showcase magazine Oct 2010spain issue 236
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our Film and Photo directories.
Our editorial was shot by Victor Moscardo, exclusivelly for this issue of Showcase Spain, with two winners Sara and Daniel of the Fresh Faces 2010 modeling contest by modelmanagement.com.
It was shot in a beautiful old casino (Can Solers) in Sitges, provided by Insitu Locations. The models were styled by Mayte de la Iglesia in the trends of the upcoming season, with hair and make-up by Manel Rosa.
- photo agents Back to top
V&W art Madrid photo agents
Recent projects from V&W Art:
- Catherine McNeill plays a full-on femme fatale for her latest work in September's Vogue Korea, shot by Rafael Stahelin. Whether taking a drag of her cigarette or seducing a mannequin, the Australian beauty is the ultimate seducer as she dons the luxe styling of Ye Young Kim.
- The October issue of Vision Magazine includes two striking new stories shot by Victor de Mello and styled by Dazed & Confused's long-time contributor Kim Howells.
- The September issue of Elle Spain stars the beautiful Valentina Zelyaeva, shot by Santiago Esteban. Styling was handled by Sylvia Montoliu, with hair and make-up by Javier Vergara.
- film production Back to top
APRODUCTIONS Madrid commercials production
With branches in Madrid, Barcelona and the Canary Islands, Aproductions offers full production services across Spain and Portugal, as well as a locations database that includes over 200,000 images. Recent news includes:
- The Turespaña campaign with photographers Ale Burset and Erik Almas in locations throughout Spain with the agency McCann Erickson Madrid.
- An editorial for FOCUS Germany shot by Jesus Alonso with new Real Madrid player Mesut Özil.
- A new editorial for Riders shot by Diver&Aguilar.
- A campaign for miapuesta.com with photographer Juanlu Real.
- Aproductions has been approved as a full partner provider company for event services at the Madrid Convention Bureau.
- The company recently welcomed Jaime Yuste as account director, Pilar Martinez as event coordinator, and César Plá as account executive.
Aproductions aims to contribute to the continuing effort to strengthen Madrid and Spain as a preferred destination for the business tourism market. Its latest event was held on Vogue Fashion Nights Out for Germaine de Capuccini and Woman magazine at Cibeles fashion week.
Directors include: Eugenio Recuenco, Héctor Gómez Rioja, film-maker and script-writer Enrique Urbizu, Nacho Sarrais, Ale Burset, Yago Garbizu, Miquel Navarro, Miguel Albadalejo, Bosi & Sironi and Losito & Losito.
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
Telecommunications giant STC returned to Spain to shoot its IPTV spot with Team Works Production and Intaj. On this occasion, director Inaki Gil from Only 925 took to the helm to shoot an inspired production. The two-day shoot required a range of different locations and types of action; from high-speed car chases to wild prairie animals, everything was shot using the Red One camera.
Visit the website for more information.
- photo production Back to top
U LA LA EVENTS & PRODUCTIONS SL Barcelona photo production
U LA LA has been extremely busy over the past six months and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone.
Mallorca and Ibiza crew: Athos, Angela, Juanjo, Nuria, Nina, Pedro and Rafael. Barcelona crew: Pancho, Jessica, Marlene, Matt, Iker, Marta, Susana, Lucas, Ben and Berta. Madrid crew: Ilduara, Christian, Fernando and Basti. Andalucia: James, Paco and Niklas in Portugal.
Photographers: Alan Clarke, Daniel Riera, Jorgen Brennicke, Laurie Bartley, Sven Jacobsen and Txema Yeste.
Latest clients include BlackBerry, Dom Perignon, Lacoste, Libresse, Mango, Moet, Monocle, Mumm, Salsa Jeans, SEAT and Vueve Clicquot.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Latest work from Landing Zone Production:
- Paul Smith Jeans. Photographer: Ronald Dick.
- Harper's Bazaar May 2010 issue. Photographer: Benjamin Alexander Huseby.
- Nissan Pathfinder and Navara catalogue 2010. Photographer: Steffen Schraegle.
- Adidas. Photographer: Viviane Sassen.
- Post Office UK. Photographer: Jasper White.
- Bestseller Vila. Photographer: Rasmus Skousen.
- Jack&Jones. Photographer: Soren Solkiaer.
- Vanity Fair Italy. Photographer: Nico.
- photographers Back to top
Josep Alfaro Photographer Barcelona advertising photographers
Josep Alfaro fills his fashion and commercial photography with his easy-going and spontaneous character, thus creating an atmosphere of intimacy and closeness throughout his work.
His latest projects include shooting the Tavex A/W 2011/2012 catalogue as well as a backstage report for the Valencia Fashion Week.
Alfaro is currently in pre-production for the forthcoming Tavex catalogue. He is also preparing an exhibition with personal material from his fashion work.
Stay up-to-date by visiting his website or finding him on Facebook.
