showcase germany issue 270 Apr 2011Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Film and Photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- The 45th edition of Art Cologne, 13-17 April.
- ADC Festival in Frankfurt 4-8 May.
- DMY International Design Festival Berlin, 1-5 June.
- photo agents
Agentur Neubauer Munich photo agents
Agentur Neubauer recently added Netherlands-based photographer Andy Tan to its roster. Andy has an amazing portfolio of fashion, advertising and nude photography to his name, and his images are young, strong and authentic, sometimes sexy without being trashy.
Latest work from Agentur Neubauer photographers:
- Bernd Opitz - Rewe, C&A, Rolf Benz, Glashäger, Lichtenauer and Hella.
- Sandra Seckinger - New personal film project 'Vorhang Auf!'
- Barbara Bonisolli - McDonald's, Knorr and SZ Magazine.
- Myrzik&Jarisch - Audi Technik Magazine, Siemens and Bosch.
- Matthias Ziegler - Deutsche Bank and Fresenius.
- Michael Munique - Hype Magazine, Esprit and Eterna.
- Keith Schofield - Karstadt and Strauß.
Tim Müller Berlin advertising photographers
Lifestyle and people photographer Tim Müller is based in Berlin. He has worked for a range of advertising clients including McDonald's, Dallmayr Kaffee, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, E.ON, RWE, IO Espresso, P&G, and many others.
Tim's shoots "come alive” thanks to a unique ability to inspire and energise his environment and capture the resulting emotion in his pictures.
Visit his recently updated website to view Tim's portfolio or get in touch on +49 176 22033818.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Latest work from baby and kids specialist Sabine Dürichen:
- Conleys spring/summer 2011.
- Design from France.
- Lisette Pour Filles.
- Kitzberg fashion folder.
- LEGO advertising campaign.
Visit her website for more information.
Deniz Saylan Stuttgart advertising photographers
International people, portrait and advertising photographer Deniz Saylan is based in Stuttgart and London.
Shooting around the world for major clients, he recently photographed retired chancellor Gerhard Schröder for Die Zeit, Nissan, Renault and Infiniti CEO Carlos Ghosn in Tokyo in December for Adeyaka Magazine, Bogner Accessoires and Bogner Leather summer 2011 image brochure, and a new campaign for Zeiss Meditec. His latest work was for Lamborghini Automobili SA shooting the brand new Aventador in Sant'Agata, Italy.
Deniz won the BFF Silver Award 2011 for his 'Infinity FX50' production and shot 16 motifs for the new Mercedes-Benz brand book welcome package.
Deniz is currently looking for an agent in London. Visit his website for more information.
Tom Nagy Hamburg people & lifestyle photographers
Tom Nagy spent two weeks in Rome shooting a great photo essay for a special edition of GEO Magazine. Armed with ladders, cameras and his assistant, he took a taxi ride through the city and photographed the same locations up to five times to catch the best light. Each building featured represents a particular period from over 2500 years of history.
Commissioned by Goodby Siverstein and Partners, Tom shot two motifs for Adobe. 70 extras and a large team - including a CGI operator - helped to create this extraordinary image. The second motif will be featured in a future Showcase.
For Euro RSCG Paris Tom photographed five motifs for Oseo in Paris and London. He is currently working on a range of motifs for HSBC private banking, an additional motif for an ongoing campaign for Zurich Insurance, and a display for Samsung.
Check out his relaunched website with new categories and a stock section with more than 500 images.
Kai Arndt Munich advertising photographers
Kai Arndt is a still life and industrial photographer who works out of his own studio in Munich.
His working method always includes a technical review of his images that comprises first rate retouching. Kai works across the German-speaking region for magazines, agencies and direct clients, specialising in high-quality product, industrial, hotel, catalogue, jewellery, perfume and architectural photography. His team is on hand to handle the creative process, from initial concept through to final print.
Featured in this Showcase is a selection of Kai's exquisite jewellery work.
Visit his website for more information.
