showcase germany issue 362 Sep 2012Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Germany, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the German visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
We have worked hard all summer and are now proud to unveil our new website! It features a beautiful 'facelift', amazing member galleries and improved navigation to make your Production Paradise experience even better!
We are currently at Photokina in Cologne from 18th - 23rd September. Photokina will be presenting CGI as a special feature this year and our German team will be in the middle of all the events in CGI area in Hall 4.1.
- 5th European Month of Photography, Berlin, 19th October - 25th November.
- photo agents
Gudrun Hamann Hamburg photo agents
Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a Hamburg-based photo production company and agency for fashion photographers.
With a focus on fashion photography, the company represents Sandra Weimar, Barbara Maurer, Torsten Ruppert, Wolfgang Stauber, and Alexander Frank.
Clients also rely on Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production for casting and model booking for women, men, lingerie and kids, as well as photo shoot organisation.
With 15 years of experience and close partnerships with modelling agencies, hair and make-up artists, stylists, foreign production companies and skilled photographers, Gudrun Hamann Photography & Production is a solid full service partner for photo productions anywhere in the world.
Marion Eckhardt Photographers Hamburg photo agents
Latest news from Marion Eckhardt Photographers:
- Olaf Tiedje shot the beauty product line for dm in southern Germany and Austria through agency Weitclick. Olaf also shot for Globus.
- Valéry Kloubert shot a selection of craftsmen for Hornbach. He also works regularly for Randstad, shooting portraits of employees for recruitment purposes, and shoots celebrity portraits for DKMS (German Bone Marrow Donor Centre).
- Kristin Schnell shot a campaign for McDonald's Happy Meal.
- Personal work by Gabor Geissler who specialises in animal and people photography.
- Götz Göppert completed personal work with motorcycles, publishing it on French website 4h10. He also works regularly for German pantyhose manufacturer NurDie/Elbeo.
- Celebrity, fashion and beauty photographer Mike Ruiz did a luxurious, baroque-esque shoot for Prestige Magazine.
- Beauty, hair and fashion photographer Bruce Soyez-Bernard did a very sexy shoot 'for Kurv magazine (September 2012) with model Sasha.
- Sven Görlich shot for the new Schwäbisch Hall campaign with agency Ogilvy & Mather, Frankfurt. Among others, he also worked for Bayer/ Bepanthen, Iglo/Chicken Nuggets, Maggi, Philips Male Grooming Campaign and Yokebe/ Laktostop.
Agentur Neubauer Munich photo agents
Amongst other work, featured in this Showcase is a selection of latest productions from Agentur Neubauer photographers:
- Matthias Ziegler (Munich) - Bobby Dekeyser for German Vogue.
- Bernd Opitz (Hamburg) - Esprit Home Collection 2012.
- Michael Munique (Munich) - 'Darling' for Cocoon Magazine.
- Andy Tan (Amsterdam) - Cold Method campaign A/W12.
- Thomas Hoeffgen (NY) - Timberland.
- Ben Ullmann (Munich) - STNTN look-book.
- Sandra Seckinger (Munich) - Penaten.
- Myrzik und Jarisch (Munich) - Lamborghini Urus for Audi Technologie Magazin.
- photo stock agency
Depositphotos.com Berlin Photo Stock Agency
Depositphotos is the fastest-growing stock photo agency in the world. Currently, it offers over 9 million stock photographs and vector images sold under royalty-free licenses. The stock photo library is increased daily by thousands of images, carefully screened and selected by moderators.
Flexible payment options and favourable terms make Depositphotos the most convenient and profitable tool for everyone who works with images and creates unforgettable visual content.
The company is headquartered in Florida, USA, and has business offices in Germany, Great Britain, Ukraine and Russia.
Christian Thomas Berlin people & lifestyle photographers
Christian Thomas is a people and portraiture photographer based in his hometown Berlin. He has worked professionally in the industry for over 20 years and regularly travels around the world, shooting in locations as diverse as Sardinia and Los Angeles.
Christian describes his work as "the attempt to capture people how they really are." Instead of generating a concept in advance, Christian feels most comfortable working in the moment, letting the small realities of life speak through his imagery as a shoot unfolds. He enjoys the spontaneity it brings, enabling him to interact with great ease and ingenuity.
Although he enjoys studio work he prefers the flexibility of shooting on location where he can create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere on set. When not working on portraits, Christian focuses on lifestyle and car photography, producing work for agencies that furthers his natural, flexible and fresh approach. He also concentrates on his ongoing personal project, capturing images of The Nihang Warriors.
