showcase spain issue 109 Mar 2008Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest edition of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. Once again we're excited to be presenting the very best of the Spanish visual media industry and, as usual, more can be found in our city directory.
If you're in Spain over the next couple of months, be sure to check our featured events:
- The 10th edition of the Barcelona Asian Film Festival - BAFF 2008, will take place from 25th April - 4th May.
- Dates are set for the fifth edition of Documenta Madrid, the international festival for documentary films. 2nd - 11th May.
Our cover photo was shot by new talent Inma Varandela, and forms part of an editorial released in Lamono magazine.
TEAM WORKS PRODUCTION Madrid commercials production
Latest news from Team Works Production:
- Hyundai Motor Company - Agency: Innocean Worldwide.
Director: Theresa Wingert. D.O.P.: Henry Lynk. Production: Team
Works/Only Nine to Five.
Team Works began 2008 in the sun on a three-day shoot in some of the most spectacular locations Tenerife has to offer. Models were flown-in from as far away as Dubai, whilst the director of photography was brought from Miami to achieve the desired effects of director, Theresa Wingert.
- Vodafone Spain - Agency: Tapsa. Director: Fernando
Garcia-Ruiz. Production: Only Nine to Five/Team Works.
Just one month after opening new offices in New York, director Fernando Garcia-Ruiz took to the streets of the city with the Spanish clients - moving between avenues and blocking streets for two whole days, all in an attempt to re-create an every-day situation in the heart of The Big Apple. Much of the postproduction work was completed in Spain, the results of which can be seen in this Showcase.
- Hyundai Motor Company - Agency: Innocean Worldwide. Director: Theresa Wingert. D.O.P.: Henry Lynk. Production: Team Works/Only Nine to Five.
ALTERNATIVA PRODUCCIONES Madrid commercials production
Alternativa is responsible for some of Madrid's leading productions, castings and film shoots.
Recent productions included the latest commercial for Parque Warner with production company Puente Aereo, and the casting for popular television show 'Fama' with Zeppelin productions.
Alternativa's many successful productions have lead to widespread acclaim, thanks to the excellent facilities and size of its studios as well as the company's central Madrid location.
Candela Imagen Barcelona photo production
Candela Imagen has a new creative photography section and welcomes Ruben Vega and Sergi Margaleff to its talent portfolio. Visit the company's website to see examples of their work.
Also on the website visitors can explore the new Art Buyer section. One of Candela's latest productions, Uomo Vogue featuring Pedro Almodovar and Bibiana Fernandez by Francesco Carrozini, is also online.
ALBIÑANA Films Barcelona photo production
New campaigns from Albiñana Photo Films:
- Cortefiel S/S 08. Photographer: Walter Chin. Stylist: Beñat Yanci. Hair and Make-up: Alan White. Models: Andres Velencoso and Katarina. Art direction by Albiñana Films - Hunter & Gatti
- Pedro Del Hierro Woman S/S 08. Photographer: Christophe Kutner. Stylist: Beñat Yanci. Model: Annouck Lepere. Art Direction by Albiñana Films - Hunter & Gatti
- Pedro Del Hierro Men S/S 08. Photographer: Walter Chin. Art direction by Albiñana Films. Stylist: Beñat Yanci. Hair and Make-up: Alan White. Model: Axel Hermann. Art Direction by Albiñana Films - Hunter & Gatti
- Oysho S/S 08. Photographer: David Dunan. Hair and Make-up: Jordi Fontanals. Models: Maxine, Annika, Ainoa Alsina. Location: Palau Moxo.
- Springfield S/S 08. Photographer: Sergi Pons. Art Direction by Albiñana Films. Stylist: Isabel Moralejo. Hair and Make-up: Monica Marmo and Victor Alvarez. Models: Annika Stenval, Aline, Laura, Noah Knipe, Johny K, Fabrizio. Art Direction by Albiñana Films - Hunter & Gatti
- Le Gatte Jeans S/S 08. Photographers: Paolo DI Giovanni and Marco Lanza. Models: Florencia and Nicola
Sonda Productions Barcelona photo production
Sonda Productions presents the final pictures from its latest campaigns:
- Crédit Suisse, shot by Christian Schmidt in Barcelona. Agency: McCann-Erickson Frankfurt.
- Volvo XC 70, with photographer Bo Hylen in Madrid and Valencia. Agency: SCP Sweden.
- VW Phaeton, with photographer Tom Grammerstorf in the
streets of Barcelona. Agency: Grabarz & Partner.
