petra Wiebe is a Munich-based stylist with a creative background. She began her career as a window designer, eventually becoming a stylist with responsibility for developing fashion and editorial concepts, catalogue productions, backstage fashion show management and art direction.
Latest jobs and recent projects include:
- Editorial 'Star in Berlin' with photographer Norbert Baeres. Hair and make-up: Norbert Cheminel. Model: Daria, MD Management.
- Beauty editorials ' Rhinestones' and 'The Net' with photographer Bernd Bryant. Hair and make-up: Norbert Cheminel.
- Styling, concept and backstage coordination at Susanne Wiebe's Audi Fashion Week show at Berlin's legendary China Club. Show models from Visage Zurich.
- Fashion and show styling in front of the camera for MunichTV show 'Fashion Cocktail'.
- Advertising shoots in Zurich with photographers Esad Cicic and Patrizio di Renzo.
- Christmas shoot for Kaufhof with photographer Torsten Ruppert in the Alps.
- Lingerie catalogue with photographer Barbara Maurer in Munich.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Elbmodels Hamburg senior models
"elbmodels goes south!" From this September, elbmodels will have a second office in Munich. Located in the heart of the city, the company will be offering the usual premium quality service and improved options for southern German customers.
Over the summer, the agency successfully extended its customer base with some great jobs with Lufthansa, NKL, Deutsche BKK, Brigitte Woman, Bayer, DPD, Kuoni, Tchibo and Zurich Versicherungen, among others.
The agency has added some fantastic new faces to its portfolio which, as usual, can be seen online on the company's website.
Grüneberg Casting Berlin casting agencies
Located in the centre of Berlin, Grüneberg Casting agency has set its focus on personality, representing models of all ages and every format. New, exciting faces are always in great demand.
In addition to a well-cared-for client file, the agency offers targeted street castings, particularly as the Berlin metropolis - with its great variety of faces - presents a real locational advantage.
Since its foundation in 2008, Grüneberg Cast has quickly become a trusted partner to the media industry and has placed a large number of models. A selection of faces can be viewed online. Customised Sed-cards are provided on request, and the agency will also take on casting coordination and video shoots.
- equipment rent Back to top
711 rent Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
711 rent is one of the leading professional photography equipment rental companies, supporting productions worldwide with lighting, grip and camera equipment.
The company's well maintained gear includes Profoto, Broncolor, Briese, Arri, Kino, Flo, Hasselblad, Phase One, Canon and more, and can be picked up from any of its European branches in Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
711 also offers "ready to fly" packed equipment complete with customs papers and ready to send to locations worldwide.
A 24/7 service from expert staff supports clients wherever they are in the world.
Knackscharf Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
Some of the latest additions to the Knackscharf portfolio:
- The new Phase One P65+ for Contax 645. 60.5 mega pixels, a lens factor of 1.0 and a dynamic range of 12.5 f-stops.
- Creating beautiful hard light is perfectly achieved using Knackscharf's Profoto Fresnel Spots by Bacht, with either a 175mm or 250mm lens.
- Shooting on location can almost feel like working in the studio with the new MacBook Pro 17", coming with a mat display, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 500 GB HD, 4 GB Ram and a NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT. Knackscharf also provides long lasting and easy-to-use external batteries.
Knacksharf moved to a new location Grindelhof 48-50. Visit their website to check out the full equipment range, create instant estimates or contact its staff for advice.
- rental studios Back to top
Spannwerk Studio Munich rental studios
Spannwerk Studio has been offering professional services in Munich since the beginning of 2009. Its unique location and distinctive ambiance has already attracted numerous clients, including Madame, Pro 7, Joy, OK! Verlag, Jolie, James Morrison and Sony BMG, amongst many others.
The studios provide high levels of comfort and all the technical specifications to guarantee a professional photo, film or video shoot. If required, clients can rent all camera and lighting equipment in-house, and the studio team will also arrange and provide a full range of catering options.