showcase germany issue 352 Jun 2012Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
Take a look at our recommended events held in the upcoming months:
- Fashion Week Berlin, 3rd - 8th July.
- Bread & Butter - The Rock, 4th - 6th July.
- Ray Fotografieprojekte "Making History" (photography, video, film) at the MMK, Frankfurter Kunstverein, until 8th July.
- Wim Wenders "Places, strange and quite", Hamburg Sammlung Falckenberg, until 5th August.
Our cover image was shot by Marguerite Oelofse.
- photo agents
Gudrun Hamann Hamburg photo agents
Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a Hamburg-based photo production company and agency for fashion photographers.
With a focus on fashion photography, the company represents Sandra Weimar, Barbara Maurer, Torsten Ruppert, Wolfgang Stauber, and Alexander Frank.
Clients also rely on Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production for casting and model booking for women, men, lingerie and kids, as well as photo shoot organisation.
With 15 years of experience and close partnerships with modelling agencies, hair and make-up artists, stylists, foreign production companies and skilled photographers, Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a solid full service partner for photo productions anywhere in the world.
Be sure to check out the company's new website.
Marion Eckhardt Photographers Hamburg photo agents
Marion Eckhardt Photographers' latest addition is Hamburg and Berlin-based photographer Kristin Schnell. Kristin specialises in people, kids and portraiture. Her clients include McDonald's, Meica, NUK, and Fitz/Haba Group. Featured in this Showcase is a selection of her latest personal work.
Recent work from Marion Eckhardt Photographers includes:
- Hamburg and Paris-based photographer Götz Göppert shot a portrait of spectators in Bonneville in front of their vans.
- New York-based photographer Mike Ruiz did a space shoot with model Amanda Schmidt.
- New York-based photographer Bruce Soyez-Bernard completed a shoot for Schuhverliebt magazine. The motto was 'Studio 54', in which Bruce ingeniously converted the Baby Doll Studio into the infamous Studio 54 of the 1970s.
- Berlin-based Sven Görlich did a shoot that included a poster with famous football trainer Juergen Klopp for Philips. He also completed a shoot for Bepanthen.
- Munich-based photographer Gabor Geissler did more personal work showing dogs in nature enjoying their "leisure time".
- Nuremberg-based photographer Olaf Tiedje did a campaign for dm under the title 'Familienwochen'.
- Cologne-based photographer Valéry Kloubert shot a portrait of astrounaut Alexander Gerster for Focus magazine at the ESA training centre where he is preparing for a space flight scheduled for May 2014.
Agentur Neubauer Munich photo agents
After a very successful spring 2012, recent work from the Agentur Neubauer photographers includes:
- Michael Munique (Munich) - Mario Gomez for Boss.
- Bernd Opitz (Hamburg) - Esprit Home and Buschjäger.
- Ben Ullmann (Paris) - Voile.
- Matthias Ziegler (Munich) - Deutsche Bank Geschäftsbericht 2011.
- Thomas Hoeffgen (NYC) - New York Red Bulls' Thierry Henry and Timberland Kids.
- Andy Tan (Amsterdam) - Monta.
- Myrzik und Jarisch (Munich) - Dawn.
Martin Bauendahl Hamburg fashion photographers
Martin Bauendahl was born in 1970 in Cologne, Germany. He has been taking photos since the age of 15 and began his professional career shooting for the music industry.
Martin opened his own studio at 22 and shot commercial work for 10 years. Since 2001, he has focused on fashion and beauty, shooting in LA, NYC, Paris, Moscow, Berlin, Barcelona, Warsaw, Istanbul, and many more locations.
He is currently based in Europe.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Kids photographer Sabine Duerichen has spent the past few months working hard in and around Munich. She also dedicated a lot of time working for different creative editorial stories, including the images featured in this Showcase that were shot in www.skyloftstudio.com.
Visit her website for more information.
Karl Kramer Munich fashion photographers
For his latest beauty and beach shoot, Karl Kramer took his team to the beautiful Balan studio of Kai Hertzke.
