showcase magazine Nov 2011germany issue 309
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Interfilm Short Film Festival Berlin, 15th - 20th November.
- Gute Aussichten, New German Photography 2010/2011, Berlin, 10th November - 29th January.
- Eyes on Paris, House Of Photography Hamburg, 16th September - 8th January.
- 50 years of German Youth Photo Prize, Berlin, 12th November - 5th February.
- photo agents Back to top
Agentur Neubauer Munich photo agents
Agentur Neubauer recently added two more young fashion photographers to its portfolio: Christoph Köstlin (Zurich, fashion and portrait) and Ben Ulmann (Munich, fashion).
Latest work from Agentur Neubauer photographers:
- Bernd Opitz - Esprit Home, Emsa, Rolf Benz and Hella.
- Sandra Seckinger - Generali, Römer and V-Tech.
- Barbara Bonisolli - McDonald's and Vorwerk.
- Myrzik&Jarisch - Siemens.
- Matthias Ziegler - Unicef, Deutsche Bank and Merck.
- Michael Munique - Eterna, Ann Christine, 1982, Street One and Max Hair.
- Andy Tan - Nike, JC-Rag and G-Star.
- Christoph Köstlin - Clueso.
Marion Eckhardt Photographers Hamburg photo agents
Hamburg-based photography agency Marion Eckhardt was founded in 1988 and quickly became a renowned international address for commercial and editorial productions. Representing newcomers as well as renowned photographers, the company is a professional and experienced partner for international productions, offering a range of photographers spanning nearly every genre, including editorial, people, advertising, portraiture, beauty, lingerie, fashion and animals.
- Hamburg-based photographer Christoph Bender is a new addition to the agency shooting mainly fashion and fashion stills. Clients include Mercedes-Benz, Otto, Bon Prix, Brunello Cucinelli, Tchibo, Zürich Versicherungen and many more.
- Cologne-based photographer Valéry Kloubert shot a poster campaign for DKMS (German Bone Marrow Database Society) with German TV moderator Nazan Eckes.
- Cologne-based photographer Stephan Pick shot the Scandinavian male model Christian Göran for Funga Denim Jeans.
- Paris-based photographer Bruce Soyez-Bernard worked for CHRIST Jewellery.
- Götz Göppert shot the new online campaign "Nivea et Moi" campaign for Nivea France in Paris.
- photo production Back to top
bigshrimp Hamburg Berlin photo production
bigshrimp was established in 1998 to provide production, casting, model booking, location, art buying and studio services. 2011 has so far been an outstanding year, with many wonderful clients in the air, on the road, on a sailing ship, at the airport and stretched out on numerous beaches throughout Germany. In short, bigshrimp has accompanied clients to all kinds of locations providing its remarkable full service production.
bigshrimp talents and locations were also booked for a high range of advertising assignments, and the company has continued to work hard at developing its model and location pools.
Visit the website for more information.
Claas Cropp Creative Productions Berlin photo production
Berlin-based Claas Cropp Creative Productions is a full service production company with experience in all areas of still photo production, location scouting and casting. Recent productions include:
- Lacoste L!ve F/W '11 campaign shot with Mark "Cobrasnake" Hunter in Berlin.
- GE campaign shot by Jens Boldt on locations throughout Germany.
- Aigner F/W '11 campaign production with Markus Jans in Berlin.
- Zurich Insurance campaign motif shot by Tom Nagy in Hamburg.
- Vodafone campaign production with Uwe Düttmann in Berlin.
- Braun testimonial campaign with Lucy Liu, shot by David Byun in Berlin.
- Sparkasse testimonial campaign with Nico Schmidt-Burgk in Berlin and Cologne.
- Credit Suisse production with Stephan Abry in Berlin.
