showcase magazine Jun 2011germany issue 288
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Film and Photo directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Berlin Fashion Week 6th - 9th July at the Brandenburg Gate.
- Bread & Butter Berlin 6th - 8th July at Berlin's Tempelhof Airport.
Our cover image was shot by Mika Ceron.
- cgi 3d rendering Back to top
alphadog Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Latest projects from alphadog include:
- Motive and stills for Schweppes. Agency: Interone. Photographer: Christian Lohfink.
- Immonet. Agency: Freunde des Hauses. Photographer: Sven Glage.
- 'Skidmark' alphadog in-house advertising case study, full cg.
- Stage entertainment (Tarzan musical). Agency: Neue Monarchie. Photographer: Detlev Overmann.
- Location rendering (industrial hall) alphadog case study, full cg.
- Anaglyph image (Wella and Garnier) alphadog case study, full cg.
- Lucky movie alphadog case study, full cg.
- Blackberry alphadog case study, full cg.
- Unicef 'Pro Aging' film. Agency: Serviceplan. Full cg.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Recent work from [zerone] cgi:
- In collaboration with Ogilvy Moscow and photographer Christian Stoll, [zerone] completed retouching and rendering for a Smirnov Vodka campaign.
- Photographer Blinkk shot the new Golf Cabrio catalogue, with 2D and 3D post production completed by [zerone] cgi.
- RedCell created a new campaign for Fidelity International with [zerone] supplying complete modelling, rendering and retouching of the Terracotta Warriors shown in the campaign.
Visit the website for more information.
Dosch Design Marktheidenfeld cgi 3d rendering
Dosch Design has developed a large range of 3D models especially for use with Photoshop that provide clients with the scope to fully realise their designs. The company has worked to support developments in picture editing, reacting with the market launch of is collection of 3D models. “With our long history of developing computer graphic products for professional 3D users, we are happy to make our expertise available to Photoshop users,” says Sebastian Dosch, CEO at Dosch Design.
Whether virtual vehicles, buildings, consumer durables or every-day objects, all 3D models have an excellent high-end render quality and can be changed to suit all wishes: scaling, rotating, positioning, illuminating - with the highest degree of flexibility, the user has complete freedom of action. Photographers, for example, can insert the models from Dosch Design directly into their photographed backgrounds.
The company's 3D Photoshop models have been designed specifically for photographers, packaging designers, illustrators, graphic designers or motion designers; indeed, anyone needing to work professionally with Photoshop and who wishes to enrich their designs with top quality 3D models. A free taster can be downloaded directly from Dosch's website.
Vinx-Media Munich cgi 3d rendering
Latest work from VINX:
- Chiemsee-Brezn. VINX completed 3D work on this image for agency Heye+Partner, who also handled post production.
- Daimler Parfum. The ad and web banner were produced for Daimler together with BBDO Proximity. Photographer Markus Meuthen was responsible for creative supervision.
- Kneipp. 3D work and post production for this creative artwork was produced for the agency thinknewgroup in Munich.
Visit the website for more information.
- film production Back to top
V8FILMS.COM Berlin corporate film production
Berlin-based V8FILMS.COM has been producing advertising films and corporate documentaries for over 11 years. Offering full production services, clients include Nike, Lufthansa, MTV, Adidas, WWF, Eastpak, Sony, Amnesty International, VISA, and many more.
Latest projects include the Guerilla WWF Tiger beaming all across Europe.
Visit the company's brand new website for more information.
- photo agents Back to top
Marion Eckhardt Photographers Hamburg photo agents
Hamburg and Paris-based photographer Götz Göppert is a new addition to Marion Eckhardt Photographers. Götz shoots beauty, skin, portrait, fashion and landscapes with clients including Nivea for Men, ELBEO, Nur Die, ZDF, DAK, Triumph and Jean d`Éstrées. His personal work featured in this Showcase includes a portrait of model Viktoria Bobrikova c/o Angels, with hair and make-up provided by Peggy Valor c/o Mod's Hair. His other featured image shows model Anna, also from Angels.
Cologne-based photographer Stephan Pick is another new addition. He shoots people and specialises in celebrities such as Sylvie van der Vaart, featured in this Showcase and shot for Bunte magazine. Stephan's clients include German TV channels RTL, PRO Sieben and SAT1, Deutsche Bahn, Braun, PETA, Rimowa and consumer magazines Bunte, Gala and Stern.