Neda Rajabi Berlin advertising photographers
Neda Rajabi is a young Berlin-based photographer and product designer. She specialises in advertising, fashion and people photography.
As a designer, she is capable of not only delivering pictures but also working out graphic design solutions and concepts. Her clients can receive pictures embedded in customised lookbooks or brochures.
Clients include le Superflu (jewellery), City of Hanover (Freiwillige Feuerwehr), The Draft Mag and Modelmanagement, among others.
Check out her website for more info.
- photo production
Claas Cropp Creative Productions Berlin photo production
Berlin-based Claas Cropp Creative Productions is a full service production company with experience in all areas of still photo production, location scouting and casting. Recent productions include:
- Joop! S/S 2011 campaign with photographer Glen Luchford in Berlin.
- DB Schenker campaign with photographer Thomas Schwoerer throughout Germany.
- Canon EF lens campaign shot by Sesse Lind in Barcelona and Montreux.
- Zurich Insurance campaign motifs shot by Fergus Padel in Berlin.
- Me & City Chinese fashion label campaign shot by Kristian Schuller in Berlin.
- Apollinaris testimonial campaign with Kajetan Kandler in Berlin.
- E.ON campaign with Fergus Padel in Berlin.
Other clients include brands such as Louis Vuitton, Brioni, Lacoste, Nike, Adidas, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Philips, Procter & Gamble, Siemens, BASF, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Ergo and ING-DiBa, and photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Daniel Jackson, Martin Schoeller, Roxanne Lowit, Esther Haase, Joachim Baldauf, Luis Sanchis, Ralph Mecke, Uwe Düttmann, Peter Funch and Wim Wenders.
LUNIK Berlin photo production
Lunik is a full service photo production company for domestic and international shoots.
Recent clients include:
- Reebok ZigTech S/S11 campaign: Alexander Ovechkin (Washington DC) / Dhoni & Singh (Mumbai) / Iker Casillas (Madrid) / Lewis Hamilton (Zurich) / Amir Khan (LA).
- Deutsche Telekom 'Entertain' shoot with Christoph Waltz (Berlin) / 'Mobile TV' campaign (Berlin) / 'Das Erleben Experiment' (Hamburg).
- BMW 'Marathon' shoot in Berlin and Frankfurt.
- Reebok EasyTone F/W11 campaign LA shoot / S/S11 campaign in Cape Town / F/W11 print campaign with several shoots in NYC, Miami and Berlin.
- Entega pool shoot 'Business-Referenzen' / 1.FSV Mainz 05, Resopal, Loop5.
- Rammstein press campaign shoot in New York City.
Recent photographers include Marc Hom, Valerie Phillips, Oliver Helbig, Felix Larher, Tom van Heel, Oliver Gast, P.R. Brown, Ruud Baan and Malte Braun.
Bigshrimp Berlin Hamburg photo production
bigshrimp full service offers production, casting, location and studio work from the very first call to the final perfection. Since 1998, bigshrimp has been working with sustained success between Hamburg and Berlin for national and international photographers, agencies and industrial clients. Latest projects include:
- Jaap Vliegenthart c/o UNIT cma shot for Statoil in Stuttgart and on the coast of Rügen.
- Ruud Baan c/o Witman Kleipool shot Ruud van Nistelrooy for C1000 'Stars of Dutch Football' on location in Hamburg.
- Gregor Collienne c/o Birgit Stöver shot for Hermes in Hamburg.
- Yves Borgwardt c/o Banrap for Style and The Family Tunes in Berlin.
- Patrick Houi c/o Young Division for Style and The Family Tunes in Berlin
Clients include Tchibo, VW, Vilsa and Haspa. Photographers include Hans Starck, Florian Geiss, Carsten Heidmann and Rene Neumann.
Recent projects completed in the bigshrimp Berlin studios include Pheline Roggan shot by Joachim Baldauf for Qvest, Stefan Heinrichs for GQ Style, Martin Müller for Y3, Mierswa-Kluska for Christ Beauty, Gerhard Linnekogel for Christ, Thomas Rusch for fleurop, Marcus Jans for Vogue, Ellen von Unwerth, Christian Anwander, and many more.