Other clients include brands such as Louis Vuitton, Brioni, Lacoste, Nike,Adidas, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Philips, Procter & Gamble, Siemens, BASF, BMW, Audi, VW, Ergo, Mercedes-Benz and Deutsche Bank, and photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Daniel Jackson, Martin Schoeller, Roxanne Lowit, Esther Haase, Joachim Baldauf, Luis Sanchis, Ralph Mecke, Glen Luchford, Peter Funch and Wim Wenders.
Berlin Production Services Berlin photo production
Berlin Production Services has had an action-packed year, starting with organisation, logistics and locations for Scotch & Soda’s latest press campaign.
Microsoft Windows also came to Berlin as part of its campaign for 'New Modern Trend-Setters of the Future', shot by The Selby on location in interesting urban locations around the city.
Other productions have included an Otto Versands shoot on the streets and in the clubs of Berlin as well as a very diverse shoot with Pro Idee in locations including Potsdamer Platz, a beach near Berlin, and a bi-plane from the 1920s. In August, Wiit Weiden Catalogue came to Berlin with six teams, using the city as a backdrop to shoot the modern executive woman.
Berlin Production Services offers full production services in Berlin, a city offering an excellent selection of locations ranging from the retro to the ultra-modern, the conventional to the highly unique.
Visit the website for more information.
Daniela Witting Hamburg photo production
Hamburg-based Daniela Witting offers full service photo production. Her services include production management, casting, location scouting, budget management and more across all genres of photography worldwide.
Recent productions include:
- Volkswagen Polo shoot with Frithjof Ohm.
- Hermes Versand campaign shot by Tom Grammerstorf.
- Mercedes-Benz women's football WM shoot with Emir Haveric.
- Promodoro fashion shoot with Antje Merkel.
- Paulaner shoot with Daniel Cramer.
- Panasonic shoot with Klaus Merz.
Visit the website for more information.
- photographers Back to top
Tom Wagner Berlin portrait photographers
Tom Wagner is based in Berlin and loves travelling the world. By trying to combine photography with his addiction for all kinds of outdoor sports, he has worked in many beautiful locations including Cape Town, Hawaii, Miami, Australia, and all over Europe.
Tom specialises in lingerie, portrait, celebrity portraits, advertising, landscapes and sports photography. As well as a comfortable shooting atmosphere, he finds it very important to have a good coffee on set!
In 2011, Tom directed his first advertising spot and several 'making of' films and is hungry to do more. Clients include Otto, WWF, TBWA, Pro7, Sparkasse, Burda Verlag, Axel Springer Verlag and many other domestic and international names.
Be sure to check out his new website, due to be online at the end of November, and follow Tom on Facebook and Xing for more information.
Darius Ramazani Berlin advertising photographers
In September, Berlin-based photographer Darius Ramazani shot two different campaigns in Moscow.
Most recently, he shot a cover and editorial spread for Allianz Magazine and contributed editorial shots for the medical book Sana Blaubuch. He is currently in New York working on a personal project.
Darius was recognised in the 5th Annual Photography Masters Cup in the 'People' and 'Portrait' categories at a prestigious 'Nominees and Winners' award show.
JENS BÖSENBERG Berlin still life photographers
Jens Bösenberg introduces some of his new still life studies created at his studio in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- For client Getränke-Ring he photographed fascinating macro-detail images of drinks bottles.
- Collaborating with the agency Nordsonne Identity, Jens developed and implemented the photographic concept for the latest Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (Friedrich-Ebert Foundation) annual report. For the photographs, everyday objects were dismantled into their individual parts and re-arranged on a neutral background, presenting them as works of art.
- With the stylists from AD magazine, graphic-like stills were created that tell a story with a twinkle of irony.
- Jens also photographed a series of architectural pictures at the new library of Humboldt University Berlin, the Jakob-und-Wilhelm-Grimm Centre by Swiss architect Max Dudler.
