showcase magazine Apr 2012germany issue 336
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
Don't miss some of the exciting events coming up in the upcoming weeks:
- 7th Berlin Biennale for Contemporary Art, 27th April - 1st July.
- Thomas Ruff at the Haus der Kunst, Munich, until 20th May.
- International Short Film Festival Hamburg, from 29th May - 4th June.
Production Paradise is also proud to announce that we are the official partner of the ADC Festival to be held from 9th - 13th May 2012 in Frankfurt.
Our cover image was shot by Eric Josjoe, represented by Avenger Photographers.
- photo agents Back to top
Kombinatrotweiss Frankfurt photo agents
The most recent member to join Kombinatrotweiss is London-based photographer Markus Lambert. Markus shows great variety in his high-class fashion, beauty and advertising photography. His latest work was for HundredElevenDays. The label collaborates with well-known international artists to produce unique foulards and scarves made of silk and cotton.
Latest work includes:
- Stefan Milev - new campaign and look book for hip Berlin label Augustin Teboul.
- Kajetan Kandler - campaign entitled 'Kinder brauchen Freunde' for Deutsches Kinderhilfswerk e.V. Agency: TBWA.
- Michael Heinsen - a series of strong and authentic personal portraits in New York. Production: Kings Cross/Eva Steffens.
- Petra van Raaij - personal work with Model Roxanne c/o Boss Models Cape Town.
- Angelika Buettner - editorial for SO CHIC Magazine Paris.
- IZABE.LA - personal work from one of the company's newest faces.
- Matthias Seifarth - personal work from another new addition to the agency's roster.
Gudrun Hamann Hamburg photo agents
Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a Hamburg-based photo production company and agency for fashion photographers.
With a focus on fashion photography, the company represents Sandra Weimar, Barbara Maurer, Torsten Ruppert, Wolfgang Stauber, and Alexander Frank.
Clients also rely on Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production for casting and model booking for women, men, lingerie and kids, as well as photo shoot organisation.
With 15 years of experience and close partnerships with modelling agencies, hair and make-up artists, stylists, foreign production companies and skilled photographers, Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a solid full service partner for photo productions anywhere in the world.
Avenger Photographers Munich photo agents
Avenger Photographers added Munich based photographer Hans Buttermilch to its roster. Hans has a wonderful still life portfolio and some of his clients include Architectural Digest, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Focus, Stern, Vogue, Zeit Magazin, Hapag Lloyd, Lancome, City Bank and Ray Ban.
Latest projects from Avenger Photographers:
- Sammy Hart: ICON, Spiegel Wissen, Diseno Interio Magazin, DB Mobil, Profifoto, Stern, exhibition Munich Creative Business Week, Purple Canvas.
- Eric Josjoe: Ankar Fashion, Alla balla kalas - Kidz,+, Hedvik Fashion, Fokusbank.
- Jörg Schieferecke: Gabor Shoes A/W Campaign, Felina Lingerie, Hoegl Shoes, Keiomi, Escora.
- Volker Dautzenberg: Fiducia IT AG, ERGO Direktversicherung AG, Easy Credit.
- Joel Micah Miller: Bosch, Daimler AG, Mein Motor, EnBW, Kühnertova, Mercedes Actros, Porsche.
- Steven Strange: image films for Hoegl Shoes, Gabor Shoes, Mayer Hosen, animation for Alphabet, aviation for Aviareps, making of for Suzuki V-Strom, case study for Net App.
For more information visit their website.
mklick - Photographers & more Berlin photo agents
For this year's Audi 'Xtra' Rewards Catalogue, Carsten Heidmann photographed a people series in Hamburg with BIGSHRIMP handling production.
He shot a series of images entitled 'Musically' with Werder Bremen football players at Bremen's Weser Stadium for fashion label Roy Robson.
Carsten also shot a second collection for young fashion brand Marco Meducci.
- photographers Back to top
Tim Müller Berlin advertising photographers
Lifestyle, people, portrait and landscape photographer Tim Müller has recently been shooting in Germany, the USA, São Paulo, Cape Town and Shanghai. He has also been selected by Lürzer's Archive to be one of the 'Best 200 AD Photographers Worldwide 2012/13'.