- film production
Nasty Little Girl Films Dusseldorf commercials production
Nasty Little Girl Films was established at the end of 2009. Based in Dusseldorf, the company sees itself primarily as a small, yet innovative commercial production specialist that pays great attention to the finer details of a shoot.
The goal is to turn every board into a great movie. Collaborating closely with clients and agencies alike, Nasty Little Girl Films is proud of its shooting philosophy. As a result, and in a relatively short period of time, the company has produced a fine range of films. Focusing on producing high quality work, the company benefits from the many years experience of its producers to realise outstanding films for the likes of Saatchi & Saatchi and TBWA.
Visit the website for more information.
Neue Sentimental Film Hamburg GmbH Hamburg commercials production
Located in an old piano factory in the centre of the Schanze, Neue Sentimental Film Hamburg is one of the European leaders in the advertising film production sector. It boasts a team of employees linked by the same values, talents and spirit characterised by their trust in a successful company.
Neue Sentimental Film specialises in food and beauty, but handles all types of production.
Latest work includes:
- Warsteiner 'Vitalisierend' 2011. Client: Warsteiner Brauerei Haus Cramer KG.
- Dove 'Porcelain' 2010. Client: Unilever London.
- Real 'Frischegarantie' 2011. Client: Real - SB Warenhaus GmbH.
- Campina 'Frau Antje Butterland' 2010. Client: Campina Friesland.
- Oetker 'Black Beauty' 2009. Client: Dr. August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG.
- Wella "Masters Touch - Care" 2010, client: Procter & Gamble
- film post production
PICTORION das werk GmbH Berlin 2D Compositing
PICTORION das werk Hamburg has moved to a new location near to the Elbe river, an even more central spot with a beautiful view of Hamburg's Nordic waterfront and famous 'Fischmarkt'. The company recently updated its technical equipment with a new colour grading Mac Resolve system, meaning grading artists from the Berlin office are now also available for work in Hamburg.
PICTORION das werk Hamburg, Große Elbstrasse 145 a, 22767 Hamburg. Tel.: 040 85351 -0. Fax.: 040 85351 -111. Email.
PICTORION Magma Animation GmbH has a new name and a new location. Studio Rakete is now based in the central district of Hamburg Altona. Working as a co-production and service studio across 2D and 3D animated feature films, TV series and commercials, since 2010 it has also been working in Stereo 3D. The studio is currently working on the highly anticipated 'Legends of Valhalla - Thor.'
Heiko Merten Berlin dop
With a strong interest in people, places and techniques, as well as a passion for moving images, Heiko Merten works for television and feature films, documentaries and corporate communication. His clients include Audi, Coca-Cola and Telekom.
Through his varied experiences as a cameraman and cinematographer, he brings high quality capabilities to every shoot. In March he directed the Insight Out 2011 'High End Digital Cinema' workshop. The aim was to shoot a scene with three different types of camera and to test how they compared under real shooting conditions.
Heiko is a member of the German Society of Cinematographers (BVK).
- styling, hair, makeup
Petra Wiebe Munich fashion stylists
Petra Wiebe is a Munich-based stylist who has a creative family background: her father was an interior designer and her sister is a celebrated fashion designer. Petra works on developing fashion concepts and is responsible for catalogue production, backstage management at fashion shows, developing concepts for editorials and art direction for a number of top clients.
Recent projects include:
- Editorial 'Nuvite' for Cocoon Magazine with model Val from AM Management, shot by Andreas Ortner with hair and make-up by Norbert Cheminel.
- Editorial 'Colourflash' for Swiss Air Magazine and Cocoon Magazine in the Maldives with model Gabriela Iliescu (Major Models), shot by Michael Munique.
- Editorial 'The Twist of Bruno Santos' for Cocoon Magazine, shot by Andreas Ortner. Bruno is a top Brazilian model from the Visage agency, Zurich.