Blue Studios Hamburg + Hanover advertising photographers
High-end photography and film: Blue Studios is in great demand among long-term clients like Volkswagen, Continental, Sennheiser, Bosch Rexroth and Akzo Nobel thanks to its expertise, versatility and quality. Alongside their experienced team, Dieter Sieg and Volker Warning realise fresh and innovative ad and image campaigns for advertising clients, brochures, catalogues, books, calendars and websites.
Visit the website to discover some of Blue Studios' latest work, from advertising and cars to interior and exterior, people and lifestyle and food and drink.
Don't miss Blue Studios' mobile app for Smartphone and Android.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Latest work from Munich-based baby and kids photographer Sabine Duerichen:
- Conley's catalogue fall/winter 2011 - kids fashion shoot in Tuscany.
- Deichmann / Elefanten fall/winter campaign 2011.
- Pharmaceutical client Merck Serono commissioned a baby advertising campaign produced in Sabine's Munich rental studio, SKYLOFTSTUDIO.
- Personal work, 'black&white' fall/winter 2011.
Kai Arndt Munich advertising photographers
Kai Arndt is a still life and industry photographer with a studio in Munich. His working method includes perfect image editing, a real advantage particularly in jewellery and model photography, where retouching is almost always necessary.
Featured in this Showcase are examples from his current promotional series for magazines including Playboy, Bunte, Fit for Fun, Freundin and others.
Kai will gladly take responsibility for the overall concept of an advertising campaign, from photography to final print. He works across the German-speaking world for magazines, agencies and direct clients and is specialised in high-end product as well as industry photography. He focusses on still life, product and industry photography, hotels, catalogues, jewellery and perfume, architecture, compositing and CGI.
Vsit his website for more information.
Foto Grau Hamburg people & lifestyle photographers
Located in Hamburg, Johannes Grau is an advertising photographer who works across people, kids and animals. For many years he has also developed cookery books, specialising in wine.
Book projects including 'Das Schlachtfest' and 'Deutschlands Weinelite', both from Tre Torri, as well as his work for Fine Wine Magazine demonstrate his excellent reportage style.
Mid-way through 2011, Johannes began a round the world trip that will take-in wineries in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Argentina, Spain, France and Italy.
Clients include TUI, Hapag Lloyd, Lufthansa and Radio HH. Johannes travels a lot, preferring to shoot on location to give him the best conditions for his natural way of photography.
Johannes' new website will be launched in November.
Christoph Siegert Hamburg people & lifestyle photographers
Christoph Siegert’s people and lifestyle imagery proved very popular this summer, with work for clients including National Railway System, Hapag Lloyd Cruise Flights, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Olympus and S-Bahn Berlin. Images from these assignments will be published soon.
For HES High End Society the stage was set for high-class Hi-Fi equipment and models together with Hamburg agency Achtung! New motifs for the upcoming DanCenter catalogue were shot on location in Denmark and Norway with extreme perspectives, backlighting and lots of emotion establishing a wonderful atmosphere.
Christoph's film for Grazia Germany gives a fascinating insight into the work of the editorial department. He also produced a short viral spot for Aliqua, an upcoming natural cosmetics brand, detailing its new shopping system.
His award-winning image for Stiftung Mensch, an organisation that provides jobs for disabled people, was selected for Luerzer’s '200 World's Best Advertising Photographers 2012/2013'. Christoph's work on the annual report for Hamburg Messe and Congress Centre won the LAPD (League of American Communication Professionals) Bronze Award.
Marc Collins Berlin lingerie & swimwear photographers
Marc Collins is based in Berlin, shooting for clients around the world.
He specialises in lingerie, swimwear, glamour, beauty and fashion photography. Marc also produces image films, product videos and music videos.
His clients include Maxim, FHM, Men's Health, Jacques Lemans, Enamora, 7trends, Playboy, Esquire, and more.
He is represented by Mandarine Media. Visit his website for more information.
Axel Waldecker Fotografie Camera Uno Stuttgart advertising photographers
Axel Waldecker is known for his natural, fresh food and still life imagery with over 20 years experience combining refined sensibility with masterful lightning to provide clients with beautifully produced images.