Karl shot with Megan Hind and Kristina Guenther, courtesy of Babak of Modelwerk, Hamburg. Styling: Sibylle Oberschelp, Phoenix. Hair and make-up: Aysu.
Products from: Schiesser, Gottex, Fraeulein Annie, Seafolly, La Perla, Marion Mehlhorn, Rosa Feia, Roesch, Billabong, Eniqua, Skiny, Sunflair, Insight, Aubade, Wolfort, Je Suis, Falke, Triumph and Jockey.
Markus Hintzen Frankfurt advertising photographers
Markus Hintzen is a Frankfurt-based photographer specialised in people, architecture, travel and landscape images. He works worldwide for advertising, magazines and annual reports.
His clients include advertising agencies such as Ogilvy, Saatchi&Saatchi, Publicis, McCann Erickson, J.W. Thompson and many others.
He regularly works for magazines including Stern, Die Zeit, Der Spiegel, Manager Magazine, Automotive Agenda and Wirtschaftswoche.
Nino Gehrig Berlin people & lifestyle photographers
Nino Gehrig, temporarily based in Berlin during the summer, completed personal work about the next generation "Eco Boomers", loosely defined as those under the age of 21. The project was shot in the beautiful green areas of Berlin.
Kai Schwabe Hamburg food & drink photographers
Around two decades ago, photographer Kai Schwabe turned his passion for exciting perspectives into a career. He has since been creating convincing visual concepts and continues to show clients new paths - after all, nothing is more tempting than the unusual!
Kai’s speciality is still life photography, like the series of Turkish recipes and moods featured in this Showcase. For the food industry, Kai and his well-coordinated team of stylists have been successfully composing stills and packaging shots. As a food photographer he has gained a nationwide reputation, with numerous established industry names appreciating the professional and on-time handling of his studio, including Philadelphia, Du Darfst, Nordsee, Frosta, Kraftfoods, Nestlé and many more.
Lutz Duerichen Munich fashion photographers
Latest News from Munich-based photographer Lutz Duerichen:
- "Toy Story" lingerie editorial, shot in his rental studio SKYLOFTSTUDIO. Styling: Oliver Rauh. Hair and make-up: Susanne Stelzl. Model: Jeanna Krichel.
On-going productions include people shoots for DAB Bank, beauty work for Annemarie Börlind, and many others. Visit his website for more information.
Ingrid von Hoff Hamburg still life photographers
Ingrid von Hoff is an acclaimed food photographer, but thanks to her stills, interiors and people photography she demonstrates a broad professional competence. Across all her genres of photography, she is known for the calmness and precision of her compositions.
Her studio, complete with kitchen and props, is located in Hamburg City, close to the famous “Schanze”.
Clients include Tchibo GmbH, Unilever Deutschland GmbH ,Kraft Foods Deutschland GmbH, Maggi-Nestlé Deutschland AG, Meine-Hanse (Testimonial Carolin Fortenbacher), Dr. C. Soldan - SOLDAN Holding + Bonbonspezialitäten GmbH.
M17creativestudios Nuremberg Photography + Rental Studios
M17CreativeStudios offer an all-round service for advertising photography as well as rental studios, rental equipment and event locations.
Several photographer teams and a crew of set designers, photo assistants, stylists, programmers and graphic artists realise the visions of clients in the field of advertising, business and industry, from photography to postproduction.
4 studios, on 3000m2 of space both inside and outside, offer ideal conditions for small and large photography, film and TV productions. The larger studio, measuring 560m2 with 8.25m ceiling height, can be used by cars and trucks. One studio is equipped with state-of-the-art robot technology for 360° photography and 3D stereoscopic shots.
With their know-how and the hire of camera and light systems of well-known manufacturers, the M17Studios support professional production teams.
- photo production
7 Seas Productions Munich photo production
7 Seas Productions is a German venture that offers advertising and fashion production services everywhere but Germany! The company provides “Made in Germany” quality to productions from Europe or the US, recommending itself not only to business clients but also to fellow production companies looking for resourceful partners abroad.