Clients include BVG, FDP, DELL, Peugeot, Telekom, Diners Club, Citroën, IMG, MAN, Marriott, Steigenberger, Vattenfall, and Air Berlin, amongst others. Over the years he has curated several highly-acclaimed exhibitions of his work and also won the Canon Professional Photo Award.
Marc Oeder Munich advertising photographers
Known for his dynamic photography and an ability to communicate atmosphere, soul and emotion, Marc Oeder is able to motivate and focus on the essentials. His functional brilliance combined with long experience complete the picture and allow for high quality results.
Maintaining a studio and base in Munich, Marc mostly works on location. His focus is on people, lifestyle and sports photography for clients including Allgäu, Allianz, Audi Magazine, Commerzbank, Das Örtliche, Deutsche Telekom, Footlocker, Gerolsteiner, Intel, Kaufhof, Lavazza, Mercedes-Benz Bank, Microsoft, Rodenstock, Salomon-Adidas, Sennheiser, Siemens, Tele 5, WeightWatchers and Wrigley.
Advertising agencies with which he has collaborated include argonauten G2 München, Atletico Berlin, BUTTER Werbeagentur Düsseldorf, F&H Public Relation München, Fischer Appelt München, Heye München, kl,ondike München, McCann Erickson Düsseldorf, PERGER & BERGER München, Publicis Erlangen, Publicis München, Selby & Co. Hamburg, Serviceplan München and Wächter & Wächter München.
Stefan Schütz Munich people & lifestyle photographers
Stefan Schütz is a Munich-based people and sports photographer who combines his passion for sports, travel and adventure with photography all around the world.
For the Mizuno running shoe campaign Stefan worked with sports people in the studio in Munich.
Microsoft booked him for the Internet Explorer Safety Campaign with model Safiyah Fadai, Vice European Kendo champion.
The worldwide Gore-Tex campaign was shot in Spain, Germany and Austria.
Commerz Finanz did another shoot with Stefan for their latest people campaign.
Sabine Duerichen Munich children photographers
Latest news from Munich-based baby and kids photographer Sabine Duerichen:
- Eltern Magazine, September 2012. Babies shot on location at SKYLOFTSTUDIO.
- Fairytale production for the Munich designer couple Märchenwerkstatt.
- HIPP shoot 'Bio-Mandelöl' for mother and child.
Visit the website for more information.
Christoph Siegert Hamburg advertising photographers
Recent work from Christoph Siegert featured this Showcase:
The new Hamburg S-Bahn image campaign. For the current motifs handball world champion Pascal Hens, among others, stood in front of the camera. Together with the Hamburg-based agency Scholz and Friends Neumarkt, Christoph developed 19 motifs with everyday S-Bahn scenes shot in his typically sunny lifestyle manner.
- Christoph photographed the national image campaign for Deutsche Bahn's Regio bus lines in Berlin. For the shoot, two 30-ton tour buses meant several streets in the city centre had to be closed off to traffic. The supporting agency was Scholz and Friends Berlin.
- The new Hamburg S-Bahn image campaign. For the current motifs handball world champion Pascal Hens, among others, stood in front of the camera. Together with the Hamburg-based agency Scholz and Friends Neumarkt, Christoph developed 19 motifs with everyday S-Bahn scenes shot in his typically sunny lifestyle manner.
Ralph Richter Photodesign Dusseldorf advertising photographers
Ralph Richter, architecture, transportation, advertising and CGI specialist recently signed up with Production Paradise.
Even during his early student years, Ralph combined his passion for photography and architecture, beginning his career with a stunning photo documentation of the Moscow Underground. He has been working as an established photographer in Dusseldorf since 1989, complimenting his architectural photography with car and advertising imagery.
His latest assignment from Leo Burnett for FIAT led him to Italy where he photographed catalogue images of the new FIAT 500 Gamma. The post production was done under Ralph's supervision at his Dusseldorf studio. Photos will be available soon.
Ralph is currently working on a campaign with DUPONT (Automotive Paint & Coatings) for which he was assigned as CD and photographer. His ideas will be realised through his own post production and twister-cgi.com CGI team, showcasing shapes and colours created through special software.
Harry Vorsteher Dusseldorf fashion photographers
Harry Vorsteher is based in Dusseldorf and works for international clients worldwide, both commercially and editorially.
Taking natural and individual images is his main motivation. The results are characterised by his unique sensitivity and creativity, striving for the perfect moment, frozen into the one picture.
Visit his website for more information.