Tim has worked for a range of international advertising and corporate clients including McDonald's, Volkswagen, ABN Amro, Dallmayr Kaffee, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, WeightWatchers, Channel4, Nestlé, P&G, and many others.
His work is authentic, genuine and touching.
Visit Tim's recently updated website to view his portfolio or get in touch on +49 176 22033818.
Darius Ramazani Berlin advertising photographers
Darius Ramazani has been involved in a project to promote the 'Kältebus' (Cold Bus), a service organised by the social welfare group Berliner Stadtmission (Berlin City Mission). The Cold Bus tours the dark streets of Berlin on freezing nights to give homeless people a lift to the warmth of a local shelter. Darius photographed the 74-year-old Heinz, who has lived on the streets for a number of years, during which time he has experienced many dangerously icy-cold winters in the German capital. Heinz is indebted to the invaluable charitable support offered to him, and many other homeless people in the same situation, by the Berliner Stadtmission.
Darius has also been working on a photo shoot for Hartmann AG, a Germany-based provider of medical and healthcare products. In his distinctive style, Darius photographed a variety of portraits of elderly people, focusing on the theme of skin and age.
Tom Wagner Photography Berlin portrait photographers
Tom Wagner is a happy photographer based in Berlin.
He specialises in lingerie, portrait, celebrity portraits, advertising, landscapes and sports.
Clients include OTTO, WWF, Jung van Matt, Pro7, ZDF, Sparkasse, Burda Verlag, Axel Springer Verlag and many other domestic and international names.
Nino Gehrig Berlin people & lifestyle photographers
Living between Barcelona and Berlin, Nino Gehrig has been an established advertising photographer for the past 10 years. Working with children and ‘real’ people as opposed to professional models, he is committed to bringing the essence of those he shoots to the surface of every image. He has created a very unique style; spontaneous and natural looking pictures, which are sometimes reportage-like but remain well defined.
Nino works mostly in Spain for national and international clients, including film production companies. He has gained the respect of many international film crews for capturing the perfect moment. He is member of the London Photographic Association and won Gold and Silver Awards for his children's editorials.
Clients include Kas, Pepsi, Damm, Nokia, Media Markt, Pentax, Nikon, Allianz, Knorr, La Caixa, BBVA, Nestlé, Telefonica, Volkswagen, Ayuntamento de Barcelona, Repsol, San Lucar, Nesquik, Metro Madrid, Merck, Pantene and Mini.
Nino recently shot a Nescafé Gold print campaign for Ukraine and Moldova with agency McCann London on location in Barcelona.
Christoph Siegert Hamburg people & lifestyle photographers
Christoph Siegert recently completed action and lifestyle images for Hapag Lloyd Luxury Sky Cruises and Choripan Argentina.
For the exclusive Sky Cruises division from Hapag Lloyd, Christoph shot images that create a desire to travel in the private jet of the luxury travel provider.
In addition, featured in this Showcase are new images from Argentina.
bluestudios Hamburg + Hanover Hanover advertising photographers
Utmost precision paired with fresh ideas - this is the credo of Dieter Sieg and Volker Warning at bluestudios. With a great passion for proportions and colour and a natural feeling for settings and the right effects, the pair always take their clients' wishes one step further. Which is why long-term clients such as Volkswagen, Continental, Sennheiser, Bosch Rexroth and Akzo Nobel keep relying on the company's expertise for ad and image campaigns, brochures, catalogues, books, calendars and websites.
Visit the bluestudios website to discover their latest work from advertising and cars to interior and exterior, people and lifestyle, beauty and fashion, as well as food and drink.
Don't miss bluestudios' mobile app for Smartphone and Android. Also, coming soon: the bluestudios' image shop for freelance art photography.
Michael Miklas Hanover advertising photographers
Michael Miklas' strength undoubtedly lies in his ability to capture the magic of emotions, working with light in the same way a painter would with his brush and palette to create a wonderful work of art. Particularly in his beauty, fashion and portrait projects he shows his instinct for the perfect perspective, capturing a fleeting moment or the specific personality of a subject.
Clients including Audi and Volkswagen trust his intuition and sense for the right set and style, but also appreciate his sensitive and cooperative personality when it comes to successfully realising their projects.
Michael runs his own studio in Hannover and travels for projects all over the world. Visit his website for more of his work.