- Porsche Boxster, shot by Torsten Klinkow. Agency: KEK.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Latest productions from Landing Zone:
- The Perla Mare summer 2008 campaign.
- Women Secret spring 2008, photographer Alasdair McLellan.
- Women Secret Kids spring 2008, photographer Marc Borthwick.
- East, photographer Michael Woolley.
- Mayerline, photographer Roger Dyckmans.
- Editorial Elle US, photographer David Vasiljevic.
- Editorial Muse Mag, photographer David
- The Perla Mare summer 2008 campaign.
Marta Calheiros Barcelona photo agents
Recent news from Marta Calheiros:
- Earlier this year, Uli Weber shot the cover for the forthcoming album from Peruvian tenor Juan Diego Florez. The job was produced in Barcelona by Marta Calheiros, and the agency subsequently became the photographer's Spanish agent. Uli's world of colour, beautiful portraits, unique locations and exquisite fashion shots can be seen on Marta Calheiros' website.
- Jaap Vliegenthart was awarded bronze at the 2008 AOP Awards for his personal project 'Paint Box'. The photographer also recently completed work for Panasonic Holland.
Bamboo Barcelona photo agents
Latest work from Bamboo:
- Ferran Izquierdo - Generalitat de Catalunya and catalogue for Santa Eulalia.
- Michael Haegele - European campaign for Honda Civic, production by Sonda.
- Marcin Tyszka - International campaigns for Pantene and Revlon Hydra Control. Catalogue for Globe. Editorials: Telva, Vogue Joyas, Vogue Novias, Elle Germany, and Vogue Portugal.
- Daniel Riera - Catalogues for General Optica and Farrutx summer 2008. Campaigns for Viceroy with Raquel de Rosario, and Pull&Bear summer 2008, production by Keep it Special. Editorials: Vanidad, Wallpaper, Monocle, Marie Claire, and Fantastic Man.
Motif Management Barcelona photo agents
Motif Management represents:
- Photography by Sergi Pons for: 'University' by Andres Sarda, Mala Mujer catalogue, and Amichi summer 08. Editorials for Vogue Niños, El Pais, Glamour, and Vanidad.
- Styling by Miguel Arnau for: Roberto Cavalli and Bluegirl catalogues. Editorials for Surface, El Pais, and GQ Germany.
Sergi Jasanada Barcelona advertising photographersBarcelona-based photographer Sergi Jasanada recently shot an editorial for FHM, with stylist Manu Araujo and make-up artist Raquel Costales.
He also shot new image campaigns for TMX and Mireia Bisbe.
Jose Manuel Ferrater Barcelona fashion photographers
J M Ferrater recently shot advertising campaigns for Civit, Desigual, Boboli, and Rabat, along with editorials for Glamour, Nox, Revolution, and Swiss magazine Gatsby.
All productions took place in Barcelona.
BÈLA ADLER & SALVADOR FRESNEDA Barcelona advertising photographersBèla Adler and Salvador Fresneda recently shot the new Trucco campaign, as well as the new Dorotea summer 2008 campaign with Edita (la agencia). Styling: Alberto Murtra. Hair and make-up: Sonia Peña and assistant Phineas.
They also shot for Gap in New York.
They recently completed an editorial with Josep Font for Yo Dona.
David Ruiz Barcelona advertising photographers
Latest campaigns by photographer David Ruiz:
- Ian Mosh catalogue.
- Gas Natural.
- Casual Play.
- Exhibition 'Phapan of Japan'.
Paco PEREGRÍN Madrid advertising photographers
Paco Peregrín continues to grow and acquire new clients, a selection of which currently include Adidas, Diesel, Toyota and Jacinto Usán.
His vast experience and insider knowledge mean he is constantly in demand with advertising agencies and clients alike.
Paco's recent collaboration with fashion designer María Barros involved shooting the Fall/Winter 2008/09 collection.
His recent editorial collaborations include fashion features for upcoming issues of ZINK (NY), Calle 20 (Spain), ZDM (Spain), Revista 40 (Spain), Blu (Germany), Mate (Germany) and LOOKdeBOOK (Spain).
Recent projects included an exhibition at Noche Abierta (Madrid).
STEFANO MORINI Barcelona car & transportation photographers
Barcelona-based Stefano Morini specialises in car photography.
In this Showcase he presents his recent job for clients Alfa Romeo, completed in San Francisco (California) for the advertising agency INADV.
Stefano is currently developing a CGI project which he hopes to present soon.