- photo production
bigshrimp fotoproduktion Berlin - Hamburg photo production
bigshrimp proudly presents a new corporate design. The first make over is shown on the re-designed webpage: a shake-up of the company's holistic design includes a new logo, type-font and restored features. bigshrimp has also designed refreshing talent composite cards for its more than 1,000 active talents.
bigshrimp has retouched, re-designed and refined within the last few months to not only give talents a contemporary face but also offer clients a much better, faster and more comfortable service. bigshrimp's key focus remains photo production, casting, talent pool and location services, as well as three fully-equipped Berlin rental studios.
Recent clients include Malaysian Airlines, Olay, Samsung, Elle UK, Gigaset, Ikea, Audi, Ernsting's Family, Krups and Statoil.
Kimia Productions Berlin - Barcelona photo production
The perfect combination: three full service agencies under one roof, delivering excellent value and service to clients for photo production, event production and modelling services.
Kimia Productions has had operations in Barcelona, Berlin and Muenster for over six years and has produced photo shoots and events throughout Germany and Spain. Kimia’s Model & People Agency offers value-added, efficient and convenient services such as video castings and fittings, with no agency fee for its full-service production and event clients.
"Whatever you needs or desires, we deliver them with passion, taking care of every detail meticulously."
Clients include brands such as Vodafone, Zalando, NIKE-iD, REEF, Converse, Wrangler, GUESS, Nestlé, etnies, Red Bull, Scotch & Soda, Grayling, and many more.
Production Berlin Berlin - Paris photo production
Production Berlin is a high-grade, full-service photo production company with experience in international and domestic projects with headquarters in Berlin and Paris.
Latest projects include:
- Salvatore Ferragamo FW 2012/13 campaign starring Kate Moss by Mikael Jansson, shot in Berlin.
- Interview Magazine starring Doutzen Kroes, shot in NYC.
- Marie Claire magazine shot in Paris.
The company brings a personalised, boutique approach to photography, film and event production for fashion, advertising and arts clients. Specialised in scouting exclusive locations, casting, studio rental, equipment booking, technical assistance and catering, Production Berlin offers a responsive and individual approach to each production.
Clients include Telekom, Recaro, Mini, Schwarzkopf, Stihl, Sky, Nike, BMW, Adidas, Nokia, Smart Brabus, V Magazine, Wall Street Journal Magazine and Vogue.
Visit their website for the company's Parisian services.
KGB Locationservice Berlin Berlin location service and scouts
08.49 pm. It's a wrap.
Location left clean and paid for. Hero car in shelter. Models in taxi. Photographer at the bar.
Client happy. Mission completed. Business as usual since 1989.
"We make pictures possible!"
- film production companies
V8FILMS.COM Berlin commercial production
Combining film-makers' creativity with a sharp documentary eye is what defines V8FILMS.COM. The Berlin-based production company was founded by Sven Hoffmann in 1999 and has achieved exceptional results across commercials and corporate documentaries through its roster of outstanding directors.
Benedict Campbell produces images for many of the world’s leading brands. As director/DOP, Benedict’s films for Harley Davidson USA, Café Cowboy and The Wall of Death are unsurpassed. He is exclusively represented by V8FILMS.COM.
Director Axel Baur is renowned for commercials for clients such as Vodafone, Escada, MoneyGram, Morgan Roadster, Sony, Procter&Gamble, Pireaus Bank, Subaru, Braun and Desperados.
Portuguese commercial director M.I.R has shot for Coca-Cola, AMCV, Cofidis and Allianz.
- Award-winning director/DOP Christian Pfeil has shot commercials for BMW, PlayStation, Red Bull, Disney, Mercedes, Deutsche Telekom, Adidas, IFAW, Nike and many more.
Visit the website for further information.
- Benedict Campbell produces images for many of the world’s leading brands. As director/DOP, Benedict’s films for Harley Davidson USA, Café Cowboy and The Wall of Death are unsurpassed. He is exclusively represented by V8FILMS.COM.
- post production
insane4frame Munich VFX & production consulting
Insane4frame is a post production facility based in Munich. Catering for all aspects of the post production process, the company offers VFX consulting, design and art direction, data wrangling and back-up, mobile and in-house edit suites (AVID Symphonie), VFX, 2D/3D animation, compositing (Nuke and Flame), and colour grading.
Insane4frame is an integrated part of the preparation process, providing consultation to both creative teams and producers in an effort to optimise quality and respect deadlines and budgets.
The company's leading VFX supervisors, Frank Wegerhoff and Marco Pelzel, worked for many years in leading positions across the visual effects industry before joining insane4frame.