Klaus Einwanger / KME-Studios Munich food & drink photographers
Klaus Einwanger began his career as an independent photographer in 1990 and has since specialised in food, still life, people and lifestyle photography.
Working from his daylight studio near Munich, which features two studio spaces, extensive fridge and freezer capacity and a full kitchen, he has been commissioned to shoot stylish food photography for advertising, packaging, books and PR clients.
Klaus' unique style can be recognised through his subtile mix of creative styling, food presentation and beautiful light graphics. He has worked on a variety of cookery books and with many top chefs in Germany and abroad.
The motives featured in this Showcase show a range of pictures from an ice cream and sorbets book production.
KME Studios Munich sports photographers
After various photo assistant jobs, Michael began his independent professional career as a sports photographer. Since 2003, he has been working together with KME-Studios and has specialised in sports, lifestyle and people photography.
“Photography makes the light work!" - this statement best describes his unique style and how he handles natural light. He skillfully masters the varieties of ambient light and light situations, and regardless of rain, snow, storms or sunshine, an abundance of expressive and highly emotional images emerge.
Effortlessly and without losing authenticity, Michael manages to comply with the conceptual requirements of every brief. His spectrum ranges from fantastic landscape scenes and action-packed snapshots to expressive portraits and the fine details of his surroundings.
Jacob Lindner Munich advertising photographers
Jacob Lindner is an advertising photographer based in Munich. In recent years he has specialised in food and product photography and has worked mainly for clients from the food industry. Whenever there is time he also shoots people and stock imagery. His studio in Munich has two complete kitchen areas, but also enough space for people productions.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Latest news from Munich-based kids photographer Sabine Duerichen:
- 'Organic Fashion Eté' from Lisette Pour Fille. Location: Ibiza.
- Conley's summer fashion catalogue. Location: Sardinia. Art direction: Anna-Lena Röhring. Styling: Nico Pannars. Hair and make-up: Carina Kristandt.
- Adidas advertising campaign. Location: Munich. Advertising agency: Humbert Communication.
- post production Back to top
alphadog Hamburg creative post production
alphadog's recent work:
- Sixt "Prince Charles" CGI. Agency: Jung von Matt HH.
- Leica CGI. Agent: Neteye.
- Truma CGI. Agent: VSF&P.
- VW 'Heritage'. Agent: Grabarz & Partner. Client: VWN Oldtimer.
- Citroen 'Love Selection'. Agent: Euro RSCG. Photographer: Bernd Possardt.
- Sekt CGI. Agent: Fahrenheit Paris. Client: Kessler.
- Oryza CGI. Agent: Kemper Trautmann HH.
- Bronx Sports CGI.
Maria Schinz Photo Finish Munich creative post production
Maria Schinz is a photo retoucher specialising in print media.
After six years of studying in New York and intensive collaborations with photographers such as Kristian Schuller and Annie Leibovitz, Maria is now settled in Munich's creative hotspot, Glockenbachviertel, where she enhances images with a unique and discerning eye. Her up-to-date, technical know-how is matched only by her unsurpassed level of quality.
Her client portfolio includes Nokia, GORE-TEX, Commerz Finanz, Reebok, and many more.
Sublime Postproduction Berlin creative post production
Sublime Postproduction combines a sense for fine aesthetics with a passion for outstanding photography and loving attention to detail. The company provides tailor-made professional services in the name of excellent photography, applying its profound knowledge in the field of visual arts to grant each of its technically perfect images a strong and unique impression.
The company focuses particularly on transportation, CGI, motion graphics, beauty and people.
- Sebastian Vettel for GQ Magazine with photographer Anke Luckmann.
- Hornbach with photographer Markus Mueller. Agency: Heimat.
- FDP with photographer Benno Kraehahn. Agency: Etwas Neues entsteht.
Clients include Manu Agah, Anke Luckmann, Anatol Kotte, Armin Zogbaum, Conrad Piepenburg, Blinkk, Magnus Winter, Sonja Müller, Det Kempke, Oscar van de Beek, Stefano Morini, Tom Wagner, Tobias Schult, Benno Kraehahn, Heimat, McCann Erickson, Scholz & Friends, Atletico International, Grey Worldwide, DDB and Jung von Matt.