His studio near Stuttgart comes digitally equipped and has a fully working kitchen suitable for all types of food assignments. Axel shoots digitally in the studio or out on location worldwide.
Tino Pohlmann Berlin advertising photographers
Berlin-based photographer Tino Pohlmann focuses on portraiture, lifestyle, sport and landscape work.
His latest work includes Ergon Bike Ergonomics in New York and Arizona, Mercedes-Benz Transporter, Vattenfall and Gas AG.
He also continues to develop his personal work.
Karsten Koch Hanover people & lifestyle photographers
"I'm always in search of the real moment," says Karsten Koch when describing his work. His team and many of his clients say that what makes working with Karsten so special is the relaxed, good natured and friendly atmosphere he creates on set.
Featured in this Showcase are photos taken with Phillip & Keuntje for ASSTEL and direct insurers Gothaer for the company's web re-launch, as well as hunting and outdoor outfitters Grube. The theme "camouflage in the forest" needs completely re-evaluating after this shoot!
For car rental company TUI Cars Karsten also worked with "real people" in Portugal.
Visit his website for more information.
Kai Schwabe Bremen food & drink photographers
Kai Schwabe's passion is food photography. His clients include Kraftfoods Europe, Philadelphia, Jacobs, Tassimo, Alberto, Dr. Oetker and Edeka, who all appreciate his professional approach to briefs and layout along with his technical expertise.
Kai’s 500 m² daylight studio is located in the centre of Bremen. A master of different lighting techniques, he can quickly create a range of subtle moods according to the needs of each client. Working alongside a team of talented food stylists and assistants, Kai develops high quality images that appeal to the appetite.
Featured in this Showcase is 'Sweet and meat', a series of images shot to develop new visual concepts for a client.
Visit his website for more information.
Tom Nagy Hamburg advertising photographers
Hamburg-based photographer Tom Nagy focuses on landscape, transportation and people photography.
The images featured in this Showcase were completed for clients Adobe, Zurich, HSBC Private Bank, Swiss and Geo Magazine.
Tom mainly shoots ad campaigns for global clients. He is represented in Europe by Marlene Ohlsson and in the US by Michael Ash and Partners.
Ben Isselstein Dusseldorf advertising photographers
Ben Isselstein has added recent jobs, new motifs and up-to-date downloads to his Virtual Stages website.
2011 has been a year of publications and awards, including Blickfang 2011 - Germany's Best Photographers, Best of One Eyeland, a further nomination and several magazine stories.
Virtual Stages Photography is based on a slim and efficient production line and speaks a unique language of imaging and art. Visit Ben's online portfolio for a more behind-the-scenes perspective.
Alex Pusch Nuremberg people & lifestyle photographers
2011 started well for Alex Pusch with some personal work in Dubai followed by shoots for Sony Ericsson in Tenerife and Istanbul.
He also shot a portrait of Hans-Joachim "Striezel" Stuck at the Nuerburgring racing circuit, along with a portrait of world-famous rock climber Lynn Hill on Lake Garda.
Check out the gallery to see some of Alex's recent work or visit his website for more information.
- cgi 3d rendering Back to top
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg cgi 3d rendering
Latest news from [zerone] / cgi:
- For Swiss Air [zerone] created all air-to-air shots using CGI technology. The planes were modelled, rendered and retouched by [zerone] with supervision by Tom Nagy.
- In collaboration with agency Jung von Matt [zerone] created a Mercedes E-Class campaign for the Chinese market.
- Los Angeles-based agency The Designory worked with [zerone] to create visuals for the new 2012 Nissan Maxima. Photographer and supervisor was Anton Watts.
- Photographer Thomas Strogalski and [zerone] created images for the Mercedes S-Class 'Lifecycle' campaign 2011.