Be sure to visit the recently relaunched website.
nhb Studios Hamburg - Berlin - Dusseldorf POST PRODUCTION
nhb is a full service post production house based in Hamburg, Berlin and Dusseldorf. Since 1986, nhb has constantly moved forward and is now a one-stop shop for the ad industry - a hundred creative people serving creative professionals. nhb specialises in high-end visual effects and audio production for commercials and other digital content.
The studios offer a complete post production service from concept development, art direction, set supervision and colour grading to 3D, VFX and 2D motion graphics and all audio services through to delivery. nhb works for big international brands and consistently supports young talent. The company has received all the important advertising awards.
Latest work includes VFX post production of five films for the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class.
Imagerefinery Hamburg Creative Post Production + CGI
Imagerefinery stands for creative retouching across media boundaries and CGI in all disciplines while reducing production costs and time.
To create new visual worlds the company works with the highest level of technology and artistic expression to produce complex compositions, high-end retouching, entire new looks, illustrative digital artwork and complete CGI. Imagerefinery combines the whole scheme of digital tools to generate every kind of style or visualisation according to clients' specific requirements.
Among others featured in this Showcase, photographer Michael Heinsen from Hamburg worked on personal projects on the island of Mallorca. Atmospheric pictures, short films and a few "moving stills" were created and then processed at Imagerefinery.
[zerone] /cgi Hamburg - Dusseldorf Creative Post Production + CGI
Recent [zerone] /cgi projects featured in this Showcase:
- Olaf Hauschulz shot the new Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake campaign. All landscapes and cars were shot live, with just the white CLS AMG rendered.
- Landscapes and people for the Mercedes-Benz Citan campaign were shot by photographer Anatol Kotte, who also supervised visualisation of the 3D-generated cars. The interior motif is an excellent example of how photographs can mesh with 3D-data. Jogi Löw and selected personal details were shot live, while the car has been rendered.
- Terracotta Warriors in the Grave. This inspiring motif is a personal production by Robert Eickelpoth. The two men with flashlights and torches were photographed, while everything else has been rendered.
- Phillip Schlegel shot images of the new BMW Zagato Roadster. The challenge for [zerone] was to finish the retouching on more than 22 visuals in just five working days.
retouched Hamburg creative post production
Recent work from retouched featured in this Showcase:
- Garnier Ambre Solaire - Photographer: Leo Krumbacher. Agency: Publicis Frankfurt.
- Laurel - Photographer: Leo Krumbacher.
- Toni Gard - Photographer: Sabrina Theissen. Agency: Donkey.
- reputation.com - Photographer: Billy & Hells. Agency: Publicis.
- Retouched Magazine cover - Photographer: Alexander Straulino.
- S Oliver - Photographer: Thomas Schmidt. Agency: TWBA Dusseldorf.
- Eucerin - Photographer: Leo Krumbacher. Agency: DraftFCB.
- Iris von Arnim - Photographer: Leo Krumbacher. Agency: Mutabor.
- digital capture
Digirox Berlin digital capture
Digirox provides full service digital support for photographers. Up-to-date equipment and experienced digital technicians provide an efficient workflow, meeting all the requirements for a high-end photo production.
Recent productions include:
- Summer 2012 campaign for Ann Christine shot by Michael Munique in Berlin.
- New Yorker shoot with Kay Blascke in Hamburg.
- Part of the fall/winter 2012 campaign for s.Oliver shot by Anita Bresser in Berlin.
- Advertising for Michalsky with Michael Michalsky shot by Nela König in Berlin.
- Model Eva Padberg shot by Gavin Bond for Glitz TV in Berlin.
- Catalogue production for Peruvian Connection in southern France shot by Blasius Erlinger.
- Advertising campaign for Graceland shot by Chris Opel in Berlin.
- dpa advertising campaign shot by Peter Funch in Berlin.
Curve Riders Hamburg Digital Support & Post Production
Curve Riders Digital Support has had a busy summer working with various clients, including Magnus Gerwien for Taifun, Sonja Tobias for IKEA, and many others.
The company supported Magnus with its large set and Phase One P65+ for wonderfully sunny shots for Taifun that were used in large-scale during a fashion exhibition to draw visitors to the booth.
For Sonja, who shot the IKEA ads currently on view everywhere in Hamburg in billboard size (3,56m x 2,52m), Curve Riders provided medium set flightrider® and Phase One P65+.
The company also worked for long-term clients Strauss Innovation and Marco Tozzi Shoes.
- styling, hair, makeup
Nici Theuerkauf Berlin props, furnishing, interior stylists
Berlin-based stylist Nici Theuerkauf's recent work included:
- Arne Weychardt for sixx.
- Marcus Höhn for Prosieben Sat 1.
