showcase mexico issue 135 Oct 2008Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- World Press Photo 2008, 9th October - 9th November, at the Franz Mayer Museum of Decorative Arts. This year's international touring exhibition attracted a record-breaking 5,000 entrants from 125 countries.
- Panoramica, 23rd September - 14th December, is an initiative of the Tamayo Contemporary Art Museum with the aim of presenting experimental videos by Mexican and international artists.
- The 6th International Jewish Film Festival runs between 23rd October and 9th November.
Our cover photo was shot by Markus Ziegler, represented by Forza Talent.
Forza Talent Mexico City photo agents
Latest news from Forza Talent:
- Photographer Paco Pérez Arriaga demonstrated his creative talent at a shoot for InFashion magazine.
- Mexican photographer Markus Ziegler recently shot fashion stories for InFashion and Harper's Bazaar magazines.
- One of Mexico's leading hair and make-up artists, Carolina Garcia, created the make-up and hair styling for an editorial in InFashion magazine.
Jose Ramon Cagigas Mexico City advertising photographers
José Ramón owns a fully equipped photography studio in which, with the support of a team of highly skilled professionals, there are always several projects under development and in production. His projects mainly focus on photographing automobiles, people and advertising concepts.
Throughout his career, José's work has earned him high recognition which is reflected in awards including the New York Festival prize, two-times finalist at the Golden Lion Awards, and recently the Bronze Lion in Cannes. He was also awarded the Sol de Bronce at the FIAP festival in Buenos Aires.
Alessandro Volpi Mexico City advertising photographers
It has been a remarkable year for Italian photographer Alessandro Volpi. Based in Mexico, Alessandro continues expanding his extensive international experience, shooting either in the studio or on location around the world.
Recent work includes the André Badi catalogue and campaign (shot in Prague and Helsinki); Saks Fifth Avenue Mexico catalogue (New York locations); Tide 'Camaleón' campaign for the US-Hispanic market (locations in Peru); Sears Mexico catalogues and advertising; and on location tourism campaigns for Mexican states Veracruz, Oaxaca and Michoacan.
Edgardo Contreras Mexico City advertising photographers
Born and raised in Mexico City, Edgardo Contreras is part of Luca Producciones. He started photography at the age of 17 with editorial work and ad campaigns. In his 16 years of experience, Edgardo has worked with some of the top agencies for the likes of Levi's, Nike, Coca-Cola, Superior and McDonald's, and for magazines such as Harper's Baazar Mexico, Deep, Quién and others. In the early 90s, he was one of the first photographers in Mexico to make the transition from film to digital. He also does his own retouching.
Luca Producciones aims to cater to every client's needs. From all aspects of pre-production to photography and digital retouching, the company works both nationally and internationally with one of the biggest photography studio spaces in Mexico City.
Luca Producciones is in the process of expanding its operations and this year opened an office in Prague, Czech Republic.
Fernanda Roel Mexico City advertising photographersFernanda Roel was born in México city in 1975. She finished her photography studies in London at The London College of Printing and Distributive Trades in 1998, and has since been living and working in México city as a freelance photographer. She has shot editorial photographs for magazines including Harper's Bazaar (Mexico), Elle (Mexico), Celeste, Spot and Código 06140.
Fernanda has shot ad campaigns for Coca Cola, Volkswagen, Movistar, Televisa, Fashion Week Mexico, BMG, GNP, McDonald's, Roche and Hotel Deseo, among others. She has also worked for record labels including EMI Music, BMG, Noise Lab, Ocesa and Sony in collaboration with a variety of different artists.
She has exhibited her personal work in Mexico at Museo Carrillo Gil, Centro de la Imagen, Museo Experimental el Eco, Galeria Mexicana de Diseño and the Paseo de Reforma. Fernanda is currently working on a photographic book with RM Editorial that will be published in 2009.
- film production companies
Cine Concepto Mexico City commercial production
Cineconcepto Mexico and Miami produces an average of 100 spots per-year and works with award-winning top Directors. Providing full production facilities, Cineconcepto is considered one of the most respected and prestigious film companies in the Mexican and USA Hispanic markets.
Recent highlights include:
- Fred - USA Cellular for the Hispanic market shot in Mexico City, and Nissan cars 'Sweat Drop' that involved dynamic performances and directing know-how. He also completed MTV ONU SIDA 'Staying Alive', an international multi award-winning spot.
- Christian - Latest spot 'Chiapas' portraits the magic and landscape of southern Mexico.
- Gustavo - Shot in Brazil with Samsung using his great knowledge of musicals and Latin rhythms.
Look Models Mexico City fashion models
Look Models Mexico is the official organiser of the most prestigious model search Elite Model Look. The agency's models include:
- Mayra Suarez, who has worked in London, Italy, and Asia and now lives in New York. Her most distinguished works include the cover of Glamour, Vogue Italia and Vanidades Latin America.
- Debora Valdez is an ideal beauty for the Asian market.
- Mariana Herrera, after winning EML in 2004, her career exploded. She was the image of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, and her presence is indisputable on the best catwalks for the likes of Swarovski, Louis Vuitton and Etro. She has modelled in Dubai, Miami and Hong Kong.
- In addition, the agency has been joined by new international model Juan Puccetti who has paraded up and down the catwalks at Milan Fashion Week for Tom Ford. He also completed campaigns for Dior and Kenzo.
Check the Look Models YouTube channel.
Tezca Mexico City restaurants
Tezca is a Mexican restaurant with Basque origins. It's name is inspired by 'Nahuatl' which means 'mirror' or 'shine', two words which describe the gastronomic development of Tezca.
The cuisine 'mirrors' the influence of it's mentor, Juan Mari Arzak, while 'shine' is a summary of the atmosphere created by interior designer Borja Azcárate.