Founded 13 years ago by head producer Chris Bengsch and with local offices now in Nice, Buenos Aires, Havana and Cartagena, 7 Seas offers the best of both worlds: local staff and international expertise, following summer - and sometimes winter! - around the globe in the process.
The company's recently re-launched website offers an extensive location database, enabling clients to check in advance whether a country and its respective locations suit the project's demands.
Recent productions include Eddie Bauer USA (in Argentina), Elle France (in Cartagena, Colombia), Cellbes Sweden (in Cuba), and Mercedes Benz Germany (in France).
AprilMay Berlin photo production
AprilMay is a full service photo production agency based in Berlin offering art buying, location booking, casting and all kinds of production services.
Latest projects include Otto, Skiny Lingerie, Gerry Weber campaign, Deichmann campaign, Madeleine catalogue, Ana Alcazar campaign, Sportalm catalogue, Cover Magazine, Intersport, Kunert, Cybex, High Snobiety, Qvest, Fault Magazine, Tigerhill, Die Presse, Quality Magazine, Bold Magazin, The Australian, First Magazine, Carl Gross, Club of Gents, Maxi and Gala.
AprilMay also works with the following photographers:
Tim Petersen, Lado Alexi, Neil Kirk, Graham Shearer, Ronald Dick, Sara Wilson, Sacha Höchstetter, Christian Anwander, Gregor Hohenberg, Sandra Weimar, André Reinke, Nicolas Kantor, Mario Gomez, Heiko Richard, Fritz Hauswirth, Darius Ramazani, Daniella Midenge and many more.
bigshrimp Hamburg + Berlin photo production
Throughout the first half of 2012, Hamburg and Berlin based full service production company bigshrimp has been fully booked with productions, castings and location scouting assignments for clients ranging from the fashion industry to the banking sector, home entertainment, airline companies and more.
bigshrimp continued to work with its comprehensive modelling pool, with many new faces signing to the roster including people talents, actors, dancers and professional athletes.
bigshrimp also offers three fully equipped studio options in the centre of Berlin.
LUNIK Berlin photo production
Based in Berlin, Lunik is a full service production company for domestic and international shoots. Services include photo and film productions, location scouting and casting worldwide as well as location permits and logistics, transport and accommodation, prop organization, catering, production management, equipment rental and production services.
Recent productions include:
- Telekom ‘Mobiles Internet’ campaign with Alexandra Maria Lara, shot in Capetown by Photographer Özgür Albayrak, represented by Emeisdeubel.
- eBay spring summer collection with Anda&Masha representing the MeinMix campaign, shot by Joel Rhodin, represented by Agent Bauer.
- DHL-Paket campaign by Murat Aslan, represented by UPFRONT.
- Sparkasse campaign ‘Privatkredit’ shot in Berlin by Gregor Collienne, represented by Birgit Stöver.
- Telekom ‘Pad-Offensive’ by Markus Rössle, represented by Bernd Molzahn, shot in Berlin.
- Intel ‘B2B Creative System International’ campaign, shot in Berlin by Michael Schoenfeld.
Apple, BMW, C1000, Cosmos Direkt, Deutsche Telekom, DHL, eBay, Entega, Intel, JFK Magazine, Mercedes Benz, Rammstein, Reebok, Sparkasse, Wernesgrüner and ZDF
Groh Locations Berlin location service and scouts
Groh Locations made a strong start to 2012 and it looks like it will be another record-breaking year for the company.
The firm will soon open two new offices in Hamburg and Munich, while in July the team will be supporting shows at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin for clients including Hamburg fashion label Hummel.
Advertising support continues to be a strong part of the business, with recent work for Bounty, Pril, Ariel/Procter & Gamble, VARTA, Getty Images and BMW.
Groh Locations is currently working with RTL on a new top-secret TV show - more details to follow!
ZLOCATIONZ Berlin location service and scouts
"We scout, you choose. We produce, you create."