You can see more of his personal work on his recently updated website.
Fernando Alonso Estudio Madrid advertising photographersLatest work from photographer Fernando Alonso:
- Editorials for magazines Man, Vanity Gay, Arte de Vivir, Zero de Moda, and Calle 20.
- Summer '08 season fashion catalogues for Matiz, Kalfe, Dandara, and Tribune.
- Winter 08/09 season fashion catalogues for Leyenda-MDM, Torio, Aibonito, and Julian Gil.
Fernando Alonso is currently represented by Capetona.
Tony Kelly Barcelona advertising photographers
Latest work from photographer Tony Kelly:
- Editorial for Vanidad.
- The prestigious PHOTO magazine Paris featured an eight-page portfolio and interview with Tony in its March edition.
- Worldwide campaign for Yves Rocher cosmetics.
- Shot Lapo Elkann and Dsquared twins Dean and Dan for GQ.
- Covers and editorials for Edelweiss magazine.
- Shot actor Israel Rodríguez for El Pais magazine.
- Editorial for View of The Times.
ENRIC GALCERAN Barcelona fashion photographers
Talented photographer Enric Galceran shoots throughout Spain and for many international clients. He recently started working in the German fashion market where he is represented by Kathrin Hohberg, shooting for leading brands including Tom Taylor. Enric also began publishing in Milan, where he is represented by Close Up Milan.
Latest projects include:
- Campaigns: Cimarron Jeans spring-summer 2008, with model Isabel Neumair (Uno BCN), and Tom Taylor autumn-winter 2008.
- Editorials: Elle, Cosmopolitan, BMM Milan - with model Alice Rausch (View Management), Telva - with the new face from Group, Carolina B, and Tendencias Magazine - with model Irina Vodolozova (Uno BCN).
Friedel Scholten (Workstation) Barcelona advertising photographers
Photographer Friedel Scholten recently shot the new beer brand 'Inedit' for Cervezas Damm.
The beer was created in conjunction with Ferran Adrià's elBulli restaurant, and after a year and a half of development between master brewers and sommeliers Estrella Damm Inedit is set for launch in May as the world's first beer designed to complement a meal.
Creative Director: Salvatore Adduci.
Almeria Location Scout Madrid location service and scouts
Almeria Location Scout proudly offers 10-years of experience in the film and advertising industry.
The company specialises in production services, location scouting and event organisation throughout Almeria and Guadix.
Take advantage of the extraordinary climate and diverse scenery enjoyed in the Almeria region, where you can relax on unspoilt beaches, climb snowy mountains, or discover the desert on unique roads and wild tracks.
Marina Estudio Barcelona rental studios photo
Latest clients at Marina Estudio:
- Photographer Nalda and model Judith Mascó came for the new Margarina campaign shoot.
- A Canada House catalogue shoot filled the studio with children, toys and even a dog!
- Production company Dil & Martin also shot an editorial and filled the studio with colour.
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios photoTop Studios offers a variety of installations to meet the needs of all types of photography sessions, audiovisual projects and special events.
Recent work includes:
- Photographer J.M. Ferrater shot for Neo Arquitectura, with model Marina Jamieson, as well as for Civit, Desigual, Boboli, Rabat, and Glamour, Nox, Revolution and Gatsby magazines.
- Toni Bernat shot for Mango.
- Nico Bustos shot for Vogue Portugal.
- Gregori Civera shot for Cosmopolitan.
- Pere Peris shot for Blanc Cristal.
- D. Miranda shot for J. Labanda.
Top Studio also recently welcomed swimmer David Meca, shot by photographer David Ponce, and FC Barca player Lionel Messi for a Rolling Stone shoot.
Semilunar Studio Barcelona rental studios photo
Semilunar Studio is a large new studio space especially designed to offer the highest quality standards required by imaging professionals. Thanks to state-of-the-art facilities Semilunar can serve both as a photography studio and as a set for video and photo productions, with all the necessary additional features.
Semilunar Studio has worked with some of the most prestigious agencies and renowned companies. All projects are welcome, but the studio has been designed to meet the motor industry's specific requirements, including lighting and other features.
Francina Agency Barcelona fashion models
Latest work from the Francina Agency models:
- Monique Olsen - Show: 080.
- Johan - Editorial: FHM. Ph: Jose Aragon.
- Tiffany - Editorial: El Semanal. Ph: Carlos Alsina.
- Petra Kvapilova - Editorial: Elle. Ph: Juan Aldebaldetrecu.