New York-based Mike Ruiz recently shot supermodel Iman for Rouge Magazine. New York-based photographer Bruce Soyez-Bernard also shot a test with model Anna Hudson. Valéry Kloubert shot a new campaign for Randstad with the theme "The best thing about a job is leisure time". He also shot for Hornbach Magazine and DKMS (German Bone Marrow Donor Centre). Vienna-based photographer Wolfgang Pohn shot his first campaign for Wolford, after having previously photographed consumer packaging and a lookbook. His second featured image is a personal Polaroid work.
- photographers Back to top
Christoph Siegert Hamburg people & lifestyle photographers
Photographer Christoph Siegert took off for Florida where he photographed a new project “American Diner”. The cool lifestyle motives were produced in an iconic diner in Miami and shot during normal business hours, contributing to the easygoing and authentic atmosphere.
For Stiftung Mensch’s new location in Brunsbüttel, Christoph combined staged photography with ‘real’ employees to illustrate the company’s values in an authentic way.
Under the title ‘The most handsome men in the world’, the Deichtorhallen exhibited “Dream Men” during Museum Night, featuring 50 star photographers and their interpretations of the ideal man. Christoph staged male visitors in a live photo shoot, with portraits characterised by strong contrasts and light definition.
Together with the Hamburg advertising agency Conrad Gley Thieme, Christoph completed a POS film for Le Gruyère AOC featuring films and photos of landscapes in Gruyère as well as in a cheese factory.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Latest photo work from Munich-based kids specialist Sabine Duerichen:
- Adidas Teens shoot 2012.
- Babies Art Magazine 2011.
- Buscopan Plus advertising campaign, produced in Sabine's rental studio.
- Black and white artwork.
Visit her website for more information.
Deniz Saylan Stuttgart advertising photographers
International people, portrait, car and advertising photographer Deniz Saylan is based in London and Stuttgart.
Shooting around the world for major clients, he recently photographed:
- Daimler Golden G-Class for its 33rd anniversary.
- Musicians for Maybach at the Cannes Festival, including Aloe Blacc, Kanye West and Quincy Jones.
- Men's made-to-measure designer Ploug's new fashion line for women.
- A new F/W brochure for Bogner Leather.
- Annual group picture for the Mahler Chamber Orchester on location at Teatro Nouvo in Ferrara, Italy.
Visit his website for more information.
Christian Thomas Berlin advertising photographers
Christian Thomas is based in his hometown of Berlin, from where he has worked professionally for over 20 years. He regularly travels around the world, shooting in locations as diverse as Seville and Los Angeles.
He focuses mainly on portraiture, which he succinctly describes as "the attempt to capture people how they really are." Instead of generating a concept in advance, Christian feels most comfortable working in the moment, letting the small realities of life speak through his imagery as a shoot unfolds. Although he enjoys studio work he prefers shooting on location where he can create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere on set.
When not working on portraits, Christian concentrates on people and car photography, producing work for agencies that furthers his natural, flexible and fresh approach.
Clients include AmExMagazin, AirBerlin, BVG, Citroën, IMG, MAN, Marriott, Peugeot, Steigenberger, Vattenfall and Visa, amongst others. Over the years he has curated several highly acclaimed exhibitions of his work and also won the Canon Professional Photo Award.
Markus Altmann Berlin advertising photographers
Berlin advertising photographer Markus Altmann had the chance to spend some time in the world's largest fly-in community, Spruce Creek, portraying flying enthusiasts who live with their planes (and who can literally take off right from their doorsteps!).
For Mercedes-Benz Magazine Markus shot a feature about dream roads - driving over the San Gotthard Pass in the Alps.
Markus specialises in people, portrait, automotive and landscape photography with an authentic, editorial style. He is represented by Kombinatrotweiss. His clients include Allianz, Continental, E.on, Mercedes, Siemens and Volkswagen.