With a location library containing more then 6000 locations and over 10 years of production experience, zlocationz is a great resource for productions in Berlin.
Recent projects included:
- Passion. Director: Brian de Palma, Integral Film.
- Ein Sommer im Elsass. Director: Michael Keuch, Rowboat Film.
- Tom Sawyer. Director: Hermine Huntgeburth, Neue Schönhauser Filmproduktion.
- German Goethe Institut commercial, Schokolade Filmproduktion.
- SSD Angels - Samsung, The Viral Factory London (production service).
- Hornbach campaign for Heimat Werbeagentur, photographer Markus Müller.
- post production
die bildproduktion Hamburg + Berlin Postproduction + CGI
die bildproduktion is based in Hamburg and Berlin and consists of a committed team of illustrators, post- and CGI operators. The team can achieve a successful symbiosis of creative post production and technical know-how, paying great attention to the images and placing high demands on its own work. Over recent years, die bildproduktion has focused on composing, look development and CGI across cars, beauty and fashion, still life and food.
In addition to on-location services using the newest techniques and offering individual customer support, die bildproduktion works tirelessly to offer professional solutions for all new challenges.
Recent work includes:
- Axe 'hair‘ CGI. Agency: Dokyo GmbH. Client: Unilever.
- V-I-Poker 'Soccer Charity'. Agency: Hello White Parrot. Client: V-I-Poker.de. Photographer: Tobias Habermann.
- BMW Magazin 01/2012. Agency: ringzwei. Client: Hoffmann & Campe Verlag. Photographer: Kai-Uwe Gundlach.
- Hornbach 'Gebrauchsanweisung'. Agency: Heimat Berlin. Client: Hornbach Baumarkt AG. Photographer: Ragnar Schmuck. Illustration: Viktor Koen.
- Ben & Jerry's. Agency: DOKYO GmbH. Photographer: Bernd Ebsen.
- Hornbach 'Jede Veränderung braucht einen Anfang'. Agency: Heimat Berlin. Client: Hornbach Baumarkt AG. Photographer: Maak Roberts.
- Grazia 'Editorial'. Client: Klamb-Style-Verlag. Photographer: Gunther Intelmann.
- Mercedes Magazine 01/2012'. Client: Condé Nast Verlag. Photographer: Mart Trautmann.
ckgraphic / Claudia Kupp Dusseldorf creative post production
"One-of-a-kind as opposed to one in a million..."
Trusted by an impeccable list of clients across multiple industries, Claudia Kupp merges highly intuitive pixeltuning with many years of experience and expertise.
Over the course of her recent projects, Claudia translated her clients' ideas for various campaigns into her post production work, gaining enthusiasm for her contribution. Print motifs for Kia Rio carried Innocean Worldwide Frankfurt onto the shortlist for this year's Cannes Press Lions.
Featured in this Showcase is a selection of ckgraphic's latest work:
- Peugeot Avenue Magazine. Agency: Indigo. Client: Peugeot. Photographer: Christian Thomas.
- Hyundai i20 and ix35 campaigns. Agency: Innocean Worldwide. Client: Hyundai.
- Kia Rio ads. Agency: Innocean Worldwide. Client: Kia.
- Osma broschure. Photographer: Jens Schenk. Client: Osma Aufzüge.
- SEW ads. Agency: Ogilvy & Mather. Photographer: Berthold Litjes. Client: SEW.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg + Duesseldorf Postproduction + CGI
Photographer Steffen Jahn shot press release images of the brand new BMW Zagato. The challenge for [zerone] was to finish the retouching on more than 50 visuals in just six working days.
The landscapes and spherical footage for the BMW i8 Concept Spyder campaign were shot by photographer Simon Puschmann. He also supervised the visualisation of the 3D-generated car as well as the final retouching. In this particular case, [zerone] was in charge of the data conversion and preparation to make the CAD data useable in order to achieve a photo-realistic production.
For client ThyssenKrupp Elevators, the Panama agency collaborated with [zerone] to create a catalogue for the new 'Evolution Blue' product line. In addition to the print material, [zerone] also took care of visuals and animation for the interactive presentation software.