Fernando Alonso Madrid advertising photographers
Latest work form photographer Fernando Alonso:
- Editorials for Happy Woman.
- Fashion campaigns for Tonala, Dandara, Archeologie, Lolitas, Torio, MdM, LyD and Julian Gil.
Visit his website for more information.
David Matellanes Madrid advertising photographers
David Matellanes shoots fashion and advertising photography in his own unique style. His intimate and highly personal photographs evoke a mysterious, seductive and dreamlike state that aims to transport his subjects into a world of sensations.
David's dedication means he is involved from start to finish in all of his creative projects. He enjoys each part of the process and is only satisfied when he has achieved the goal of transmitting his emotions into his work.
Latest projects include:
- Editorials for XL Semanal and Stylissimo.
- Advertising for Renfe and Brabante.
- Fashion campaigns for Carmela Rosso, Chareli, Lola Valdueza and Monsi.
- post production Back to top
ÀNIMA - GRAPHIC POST PRODUCTION Barcelona creative post production
Located in Barcelona, Anima is an experienced post production company working across the photography industry. It offers reliable services with optimum results.
Recent work includes Seat and Kutxa.
Visit the website for more information.
- rental studios Back to top
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios photo
Top Studio offers a variety of five studios to suit photographic, film and special events needs. The studios are equipped with lighting material for professional photography, including runway lighting and film sets. The company recently expanded its range to include the latest generation Broncolor, Hensel and Profoto equipment.
Latest clients include:
- El País Semanal 'Especial hombres' with Pol Espargueró and Nico Terol as models, shot by Caterina Berjau. 'Belleza niños uniformes' shot by Leila Mendez.
- Glamour (France) shot by Nico.
- Vogue (Portugal) shot by J.M. Ferrater.
- GQ with basketball player Rudy Fernández, shot by Nacho Alegre.
- Arena (Korea), Sport and Style, and L'Uomo Vogue with football player Thierry Henry, shot by Charlie Landon Productions.
- Custo by Xevi Muntané.
- Cacique by Mariano Herrera.
- Etxart and Panno shot by Joseph Hunwick.
- Cristian Lay by Pere Sallés.
- Sita Murt by Txema Yeste.
- Massimo Dutti by Paola Kudacki with Magna Productions.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting, cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions. The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mk III and 5D Mk II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Recent jobs included:
- Yo Dona.
- FHM - Kun Aguero (Atlético Madrid).
- Focus Germany - M. Ozil (Real Madrid).
- Marie Claire.
- Wardrobe session and photo shoot for film 'Cold Light of Day' with Henry Cavill.
- El Mundo newspaper.
- Vodaphone casting.
- Man Magazine.
- DT Magazine.
- Vanidad Magazine.
- Tendencias Magazine.
- Neo 2 Magazine.
- 40 Principales Magazine 'Musical'.
The company recently opened a new office in the Canary Islands where clients can rent Profoto lighting, softboxes and accessories and have them delivered to their hotel or location.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios
Addict Studios offers 500 m² of studio workspace with facilities including natural light, two a face cove, 100 KW power, 5-7m ceiling height, 25m shooting range, vehicle entrance, free parking at the door, rest and meeting areas, a fully equipped independent make-up and styling area, air conditioning, water shooting facilities, catering services, a fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast, experienced crews, free 12MB Wi-Fi and an iMac G5. Equipment rental includes Profoto, Arri, Kinoflo and digital backs from Hasselblad (H3DII 31/39), PhaseOne (P45 plus), and Canon (Mk II, Mk III and 5D Mk II).
Recent work includes:
- Adidas (Xavi Alonso, Real Madrid CF, and David Villa, FC Barcelona).
- El Corte Ingles campaign.
- Neo 2 Magazine.
- Yo Dona.
- El Mundo newpaper.
- DT Magazine.
- FHM Magazine.
Special shoots in Addict Studios include collaborations with Eugenio Recuenco, Rankin, Ale Burset, Rafa Gallar, Txema Yeste, Gonzalo Puertas, Gonzalo Machado, Diver & Aguilar, Gary Prior, Bruno Dayan, Kristina G.Fender, Scott C., Nagi Sakay and Juan Gatti.
Visit the website for more information about equipment, studio rates and special offers.
- equipment rent Back to top
LocLum S.L.N.E. Barcelona camera/ accessories photography
LocLum, Light, Camera and Digital Rent has had a very exciting and successful summer, with projects including Tous, Glamour, Louis Vuitton, Porsche, Opel, Canon, Adidas Porsche Design, and Jameson Irish Whiskey, among many others.
LocLum invests continuously in new material, and has recently acquired a range of new equipment:
- Reflector boards, 4x4', in silver/soft silver, crafted to LocLum's specifications, lightweight yet durable.
- Profoto flash generators, straight from Photokina 2010.
- Elincrome Octa 180cm, the "beauty light", adapted to Profoto.
- Lots of "small things", ND-filters, flags, and more.