- Rene Hunger and Nico Simmeth for WK Wohnen. Agent: Schirmers.
- Jochen Arndt for Deli Reform. Agent: Butter.
- Gregor Collienne for Berliner Sparkasse.
- Cristoph Riccius for Lexware.
- Idris Kolodziej for smart. Agent: BBDO.
Visit her website for more information.
Miriam Jacks Berlin hair and make up artists
Miriam Jacks has been very busy these last few months working on her make-up brush product line JACKS beauty line, starting her second year as national make-up artist for L'Oréal Paris/Germany, and working on several productions for clients including Conleys Magazine, Glamour, L'Oréal, Zalando, and others.
- JACKS beauty line. The Lookbook for Miriam's successful make-up brush line is in print and will be out soon.
- Miriam had the pleasure of working with German supermodel Toni Garrn on the new L'Oréal Elvital TV commercial.
- For Glamour, photographer Patrick Houi shot a beautiful nerd-chic inspired spread with Miriam on the brushes and Gregor Makris on the comb.
- For the latest issue of Conleys Magazine Miriam collaborated with photographer Daniella Midenge for several fashion and beauty spreads.
mklick - Matthias Klemenz Berlin hair and make up artists
Matthias Klemenz is a Berlin-based make-up artist who works for fashion, advertising and kids clients worldwide as well as celebrities including Barbara Schöneberger, Judith Rakers, Christine Neubauer and Sonja Kraus.
Clients include Audi, Renault, Telekom, Homann, Wella, and many more.
He also works on big events in Germany, including Bambi, Echo, Ifa, swr3pop Festival and ESC, amongst others.
Visit his website for more information.
Petra Wiebe Munich Styling - Concept - Production
For the current issue of Equistyle, the cover and two editorial sections were shot in summery Munich by photographer Sara Wilson c/o Helga Schierke. A double delight of Latvian twins, who were provided by Munich Models; one within a boudoir style in an enchanted carousel series with opulent evening gowns, and the other in a British checker look featuring Alice in Ponyland style and a twinkle in the eye.
In Mauritius, Petra and sponsoring partners organised, produced and styled several editorials with Guess model Megan Wiggins and Lucia of Visage Zürich. Polka dots, for whom photographer Frank Wartenberg made a video and Simply Red have been published in the Airport Magazine Zürich and Cocoon magazine. Take a look at the video with behind the scenes footage.
Just outside of Zurich the studio transformed an ice rink and bobsleigh into a St. Moritz alpine setting. Swiss photographer Romeo Mori of Paris once again set the Paul Kehl label within a moody and sensitive atmosphere. The models’ swimmingly luxurious champagne bath created a glorious crowning finale to another wonderfully finished production. A video is also available.
In addition here are the commercial works of the last months including Gil Bret, Vera Mont, Lucia, Thomas Rabe, Elegance, Deichmann and Triumph Pour Moi Japan are also on view.
- equipment rent
Delight Rental Services Berlin - Stuttgart camera/ accessories photography
Providing maximum support for professional photographers and their productions, Delight Rental Services (DRS) presents the latest camera and light equipment from only the best brands. The company also supplies every essential piece of equipment, from heaters to tents and walkie talkies to ensure a successful, professional shoot.
Delight branches can be found in Berlin and Stuttgart. Delight also offers two unique and modern 400m² and 600m² studios in the centre of Berlin.
Recent acquisitions include a Profoto B4 Generator, new Rig Technologies, Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2,8 L II USM, Phase One Schneider Kreuznach 28mm, Phase One Schneider Kreuznach 240mm.
Visit the website for the company's full range of new tools.
- rental studios
Studio Zero-8 Munich rental studios photo
Zero-8 studio is located within the hip 'Meat-packing District' of Munich, only a few minutes from Downtown. Offering up-to-date technical equipment including Hasselblad 50 and 60 MP, Canon and Nikon camera systems, the studio also provides the latest computer peripheries as well as lighting by Briese and Profoto.
Zero-8 can provide experienced photo assistants and digital support staff who assist throughout the shooting process to help clients focus entirely on their pictures. Calibrated monitors as well as graphics programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Aperture, CaptureOne, and many more are also available.
The studio offers a 6m x 9m cove and a well-constructed ceiling rail system. Easy access allows for the delivery of props and vehicles directly on set, while a separate make-up and styling area creates a relaxed atmosphere during a shoot. Additional facilities include a large dining/meeting table, a kitchen and espresso bar, a lavish make-up and styling area, comfortable and variable couches in the studio area, phone and fax, free Wi-Fi, a Bose sound system, and an FTP server.