- digital capture
Digirox Berlin digital capture
Digirox is a digital photographic support based in Berlin that works nation- and worldwide. With a wide range of equipment that is always up-to-date in terms of technology and software, Digirox provides a fast and secure workflow that meets all of a photographer's needs. Providing not only the best camera and software systems, Digirox also guarantees the best possible expertise and workflow for every type of production.
Be sure to check out the company's brand new website.
Recent productions include:
- Actress Halle Berry shot by Ruven Afanador for Deichmann in Berlin.
- Cover shoot and editorial for TUSH shot by Txema Yeste.
- Vera Mont campaign with Hans van Brakel in Berlin.
- Catalogue shoot in Columbia with Blasius Erlinger for Peruvian Connection.
- Summer 2012 campaign for Ann Christine shot by Michael Munique in Berlin.
- Campaign for Faber shot by Blasius Erlinger in Munich.
- Advertising campaign for Sat.1 with Alexandra Neldel shot by Nela König.
- Allianz Advertising campaign shot by Tim Adler.
- MEXX campaign shot by Andreas Öhlund.
- Campaign for New Yorker shot by Kay Blaschke.
CURVE RIDERS Hamburg digital capture
During 2011/2012 CURVE RIDERS established two new departments to accompany its digital photographic support; CR Post Production and CR Movie.
As Head of CR Post Production, Frank Hoppler implemented several jobs including the Sanwald figure for Jann Klee and various spreads for Philipp Rathmer and Maxi Magazine, amongst many others. Frank has vast experience in post production and retouching. After studying photo design he worked as an assistant for a range of photographers and soon began retouching and providing digital support as a freelancer.
He lived in Cape Town for five years, gaining important operational experience in starting and leading a post production company before returning to Germany in 2011. This is why he is the perfect candidate for CURVE RIDERS and their clients. On top of all this, Frank was announced “Winner of the Silver Spätzlehobel” - needless to say, he is originally from southern Germany!
The CR Movie division completed 'making of' productions with photographer Magnus Gerwien for Taifun and Samoon, both Gerry Weber brands, filming in Palm Springs and Hamburg.
- styling, hair, makeup
Jennifer Hahn Berlin fashion stylists
Latest jobs and projects from Jennifer Hahn:
- Harper's Bazaar (HK) with photographer Dirk Messner.
- Several editorials for Insitute Magazine with following photographers: Lado Alexi, Felix Glasmeyer, Patrick Houi, Andra.
- Quality with photographer Dirk Messner.
- Zink with photographer Alex Trommlitz.
- Quality (cover) with photographer Arcin Sagdic.
- Fashion Daily with photographer Patrick Walter.
- GZ Live with photographer Bernd Westphal.
- Highsnobiety with photographer Robert Wunsch.
- Happinez with photographer Shirin Ourmutchi.
Latest advertising jobs included Schauma, Belmondo, Modehaus Fischer, Mobel Hubner with celebrity Désirée Nick, H&M (advertorial), Cotton USA, BVG, Westend61, FDP, ZMG, LOOX, CCC, and more.
Jennifer is represented by Bigoudi.
- models, actors, casting
Elbmodels Hamburg + Munich people models
Latest news from Elbmodels:
- Disco girl Jennifer shot with Kalle Schumacher in Hamburg.
- Mario Kersten tested with the wonderful Juliana in classy surroundings.
- Gerhard Linnekogel booked Resy for Lufthansa 747 Business Class.
- Andreas is the new face for Schauma Silver Reflex by Schwarzkopf.
- Barbara had a good shoot for Cover Magazine with the famous Billy&Hells in Berlin.
Visit the website to check the full portfolio.
- rental studios
Studio Chérie Berlin rental studios
Located in the lovely and creative district of Berlin Neukölln, Studio Chérie is a new photo studio: one in which clients can both work and feel at home at the same time.