- Editorial 'Venice Lover' with Bruno Santos and Anouk Manser (Visage) for Cocoon Magazine in Venice, shot by Norbert Bäres.
- Editorial 'Must Haves' for Cocoon Magazine shot by Holger Eckstein with model Maria Mazikova (Major Models). Hair and make-up by Dirk Neuhöfer.
Petra's very latest projects include: Karstadt with photographer Torsten Rupert; BMW with car photographer Ivo von Renner; fashion trend show shoot for PKZ/Feldpausch in Zurich; cover and editorial for German Emotion with Hannelore Elsner, shot by Sammy Hart; lookbook for designer Susanne Wiebe, shot by Bernd Bryant.
- cgi 3d rendering
alphadog Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Latest projects from alphadog:
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class T model. Photographer: Frederic Streicher. Case Study.
- Audi A8. Photographer: Frederic Streicher. Case Study.
- Audi A7. Photographer: He & Me - Heckl & Mennemann. Case Study.
- Vaillant. Full CG-project. Agency: Kemper Trautmann.
- 2x Schweppes. Full CG-project. Agency: Red Rabbit.
- Prämienstore. Full CG-project. Agency: McCann HH. Client: IHG.
- Anuga Lady. Full CG-project. Agency: Argonauten G2 HH.
- Schwenk Dachboden. Full CG-project. Agency: Rosenbauer Solbach.
- Jacobs. Photographer: Christian Lohfink. Agency: JWT Warsaw.
- Anuga Lady. Full CG-project. Agency: Argonauten G2 HH.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Latest work from [zerone] /cgi:
- Renault Bose-Edition, photographed by Markus Wendler. [zerone] modeled and rendered the musical instruments and constructed the entire image processing.
- Boxster Black Edition. [zerone] worked with Jan Steinhilber on studio pictures and Simon Puschmann on location motifs. In addition to the catalogue, the company also produced all the images for the Cayman and 911 Black Edition catalogues.
- Two Ford motifs were shot with photographer Rene Clohse.
- post production
retouched - fba Hamburg creative post production
Over the past three years, Hamburg-based retouched has become an established address for post production, specialising in beauty and fashion photography.
The company recently completed commissions for Flair Austria, Grazia Italy and Germany, Harper's Bazaar Hong Kong, Annabelle Switzerland, Myself Germany, Zalando Magazine, and a Triumph PR in German Glamour, as well as campaigns for brands including Schwarzkopf, BOSS and Esprit (both coordinated from Picturepark Studios, Hamburg), Rich&Royal and AmbacherVidic.
Daniel Steinbrück, founder of retouched, collaborates closely with agencies and photographers to achieve a creative look, using a contemporary and natural approach to translate ideas from raw files. The company constantly strives to be the most natural beauty and fashion post production company on the market. The retouched 'before and after' experience has a consistent 'wow' factor and can be admired in selected images on the website.
retouched has added to its staff and launched a new blog and Facebook page, providing additional platforms to regularly present new work and publications.
- rental studios
Blood Orange East Berlin rental studios photo
Blood Orange East is a new studio space for film, photography and visual arts. The studio has over 200 m² of unobstructed shooting space, a two-wall seamless cyclorama, 7 m high ceilings with lighting grid, and a 250-amp power connection suitable for the most demanding projects.
The workspace is supported by a make-up and dressing area, lounge and fully equipped kitchen. There is also a separate Green Room with toilet and shower and a large private garden overlooking a communal courtyard.
Whether it is for film, commercials, music videos or photography, Blood Orange East is dedicated to the realisation of every clients' creative vision.
- equipment rent
711rent Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
Latest additions to the 711rent Hamburg range:
- Profoto ProDaylight 800Air HMI compatible with most of Profoto's wide range of lightformers.
- Arri M18 highest light output thanks to the award-winning Arrimax reflector design.
- Phase One camera system. Seamless integration of lens, body and digital back, all controlled by the best raw converter software on the market.
- 300 mm diameter Fresnel Spots.
- Scotty 2 battery powered fog machine.
Visit the website for more information.