Blue Studios Hanover + Hamburg advertising photographers
Innovative and high-class: the Blue Studios of Dieter Sieg and Volker Warning have been taking photographs for more than 15 years across all genres, including advertising, cars, interior and exterior, people and lifestyle, food and drink. From their Hanover and Hamburg studios, as well as in carefully selected locations, the pair creates in close collaboration with clients new visual languages that have been precisely aligned with their products - from realistic-clear and technical-informative to elaborately styled and Zeitgeist-compatible.
Clients include Volkswagen, Continental, Claas, Einbecker, Reifen.com, Vergölst, Sennheiser, Bosch Rexroth, Akzo Nobel, KWS, BREE and Blohm & Voss. The company's photos are used in ads, brochures, posters, catalogues, books, the general press and websites.
Blue Studios works together with nine employees and many freelancers for advertising agencies and direct clients. Next to classic photography the company has expanded its line of work to computer generated depiction technologies and the production and post production of industry and image films.
Manuel Krug Berlin portrait photographers
Berlin-based freelance photographer Manuel Krug works in Germany and all over Europe. His main subjects are portraiture and people photography.
His portraits of actors, designers and writers have been published in magazines including A&W, Brigitte Woman, Handelsblatt, and many more.
Manuel recently discovered his love for food photography. He shot nearly 100 images for a cookbook by Rowohlt Verlag titled 'Ganz & Einfach, tempofrei kochen“.
His food images rely on minimal styling, with this natural approach continuing throughout his portraiture work.
Kai Arndt Munich advertising photographers
Kai Arndt is a still life and industrial photographer who works out of his own studio in Munich. His working method always includes a technical review of his images that comprises first-rate retouching.
Kai works across the German-speaking region for magazines, agencies and direct clients, specialising in high-quality product, industrial, hotel, catalogue, jewellery, perfume and architectural photography. His team is on-hand to handle the creative process, from initial concept through to final print.
Featured in this Showcase is a selection of Kai's exquisite jewellery work.
Visit his website for more information.
Frank Linders Stuttgart people & lifestyle photographers
Frank Linders will soon launch his brand new website. Featured in this Showcase is a different aspect of Frank's photography: when a job is done and everybody is happy, Frank takes pictures of his best pal.
More than a decade ago, the pair began their teamwork and have developed a really special kind of relationship. Even though they loathe each other, neither can be without the other for very long.
Take a look on his new website and purchase a photograph of/by Frank and his best friends.
Theodore Samuels Berlin advertising photographers
Born in Portland, Jamaica, Theodore Samuels has since lived in many places, from Panama to Vermont and now his current home, Brooklyn, New York.
Theodore's dad first introduced him to photography, and as he got more experience with the camera he began to explore bigger and more creative ideas with the hope that one would land him a job at an advertising firm. Plotting his career in photography, he refined his skills at Radford University with a major in advertising and a minor in fine arts photography. After college he enrolled into the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for fashion and commercial photography.
After completing art school he moved to the Empire State where he assisted and worked alongside some of the top photographers in NYC.
Clients include Red Stripe Beer, Steuben Glass, Judith Leiber, New York Palace Hotel, Surrey Hotel, Artful Dodgers, Tamlin and the Falls, Verterra, Cambridge Members, Ripley’s Believe it or Not, Daryl K, Cock Pit, Members Only, Amber Patton, Davler Media and Ocean Drive.
- photo production Back to top
bigshrimp Berlin + Hamburg photo production
bigshrimps's latest Berlin studio projects and clients include:
- Fräulein Magazine.
- TUSH Magazine.
- Material Girl.
- Style and the family tunes.
- QVEST Magazine.
- Vogue Germany.
- Quality Magazine.
Visit the website for more information.
beyond fotomedia Munich photo production
Beyond takes pictures further, whether shooting on assignment or for its own stock collection in Munich and across southern Germany. Delivering projects on time, on budget and hassle-free, the company's experienced team offers a wide range of production services, including casting, location scouting and the usual shoot support. Friendly and easy-going, but smart, efficient and professional, Beyond manages all sizes of production.
The company recently managed a complex shoot for Deutsche Telekom through Saatchi & Saatchi. With a cast of 25, the production took place inside Munich’s Allianz Arena during an FC Bayern match watched by 70,000 fans.
Additionally, Beyond consults with corporate and publishing clients to help them get the most from their photography, producing and managing branded libraries with in-house art directors sourcing and shooting stylish images that go beyond expectations.