The 200m² third-floor studio covers all the needs of a professional facility, particularly for the world of fashion and beauty thanks to a large double infinity curve and make-up and styling area.
Chérie is a warm studio with the charm of a loft apartment, with its comfortable living room, modern kitchen and exclusive bathroom all benefiting from beautiful natural light throughout the day. In 2013, the fourth-floor 150m² loft apartment will be available as an additional working and/or living space. Both floors can be accessed via elevator.
Chérie also offers full production services including studio rental, equipment booking, casting, location scouting, technical assistance and catering.
- equipment rent
Delight Rental Services Berlin - Stuttgart camera/ accessories photography
Providing maximum support for professional photographers and their productions, Delight Rental Services (DRS) presents the latest camera and light equipment from only the best brands. The company also supplies every essential piece of equipment, from heaters to tents and walkie talkies to ensure a successful, professional shoot.
Delight branches can be found in Berlin and Stuttgart.
Latest Arrivals: Canon EOS C300, Nikon D4, Leica M9 Noctilux, underwater housing for Speedlight.
Visit the website for the company's full range of new tools.
Dedo Weigert Film Munich manufacturer + reseller
Dedo Weigert Film is one of the world's leading precision lighting instrument manufacturers and distributors for film, photo, video equipment and accessories.
Dedo Weigert is a cinematographer, CEO and company founder, not to mention friend of many of the industry's titans, including Dante Spinotti, Steven Poster, Jolio Makat, Jürgen Jürges, Tom Stern and Doug Trumbull.
As well as being respected, liked and awarded (with both a Scientific and Engineering Award from the Oscar's Committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and an Emmy Award from The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences), he actively invents and advances professional film, photo and video equipment.
MBF Filmtechnik Hamburg -Frankfurt - Berlin - camera/ accessories cinema
MBF Filmtechnik GmbH is a professional rental house offering high-end equipment for film and photo productions. Operating for over 30 years, the company now works with around 35 employees across three stores located in Frankfurt/Main, Hamburg and Berlin. MBF has enjoyed working on many international projects involving different challenges, creating new solutions and tools.
Clients are guaranteed the newest equipment, cameras, lighting gear, and more.
Visit the website for more information.
711rent Hamburg - Frankfurt - Duesseldorf - Amsterdam - Paris Equipment rent
711rent is one of the leading professional photography equipment rental companies, supporting productions worldwide with lighting, grip and camera materials.
New in the product range is the Canon C-300, fitting all EF-mount lenses. Together with our Zacuto Scorpion rig which features lots of accessories and ergonomic adjustable shoulder support, it's one of the best camera-rig systems on the market available for all DSLR and C300 bodies.
The Zacuto electronic viewfinder (EVF) features an onboard monitor with focus control. With integrated HDMI switch and focus support (peaking and zebra), it runs on E6 Canon batteries.
Available for still photography and filming are the Zeiss ZE manual focus Lenses from 21mm to 85mm.
The new Briese modules 85 and 96 are especially suitable for sun-similar effects and displaying structures through their brilliance. They can also be used with the Briese HMI System. The new silver inlay of the Focus.2 140 and Focus.2 180 are especially heat resistant and brilliant for light modelling.
711rent stores are located in Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and, most recently, Paris. The new Parisian store is conveniently located and easy to reach, offering the company's renowned service and full range of equipment.
prolightrent Hamburg Equipment Rent
prolightrent, one of the leading rental companies in Hamburg, is permanantly adding new equipment, with latest products including:
- Computers freshly updated with Photoshop 6, Lightroom 4 and Capture One Pro.
- Canon 5D Mark III with battery grip.
- Nikon D800 with battery grip, PC-E 24mm Shift and 2,8/300mm VR II.
- GoPro Hero 2 with many accessories, including wrist housing, head strap, suction cup mount and many more.
- Several Phase One backs for Hasselblad H and Phase One 645DF.
- Hasselblad HTS Tilt-/Shift Adapter (can be used with H4x and Phase One backs).
- Bron Para 88.
Visit the website or call direct for further information.