- digital capture Back to top
Digirox Berlin digital capture
Digirox is renowned for its high-end digital support on photographic productions. The company's offer ranges from camera systems such as Canon and Hasselblad to the newest computer hardware and software, perfectly put together in different capture stations to meet the needs of every photographer.
Digirox proudly announces an upgrade of its studio workstations. A new 12-core-tower and two 24-inch Quato monitors are now part of the kits for even higher performance and greater comfort on set.
The company's new website with a mesmerising new look will be launched soon.
Latest productions include:
- New Yorker summer 2011 shot in Miami by Sam Bisso and Esther Haase.
- Basler fall 2011 campaign shot in Berlin with photographer Seregel.
- Katarina Witt shot for Garnier by Oliver Klocke.
- Catalogue shoot in Berlin for Breuninger by Gregor Hohenberg.
- Gala editorial with Michelle Hunziker shot by Armin Morbach.
- Campaign shoot for Renate Künast (Bündnis90/DieGrünen) by Edith Held.
- Fine Goods catalogue production in Barcelona with Ulrich Hartmann.
- Ann Christine Collection campaign with Michael Munique in Berlin.
- Manor shot in Zurich with photographer David Oldham.
- Schwarzkopf packaging shoots in Hamburg with art director and hair stylist Armin Morbach: Schwarzkopf Diadermine by Nasser Mecili, Schwarzkopf Brillance by Txema Yeste, and Schwarzkopf ColorMask by Marcus Ohlsson.
- film production Back to top
HelliVentures Munich commercials production
"Inhale. Commercials. Adventure Docs. Corporate Identity. Branded Content. Passion. Sports. Nature. Outdoor. National. International. Enthusiasm. Excellence. Precision. Quality. Creativity. Efficiency. 30 Seconds. 90 Minutes. Exhale. HelliVentures."
This is the Mantra of the Munich-based production house, which takes pride in "moving fast-forward since 1996" and bringing its special expertise and services to the attention of big international brands.
HelliVentures is continuously expanding its network of creative talent. The young directing duo Kroncks just finished a series of films for a worldwide Sony Ericsson campaign.
Visit the website for more information.
- styling, hair, makeup Back to top
Nina Klein Berlin styling, hair, makeup agents
Nina Klein represents hair, make-up and styling talents in Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich and Amsterdam.
Recent jobs include:
- Miriam Jacks is the new national make-up artist for L'Oréal Paris'. She also launched her own magazine Jacks Beauty.
- Christiane Graf produced a new lookbook for More & More and a bag shoot for German Gracia magazine with photographer Tina Luther.
- Margie Otte produced a new campaign for Luisa Cerano with photographer Markus Pritzi.
- Petra Wiebe produced two new fashion shoots 'Into the wild' and 'Red riding hood' for Equistyle Magazine with photographer Andreas Ortner.
- Ulrike Miebach produced for Sinn & Leffers and completed new fashion stills for Breuninger with photographer Marcus Gaab. She also produced cosmetic stills for the fist issue of Jacks Beauty and worked on the new Saeco campaign with photographer Patrick Hirscher.
- Linda Ehrl produced advertising spots for kinderüberraschung and Coke Zero.
- Pedro Dias produced the new Ansons campaign and a fashion story for German magazine Madame.
- Mine Uludag produced for Luna with photographer Tamy Donnerstag.
Several of Nina Klein's make-up artists and stylists will be in Cape Town for the summer season. Visit the website for more information.
Jennifer Hahn Berlin fashion stylists
Jennifer Hahn is a Berlin-based stylist. She began her career over 10 years ago training alongside fashion designers and working at modeling and photography agencies, doing practical training at Elle and Allegra magazines and receiving a scholarship for studies in fashion design. She has since worked as a stylist for fashion and advertising clients, magazines and personal projects.
Latest jobs and recent projects include editorials for:
- Qvest with photographer Anita Bresser.
- Quality with photographer Tobias Schult.
- GZ Live with photographer Reno Ranger.
- Fashion Gone Rogue with photographer Frauke Fischer.