Visit the company’s website for more information, or contact them on +49 89 4613 3690 (Munich) or +44 20 8940 8760 (London).
- digital capture Back to top
Digirox Berlin digital capture
Berlin-based Digirox provides high-end digital support, earning an excellent reputation throughout the industry as more and more photographers worldwide rely on the company's highly skilled operators and its state-of-the-art equipment.
Standard for every kit are 17" MacBookPro Quadcore computers, with each DigiOp carrying a 15" MacBookPro Quadcore as backup, as well as an iPad - a fantastic tool for instant preview and editing whilst shooting.
Latest productions include:
- Manhattan Cosmetics shot by Esther Haase in Hamburg.
- New Yorker spring 2011 shot in Tenriffe by Sam Bisso and Esther Haase.
- Advertising for TUI with Jogi Löw in Phuket, Thailand, shot by Gunther Intelmann.
- L&M campaign shot in Buenos Aires by Rasmus Kaessmann.
- US-based Peruvian Connection catalogue shoot in Mexico, shot by Blasius Erlinger from Miami.
- Advertising shoot for Powerade with photographer Edith Held shot in Berlin.
- MYBC autumn/winter 2011 campaign shoot in Berlin with Seregel.
- Christoph Waltz for Telekom advertising shoot in Berlin with photographer Marc Hom.
- Lacoste shoot with US-based photographer Mark Hunter in Berlin.
- ARD Fernsehlotterie advertising with Monica Lierhaus shot by Thorten Eichhorst in Hamburg.
- Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button shot for Hugo Boss by the NY-based Christian Anwander.
- New campaign for Apollo Optik shot by Gunther Intelmann in Mallorca.
- styling, hair, makeup Back to top
Miriam Jacks Berlin hair and make up artists
Miriam Jacks recently completed hair and make-up for the new René Lezard campaign. During February and March she left Berlin to travel to Cape Town where she worked for clients including Otto, Burda Style, Maxima and FHM. Upon her return, Miriam produced her first beauty spread for Inlife Magazine, presenting the bestselling brands from her Berlin-based hair and make-up store JACKS-Beauty Department. The images were shot by Jaan-Eric Fischer with styling provided by Linda Ehrl.
Miriam and her team were also responsible for the MTV Push and CK Party in Berlin. Her latest spreads were produced in conjunction with photographers Anja Boxhammer, Danielle-Müller Brunke and Daniel Kelllermann and can be seen in her portfolio.
Clients include René Lezard, MTV UK, Calvin Klein, G-Star, Otto, Saturn, Bunte, OK! Magazine, Brigitte, Burda, Plaza Sweden and Face.
Miriam is represented by Nina Klein.
Suzana Santalab Stuttgart hair and make up artists
Stuttgart-based Suzana Santalab works as a freelance hair and make-up artist on fashion shoots, catalogues, image campaigns, advertising and editorials. Her work has appeared in numerous magazines, including Face Magazine, C-Heads Magazine, Hole Magazine, Re.flect, Plaza Kvinna, and others.
She is represented by Mod's Hair & Make-up. Visit her website for more information.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Elbmodels Munich + Hamburg senior models
Latest news from Elbmodels:
- Austrian magazine Compliment booked models Ingrid and Meeke for editorial fashion shoots.
- Apollo Optik has just launched a new campaign featuring models Han and Vera.
Elbmodels Munich is now part of the newly established Ringstudios. Located in the north of Munich, the studio provides a modern equipped rental space flooded with light and ideal for photo shoots, showrooms, special events and more.
Visit the website to check the full portfolio.
Lichtkind Berlin children models
Established in 2010, Berlin-based Lichtkind is a young casting agency specialising in babies, kids and people under 25. Owner Christina Oette is herself a photographer and attaches great importance to personal advice and individual attention for all her clients.
The agency recentlly placed it’s models for:
- BVG with photgrapher Stephan Gustavus.
- C&A with photographer Kai Gräber.
- Bread & Butter with photographer Andre Wagner.
- Ergo with photographer Ina Schoof.
- Telekom with photographer Markus Rössle.
- Frei with Tony Petersen Film GmbH.
- Schweizer Sonntagszeitung with Stefan Usteri.
