showcase istanbul issue 151 Mar 2009Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Istanbul, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the latest news from the leading Turkish visual media professionals, with more information available in our Photo and Film directories.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Istanbul International Film Festival, 4th - 19th April. Brand-new productions, unforgettable classics and an elite selection of masterpieces from world famous directors will be screened throughout the festival.
- Istanbul Design Week, 16th - 21st June. The showcase design event has been postponed to a later date this year, giving you plenty of time to check out the cutting edge talent and leading names in advance.
Our cover image was shot by Baris Aktinmaz.
- photo agents
PPR Istanbul Istanbul photo agents
PPR Istanbul recently opened a new company, Ofis Istanbul, to provide production services for photography, TV commercials, music videos, corporate videos and feature films. PPR Istanbul has also extended it's services through the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Talented fashion photographer Matthew Hise recently joined the PPR roster.
Over the past year, the company has worked with TBWA Istanbul, Grey Worldwide Istanbul, Lowe Worldwide Istanbul, Medina Turgul DDB, Alametifarika, Alice/BBDO, Guzel Sanatlar/Saatchi&Saatchi, Y&R Reklam Evi and Rafineri.
PPR will be joining Le Book Connections Paris on 2nd and 3rd of April.
Rpresenter Istanbul photo agents
A pioneer of photographic representation in Turkey, Rpresenter celebrates its tenth year of operation. The agency represents 19 photographers, each of whom are widely acclaimed professionals in their specific fields. Latest projects include:
- Nejat Talas shot an editorial for Trendsetter magazine.
- Akif Hakan Çelebi features in a fashion exhibition in Istanbul.
- Jan Kriwol completed a new campaign for Archive magazine.
- Photographer Mert Dürümolu recently joined the Rpresenter team.
- Nejat Talas worked on the new Harvey Nichols ad campaign.
- Gökhan Ertem shot an editorial for Eve magazine.
- Murat Suyur worked on his still life portfolio.
- Rainer Stratman won the KRMZ Ad Awards with his Mercedes
Collectiff Istanbul photo agents
Collectiff Representation recently completed a variety of different projects for top advertising agencies in Istanbul. Ralph Richter, a leading car and landscape photographer, also joined Collectiff Representation.
- Avea by Bogac Erguvenc for TBWA.
- Karper by Kerem Sanliman for Draft FCB.
- Aygaz Factory by Kerem Sanliman for Demirbag Tasarim.
- Eti Tutku by Metin Bakirkaya for Guzel Sanatlar Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Sevil'in Magazine by Metin Bakirkaya.
- Media Markt by Muammer Yanmaz for Film Doktorlari.
- Turkish Airlines by Bahadir Tanriover for Art Grup.
- The Association of Paint Industry by Candas Arin for Ogilvy & Mather.
Jan Mcgready Istanbul landscape photographers
After completing her training and working as an assistant in the UK, British born photographer Jan McGready took off travelling and ended up in Turkey, where she has been based for the past 15 years.
It's therefore no surprise that Jan specialises in travel and location photography, along with architecture and interiors, all captured using natural Mediterranean light that results in cool, fresh images. She often travels throughout Europe on assignment, working closely with major marketing and advertising clients for their brochure and web based campaigns.
Previous clients have included Price Waterhouse Coopers, American Airlines, major property developers, and many world renowned travel specialists. An on-going current project focuses on the different facets of Turkish life in a local village that will feature in a future book publication.
- film production
CASE PRODUCTIONS Istanbul commercials production
Case Productions, working in conjunction with Kangaroo Advertising Agency, has just completed a commercial for one of the largest and most widely recognised brands in the world.
The company is also proud to have produced another spot for Volkswagen, this time for the luxurious Caravelle model, in collaboration with London based director, Hector Abaunza.
Being one of the only production houses to specialise in sport production, Case frequently works with Red Bull. On this ocassion, the company collaborated with world famous Swiss aerialist, Ueli Gegenschtz, as he completed a base jump off a moving truck over the highest viaduct in Turkey.
Traffic Istanbul commercials production
Traffic is a full service film and line production company. It specialises in pre-production, production and post production of commercials, music videos and documentaries.
Clients include brands such as Unilever, Mey, Boyner, Akbank, Isbankasi and Profilo, and agencies including Euro RSCG, Klan, Lowe, Rafineri and Grey Worldwide, among others.
Dijital Sanatlar Istanbul editing
Latest news from Dijital Sanatlar:
- One of Israel's leading directors, Lior Harlev, has joined the Dijital Sanatlar stable.
- Full 3D jobs for UFO and ETI have been released.
- 'ARA', Dijital Sanatlar's first feature film production, continues to receive awards from the festival circuit.
- hotels and apartments
The Sofa Hotel Istanbul hotels
Located in Nisantasi, the trendiest district of Istanbul, Art 8 Lounge is a special events venue bringing together contemporary art, a unique architectural approach, and individualised service. Art 8 offers guests a selection of delicious flavours, cutting-edge design and a fantastic view of the Bosphorus.
With an outdoor capacity of 400 and an indoor capacity of 200, the venue offers an elegant and stylish atmosphere for events, private celebrations, weddings or business meetings. Specially trained staff, exclusive menus and contemporary art make Art 8 Lounge the premier destination for those who want to add a touch of art to their celebrations. For business meetings and product launches, wireless internet connection, direct phone lines and state-of-the-art technology are provided.
Art 8 Lounge holds a unique place in the contemporary art world, providing prestigious exhibitions and hosting national and international artists and distinctive gallery shows throughout the year. These events are open to all guests of The Sofa Hotel.
Ajia Hotel Istanbul hotels
Recently awarded the 2009 Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence as 'Most Charming Hotel in Europe', A'jia is a distinguished boutique hotel set within a traditional Ottoman mansion that bejewels the Asian shore of the Bosphorus.
With a well appointed contemporary interior design and centuries-old architecture, the hotel oozes trend and excitement. When combined with an extraordinary attention to detail, individual service and a sophisticated yet hip aspect, the hotel experience is simply redefined.
With its 15 rooms featuring breathtaking views over the Bosphorus, A'jia offers a private hideaway with easy access to the historical and cultural attractions of the city beyond. Each room is uniquely designed, furnished and equipped with the latest gadgets and amenities that blend effortlessly with the timeless elegance of the 1800s. The A'jia restaurant is an exclusive venue with a chef more than willing to satisfy gourmet demands. Private events are also a treat, with a unique approach to offering exquisite menus and creative ideas.
Besides frequent flights to Istanbul, crossing between continents is a spectacular experience. Whether guests choose to drive or to take the complimentary A'jia boat shuttle, the journey is a feast for the eyes.