- photo production Back to top
Berlin Production Services Berlin photo production
Berlin Production Services has continued its busy year.
After finishing shots for Witt Weiden the company completed a great urban street fashion shoot for D-strict; six locations in one day to create a big city feel for the new season.
Other productions included a photo and video shoot for a men's editorial for Panorama Icon by Paolo Zerbini in the streets around Alexander Platz and Cafe Moscow in Berlin. The company also completed an interesting shoot for Gadovist at the Berlin Olympic training centre and welcomed Otto Versand back to the city for a cover shoot with Palina Rojinski. The video will be available soon.
Claas Cropp Creative Productions Berlin photo production
Berlin-based Claas Cropp Creative Productions is a full service production company with experience in all areas of still photo production, location scouting and casting.
Recent productions include:
- Lufthansa campaign photo and TVC production with photographer/director Sam Robinson in Frankfurt.
- Audi RS 4 campaign by Juergen Berderow, shot in Barcelona, the Basque Country and Portugal.
- Lancia Ypsilon casting TV-event production and subsequent campaign shoot by Alexander Gnädinger in Vienna.
- Hugo Boss Christmas campaign shoot with photographer Mark Pillai in Berlin.
- Dr. Hauschka 'Inner Glow' campaign production with Fergus Padel in the surroundings of Berlin.
- SPD Saarland election campaign shoot of candidate Heiko Maas by Mathias Bothor.
- MasterCard campaign production with Piet Truhlar in Berlin.
- e.on campaign shoot by Fergus Padel in Hamburg.
Other clients include brands such as Louis Vuitton, Brioni, Lacoste, Nike, Adidas, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Philips, Procter & Gamble, Siemens, BASF, BMW, Audi, VW, Ergo, Mercedes-Benz and Deutsche Bank. Photographers including Annie Leibovitz, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Ellen von Unwerth, Daniel Jackson, Martin Schoeller, Roxanne Lowit, Uwe Düttmann, Esther Haase, Joachim Baldauf, Luis Sanchis, Ralph Mecke, Glen Luchford, Peter Funch and Wim Wenders.
- locations Back to top
Groh Locations Berlin location service and scouts
Following on from its most successful year to-date, Groh Locations has made a strong start to 2012 with all the signs pointing to another record-breaking year.
In January, the company supported TV show 'Das perfekte Model' (VOX) with Eva Padberg and Karolina Kurkova. Advertising support continues to be a strong part of its business, with projects for Nivea, Veltins, Postbank, Samsung, Siemens, Marco Tozzi, Burger King and McDonald's.
Groh Locations is currently working with VOX on the 'X-Factor' TV show starring Sarah Connor, Sandra Nasic, H.P Baxxter and Moses Pelham.
- film production Back to top
HelliVentures Filmproduktion GmbH Munich commercials production
Inhale. Commercials. Adventure Docs. Corporate Identity. Branded Content. Passion. Sports. Nature. Outdoor. National. International. Brands. Enthusiasm. Excellence. Precision. Quality. Creativity. Efficiency. 30 Seconds. 90 Minutes. Exhale. HelliVentures. Moving fast forward since 1996
Clients include Toyota, CLEAR, Colgate, Hansaplast, ING-DiBa, Kraft Foods, Kellogg's, Nestlé, Nivea, Oakley, Red Bull, Royal Caribbean, Samsung, Swatch, Sony Ericcson, Swisscom, Unilever, Nike, Telekom, and many more.
FILMER Munich commercials production
"Does a film move me? Do the sounds strike a chord? Do the colours touch me? Is it just banal information or is somebody conveying a real story?" Searching visual feelings - with this mission, the FILMERs set off in search of emotions. In their videos, they do everything they can to visually tell short stories: full of movement, atmosphere and effect thanks to a winning combination of imagery and sound.
The FILMERs are interested in everything that can be captured on film. Whether short films, advertising or image films, food, fashion, sports or industry - the possibilities are enticing and unlimited, as emotions can be found everywhere. The FILMER team wants to awaken those emotions, visually shape them and package them up in a moving story using enchanting details and atmospheric wizardry.