- KIKA "Durch die Wildnis“.
- Diamant Eiszauber with Rainer Binz.
- Hochland Deutschland GmbH with Martinez.
- Spiele Max AG with photographer Edith Held.
- Jette Joop with photographer Joachim Baldauf.
- Philips Avent with The Viral Factory.
Lichtkind also loves to support free photo productions realised by young photographers, such as Sonja Hornung, Nina Altmann, Jana Schwerdfeger, Jana Forkmann, Otikwitteiker and Melanie Ziggel.
- rental studios Back to top
Hinterbergwerk Wiesbaden rental studios
Hinterbergwerk is a fully equipped film and photography studio offering complete lighting, grip and digital equipment. Located only 15 minutes away from Frankfurt airport, it is the perfect place to shoot cars, people and sets.
The historic building and its purpose-built studio complex combines design and charm with the finest technical facilities, including flash and tungsten lighting, a 180° floor plan cyclorama, remote controlled floating flat (30 x 23ft), a front of cove black drapery system, 23ft wide green screen and Phase One, Hasselblad, Sinar and Canon camera systems.
Clients include McCann Erickson, Jung von Matt, Publicis, Audi, Deutsche Bank, Vogue, Volkswagen, ZDF, and others.
Visit the website for more information or contact Astrid on +49 (0)611 531 509 40.
Studio Lichthaus Munich rental studios photo
Studio Lichthaus is one of the only studios in Munich offering a range of different styles of sets including furniture and props that can make every shoot a perfect experience.
Streaming with natural daylight and combined with delicious in-house catering, Studio Lichthaus makes for a lovely and relaxed atmosphere. Three parking places are reserved especially for clients, while a freight elevator and light rental service are also available.
"Our clients call us Studio Sorgenfrei!"
- equipment rent Back to top
Delight Rental Services Berlin camera/ accessories photography
Providing maximum support for professional photographers and their productions, Delight Rental Services (DRS) presents the latest camera and light equipment from only the best brands. The company also supplies every essential piece of equipment, from heaters to tents and walkie talkies, to ensure a successful, professional shoot.
Delight branches can be found in Berlin and Stuttgart.
prolightrent Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
prolightrent supports clients with well maintained equipment, in-studio or on-location.
Latest purchases include:
- Mobile mask mirror, easy to transport.
- Profoto Pro B3Air SR power pack including long-life lithium batteries.
- Profotos Batpac, a portable power source with two standard power outlets to support flashlight on location.
- Complete DSLR-Studio rig with follow-focus, matte-box, shoulder support kit and TFT-monitor.
- Broncolor Scoro A4S power pack offering colour temperature control combined with very fast flash duration.
- Broncolor Sticklite, 30cm long, a compact flash head that enables light design even in very small places.
For detailed information, conditions and special offers check out the website or give prolightrent a call.
Teamvan Munich mobile units/ location vans
From professionals for professionals: TeamVan is a rental agency specialised in vehicles for media productions in Munich. The company offers perfectly maintained latest generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles, from the Sprinter 315 L and XL (both offer nine seats) to the Vito XL (eight seats). All vehicles are ideally suited for the needs of media productions and convince with their smart equipment.
TeamVan's professional service guarantees a smooth procedure for every production. Vehicles can be delivered directly to clients, with pick-up and delivery at Munich airport also possible. In the event of an emergency, the Mercedes-Benz 24hr breakdown service is available.
In cooperation with Haedler+Haedler, one of Germany’s leading production equipment rental companies, TeamVan offers a special service: clients can order equipment in advance and the company will provide a pre-packed vehicle.
Clients pay a pre-arranged fixed price with no hidden costs, allowing for accurate budget planning and control. Visit the website for more information.
711rent Hamburg Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
Latest news and equipment updates from 711rent Hamburg:
- PhaseOne IQ 180 with PhaseOne Body, 80MP, touchscreen, fast USB 3.0 and Firewire 800 interface.
- Arri Arrilite 750 and Arri 650plus.
- Canon LII and TS-E Lenses (TS-E 17mm, TS-E 24mm LII, EF70-200 LII mm, and more).
- Specially designed limited edition T-shirts.
- Apple MacPro 8-core, 2.44GHz, 1TB hard drive, 36GB Ram.