- Maria Beljanina - Editorial: Novedades. Ph: Pepe Botella.
- Sabine G - Commercial: Nike. Producer: Twenty Four Seven.
- Brigitta Munkacsi - Editorial: Novedades. Ph: Cesar Lucadamo.
- Elisa Raats - Campaign: Desigual winter. Ph: Jose Manuel Ferrater.
- Nicole Jonnel - Shows: 080. Antonio Miro. Editorial: Revista H. Ph: Eva Bozzo.
- Mike Nock - Editorials: FHM. Ph: Jose Aragon. Tendencias. Ph: Esmeralda Martin. Show: 080.
- Dante Tozzeto - Editorials: Metal. Ph: Sergi Jasanada. Tendencias. Ph: Victor Moscardo. Show: 080. Antonio Miro.
- Marta Español - Campaign: Armani Collezioni. Ph: Aldo Fallai. Editorial: Hola Alta Costura. Ph: Mario Sierra. Shows: 080. Cibeles. Antonio Miro.
- Asa Steenson - Editorials: Hola Prêt a Porter. Ph: Juan Aldebaldetrecu. El Semanal. Ph: Juan Aldebaldetrecu. Metal. Ph: Sergi Jasanada. Show: 080.
GROUP MODEL MANAGEMENT Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from Group Model Management:
- Alban Blondiaux featured in the recent campaign for Lanvin, shot in Paris by Inez Van Lambsveerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
- This year's "Ya es Primavera" campaign for El Corte Inglés features Elise Crombez, shot by Alfonso Ohnur.
- The current Mango Jeans campaign was shot by Nico, with Milana Keller.
- David Guillo is the new face of the Bloomingdale's campaign, and features in the Throttleman campaign alongside Mini Aden.
- David Agudo provides a new image for David Delfin's latest campaign, and also featured in the designer's fashion show at Cibeles.
- New face Alejandra Dominguez appears in Glamour, photographed by Nacho Alegre.
View Management Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from View Management:
- Eugenia Silva was captured by Gonzalo Machado for the cover of Telva. She also stars in the Ikks and Pantene campaigns.
- Cristina Tosio was photographed by Claudia Pasanisi Smith for Italian Elle. She also appears in the Les Copains and Agnier campaigns, and continues the Kelly Calèche campaign by Hermès Perfume for another season.
- The Women'Secret spring/summer 2008 campaign by Alisdair Mclean stars Zuzana Gregorova and Olga Serova.
- Fabiana Semprebom was shot by photographer Toni Bernad for Mango.
View Men Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from View Men's Division:
- Oriol Elcacho for Bulgari. Photographers: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot. Class Cavalli. Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura.
- Christian Santamaria for Hugo Boss. Photographer: Markus Jans.
- Andres Velencoso was L'Officiel Hommes cover and editorial star in December 2007. Photographer: Milan Vukminovic.
- Jon Kortajarena is L'Officiel Hommes cover and editorial star for spring/summer 2008. Photographer: Milan Vukminovic. Jon also stars in the Tom Ford eyewear campaign. Photographer: Terry Richardson.
Salvador Model Agency Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from Salvador Model Agency:
- Bárbara appeared in a new commercial campaign for Vitalinea.
- Francesca features in the new Caixa de Catalunya campaign.
- Vanessa again appeared for Natura Bisse and Pablo starred in a campaign for Scotch & Soda.
- Xose, Clara and Kristina featured in the latest Oxigen catalogue.
- The agency's kids featured in catalogues for Lacoste and Katia, whilst Emma, Sandra and Xavier took part in Children's Fashion from Spain.
- More of the agency's models appear in campaigns for
Polaris, Fiat, Donuts, Volvo, La
Caixa, and Mastercard.
La Agencia Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from La Agencia:
- Edita is the new face of Versace Parfum, shot by the great Mario Testino. She also had a great time at this season's fashion shows, opening for Burberry and taking part in Lanvin, Chloé, Hermes, Stella McCartney, Balenciaga and Fendi.
- Josefine, the agency's very own Jane Birkin, shot with two of the best Spanish photographers: Rafa Gallar for Cosmopolitan Magazine and Nacho Alegre for the new Bamby by Laura campaign.
- La Agencia's new faces took part in the recent Barcelona shows. Niko de Clerk opened for young designers Jan and Mes at 080 Barcelona Fashion. Together with Dainius, Niko also took to the catwalk for Antonio Miro.
- There were more catalogues for La Agencia's little ones: Mayoral, Omsa, Oysho and Amichy.