- styling, hair, makeup Back to top
Nina Klein Berlin styling, hair, makeup agents
The Nina Klein agency is looking back at the successful launch of its pop-up office in Cape Town, with several commercial and editorial productions including Mr. Porter, Heine, Deichmann, Impressionen, Otto, Conley's, Esprit, Mirage and Qvest Magazine.
Latest news includes:
- Christiane Graf produced two editorials for German Grazia: The accessories story was shot with photographer Danilo Giuliani, the fashion story with Tina Luther.
- Ina Cierniak produced a cover story and three editorials for the new Conley's Magazine photographed by Lina Tesch and Paul Ripke.
- Margie Otte produced the new Betty Barclay Perfume campaign with photographer David Oldham and a new season starter for Peek & Cloppenburg with Mario Schmolka.
- Pedro Dias produced new campaigns for Paul Rosen with photographer Sven Jacobsen and Esprit with Michael Berger.
- Chrisna de Bruyn produced two editorials for Mirage Magazine photographed by Willie Ellis.
- Ulrke Miebach produced for the new Tush Magazine, photographed by Armin Zogbaum.
- Manuela Kopp produced for online French magazine L'autre, photographed by Patrick Houi.
- Make-up artist Shirin Kürschner produced for Marie Claire with photographer Daniella Midenge. She is now also available for bookings on Ibiza.
Stylist Jana, based in Dusseldorf, is a new addition to the Nina Klein roster. Visit the website for more information and to see her digital portfolio.
Nici Theuerkauf Berlin props, furnishing, interior stylists
Berlin-based stylist Nici Theuerkauf's recent work included:
- Jochen Arndt for Schöner Wohnen.
- Marcus Höhn shot with Joko & Klaas.
- Christoph Riccius for Lexware.
- Idris Kolodziej for smart.
- Martin Müller for Adidas.
- Carsten Görling shot with Hape Kerkeling.
Check out her website for more information.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Elbmodels Munich + Hamburg people models
Elbmodels is celebrating its 5th birthday and is proud to present a brand new facelift for its website. The agency has also optimised the site's functionality, with current polaroid material as well as short casting videos to be added regularly.
- Apollo Optik just launched a new campaign with Monique.
- HRS booked models Ruediger, Maren and Simone D. for its current web campaign.
- Photographer Kai Schaefer worked with the wonderful Danielle for beauty product fenjal.
- Almuth and Menina were booked by Dr. Theiss for a nationwide campaign for beauty products medipharma and Couperose.
Visit the website to check the full portfolio.
- rental studios Back to top
Ring Studios Munich rental studios
Inspiration, lightness, good spirits, energy - these are the first impressions made by Ring Studios. In high-class, distinctive rooms measuring a total of 320m², clients can produce undisturbed in a unique and stylish atmosphere. And incidentally, they can also enjoy an excellent espresso or sample the studio's sensationally delicious catering service offering a range of Mediterranean cuisine.
- equipment rent Back to top
711rent Hamburg camera/ accessories photography
711rent is one of the leading professional photography equipment rental companies, supporting productions worldwide with lighting, grip and camera equipment. Stores are located in Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and now Paris.
The new Parisian store is conveniently located and easy to reach, offering the company's renowned service and full range of equipment.
New equipment available in all stores:
- Bron Para 88: The Bron parabolic (88 cm in diameter) is very good for beauty and portrait photography. Compatible with Bron Flash lamps and Bron 800 / 575 HMi systems.
- Arri M40: The Arri Max-Reflector is now available in 2.5- and 4KW versions.
- Canon: The brand new Canon EOS 5D Mark III. 22.3 MP sensor, better filming features, faster auto-focus and six frames per-second that sets a new standard for DSLR cameras.
- Mole Wind Machine: The stylish, powerful and silent Mole Richardson Wind Machine.
Delight Rental Services Berlin Stuttgart & Berlin
Providing maximum support for professional photographers and their productions, Delight Rental Services (DRS) presents the latest camera and light equipment from only the best brands. The company also supplies every essential piece of equipment, from heaters to tents and walkie talkies to ensure a successful, professional shoot.
Delight branches can be found in Berlin and Stuttgart.
Latest Arrivals: Canon EOS C300, Nikon D4, Leica M9 Noctilux, underwater housing for Speedlight.
Visit the website for the company's full range of new tools.