- Magic Moments with photographer Reno Ranger.
- GZ Live with photographer Felix Krüger.
- Emotion with photographer Oliver Mark.
- DONALD Magazine with photographer Moritz Schmid.
Jennifer's latest advertising jobs included Media Markt, Krebshilfe, Wintershall, Vosschemie, Panasonic, O2 Arena and CCC. Her recent personal work was produced with Dirk Messner, Marguerite Oelofse, Florian Grill, Carsten Kofalk, Felix Glasmeyer, Alfred Steffen and Mika Ceron.
From December Jennifer will also be based in Paris.
Petra Wiebe Munich fashion stylists
Petra Wiebe is a Munich-based stylist with experience in design, production and editorial work. With a creative family background - her father was an interior designer and her sister is a fashion designer - she began her career as a window dresser, eventually becoming a stylist with responsibility for developing fashion and editorial concepts, catalogue production, backstage fashion show management and art direction. Petra is represented by Visage and Nina Klein.
Recent highlights include:
- Campaign, video and photo shoot for PKZ men's label Paul Kehl in Switzerland. Agency: By Heart. Ph: Romeo Mori.
- Art book shot in Zurich with the legendary 80 year-old supermodel Carmen del Orefice from New York. Ph: Beat von Weissenfluh.
- Party collection TV spot, fashion show video and catalogue for Bon Prix in 10 different countries. Ph: Frank Wartenberg.
- Triumph Asia lingerie shoot in Florence and Assisi. Agency: Traffic. Ph: Monika Groeger-Sedlmayr.
- Cover shoot and two editorials in Mallorca for new magazine Equistyle. Ph: Andreas Ortner.
- Cover shoot and two editorials for Cocoon Magazine Christmas edition and Airmagazin Zurich in the Maldives, Lily Beach and Hideaway Island Resort. Ph: Andreas Ortner.
- Cover shoot and editorial with photographer Andreas Ortner for the 13th anniversary special edition of Complot Magazine.
- Sexy editorial shoot 'Born to be wild' for Cocoon Magazine and a cover for Photographie Magazine with photographer Frank Wartenberg.
Nici Theuerkauf Berlin product stills stylists
Berlin-based stylist Nici Theuerkauf's recent work included:
- Martin Müller for Adidas.
- Benno Kraehahn for Amano Hotel.
- Armin Zogbaum for Villeroy & Boch.
- Jochen Arndt for Architektur und Wohnen.
- Oliver Schwarzwald for Architektur und Wohnen.
Nici's latest project is in conjunction with Gregor Collienne for Sparkasse.
Check out her website for more information.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Model Pool Dusseldorf fashion models
Model Pool is one of the oldest German model agencies. Founded in 1978, the company has grown to become one of the leading agencies in Germany.
Its main focus lies on model placement for photo shoots, fashion shows, TV commercials and trade fairs. With a range of over 350 national and international models, Model Pool can serve a wide spectrum of clients.
Notable clients include Esprit, Otto, Neckermann, C&A and RTL.
Since August 2008, Model Pool has also successfully provided a Kids Division for local clients in NRW, Germany.
- locations Back to top
ZLOCATIONZ Berlin location service and scouts
"We scout, you choose. We produce, you create."
With a location library of more then 6000 locations and over 10 years of production experience, zlocationz is a great resource for productions in Berlin.
Recent clients and brands included Markenfilm, Soupfilm, Partizan, Filmdeluxe, 539090, Watchmen, Bigfish, TP Film, Creamfilm, Samsung, DB Schenker, Media Markt, Rolex, Medion, Opel, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Sony Ericsson, Hornbach, Ikea, Grazia and BMW.
Recent photographers Oliver Mark, Koray Birand, Rafael Stahelin, Marc De Groot, Alexandra Kinga Fakete, Rainer Kurzeder, Paul Green, Markus Müller and Egon Gade.
Visit the website for more information.