showcase spain issue 268 Mar 2011Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We feature the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Film and Photo directories.
We are proud to announce the launch of Showcase and Directory Balearic Islands coming in June. We will be featuring the best talent and services from this Spanish region.
Be sure to check out our featured events:
- Documenta Madrid, the 8th International Madrid Documentary Film Festival, from 6 - 15 May.
- Garry Winogrand, 'Women are beautiful', at the Fundació Foto Colectania until 4 June.
- The Project's 22nd Barcelona Guitar Festival, featuring a host of international and local names, from 1 April until 21 May.
- Call for entries for the 20th Best of European Advertising and Design ADCE Awards.
Our cover image was shot by Javier Galue.
- photo production
Palma Pictures Photo Mallorca photo production
In January 2011, Palma Pictures Photo was privileged to shoot with photographer Nadav Kander after a year packed with exciting shoots.
The company hosted an H&M Home shoot with photographer Tim Evan Cook in December, while September brought an H&M Woman shoot with photographer Andreas Öhlund. August featured a Bogner Catalogue shoot with photographer Bumper from Agency Brunner Bekker, art director Reto Brunner and hair and make-up artist Sabine Oberhuber.
Visit the website for more information.
Landing Zone Production Tenerife photo production
Latest jobs from Landing Zone Production:
- Some excursions for Nick to the Teide volcano to shoot a project for Land Rover, official partners to the England rugby team.
- Some rocky, fresh and natural spots for Ronald to shoot the Paul Smith SS11 campaign.
Be sure to check out Landing Zone's fresh new website, full of all its latest jobs.
A.L.S (Almeria Location Scout) Almeria photo production
A.L.S (Almería Location Scout) provides a full range of film and photo production services, permit management, accommodation, equipment and online location scouting. With its network of local fixers, the company can adapt its services depending on each clients' individual needs. With a perfect knowledge of the area, quick response times and over 10 years experience in the film and photo production industry, A.L.S is the perfect choice for every type of project. Its team works in German, English, French and Spanish.
Latest production service work includes:
- Carrera Shine On photo shoot by Simone Nervi.
- Vaderduell by Patrik Forsberg.
- BNP Paribas Fouders photo shoot by Nathaniel Goldberg.
- Gotha photo shoot by Sonia Veroni and Stefania Lemmi (editorials in Telva and Vogue).
- commercial production
Image Nation Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Image Nation Photo and Film:
- Leo Messi is in action with his new Adizero f50 boots. Director: Mark Zibert. DoP: Chris Mably. Agency: Sid Lee. Production: Sons And Daughters. Service company: Image Nation. Location: Barcelona, Spain. Video 1. Video 2.
- Editorial for Gap Z Magazine (Red Indians Publishing GmbH), shot by automotive, advertising, people and landscape photographer Anke Luckmann. Creative direction: Michael Köckritz. Editorial staff: Patrick Morda. Testimonials: Sonia Fernández, Vidal, Francesc Miralles, Joan Martinez Gutierrez, Estel Villaronga. Post production: Irma Retouche.
- New Porsche Cayman R shot by automotive, landscape and people photographer Torsten Klinkow in harbours around Spain. Produced by Image Nation. Agency: Kemper Kommunikation. Art director: Dominique During. Internet and new media agency: Bassier, Bergmann & Kindler. Art director: Martin Spies.
Team Works Production Madrid commercial production
Maxis from Malaysia and Team Works Production used football superstar Fernando Torres for this testimonial TVC. In the film, shot with two Reds in a studio in Madrid, Torres talks about his childhood dreams of becoming a major international football player.
Visit the website for more information.
Fernando Alonso Madrid fashion photographers
Latest work from Fernando Alonso:
- Editorials for Happy Woman and Shangay magazines.
- Fashion campaigns for Halloween Fever by Jesus del Pozo, Torio, Abbacino, Archeologíe, Dándara, Tonalá, MdM and LyD.
Visit his website for more information.
Josep Alfaro Photographer Barcelona fashion photographers
Josep Alfaro fills his fashion and commercial photography with his easygoing and spontaneous character, thus creating an atmosphere of intimacy across his work.
His latest work includes fashion campaigns for Blessing and Pascual Hairdressers and advertising for Ulanka shoes.
Stay up-to-date with his latest project by visiting his website or Facebook page.
Paco Peregrín Madrid fashion photographers
Paco Peregrín has been shooting for editorial clients and international advertising campaigns in New York, Mexico City, Milan, London and Madrid.
Recent shoots include:
- Editorials: Vanity Fair (Italy), Elle (Mexico), NOI.SE (Australia), TWILL (Italy), Vision (China), DT (Spain), World One (Germany) and Styl 24 (Poland).
- West Coast Cooler Citra advertising campaign (Ireland).
- KPM (Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur, Berlin) advertising campaign (Germany).
- Formación Profesional advertising campaign (Spain).
Visit Paco's website to see more of his work.
David Matellanes Madrid fashion photographers
David Matellanes shoots fashion and advertising photography in his own unique style. His intimate and highly personal photographs evoke a mysterious, seductive and dreamlike state that aims to transport his audience into a world of sensations.
David's dedication means he is involved from start to finish in all of his creative projects. He enjoys each part of the process and is only satisfied when he has achieved the goal of transmitting his emotions into his work.
Latest work includes:
- Editorials for XL Semanal and Stylissimo.
- Advertising for Sra. Rushmore and Senses.
- Fashion campaigns for Carmela Rosso, Chareli, Lola Valdueza and Monsi.
Sergi Jasanada Barcelona advertising photographers
Latest work from photographer Sergi Jasanada:
- Image campaign for Veneno en la piel. Hair and make-up: DeMaria. Styling: Ana Murillas.
- Editorial for Nox.
- Editorial and front cover for Novias de España.
- Editorial and cover with Carolina Bang for El Magazine de La Vanguardia.
- Editorial and cover with Marta Español for RABAT.
- Editorial for Nox, Syling: Manu Araujo
- rental studios
Top Studios Barcelona camera/ accessories photography
Top Studios offers a variety of five studios to suit photographic, film and special events needs. The studios are equipped with lighting material for professional photography, including runway lighting and film sets. The company recently expanded its range to include the latest generation Broncolor, Hensel and Profoto equipment.
Latest clients include:
- Kettal shot by Wai Lin Tse. Production: Cla-se.
- Comodynes shot by J. Miller. Production: Magna Productions.
- Tous shot by D. Riera. Production: Bamboo.
- Veneno en la piel shot by S. Jasanada. Production: E. Ibañez.
- Signal TV spot. Production: Smile Media.
- Revlon 'Style Masters' shot by D. Raccuglia. Production: Magna Productions.
- Nike 'Unfair' shot by Frederike Helwig. Production: Twenty Four Seven.
- Rosa Clará 'Aire', 'Alma' and 'Two' shot by M. Outumuro.
- Elianna Moore shot by T. Mateu. Production: Gemma Formoso.
- Santa Eulalia shot by Gregori Civera.
Editorials include: El Pais Semanal 'Deconstrucción' shot by M.Outumuro; La Vanguardia shot by S. Jasanada; NOX Magazine Focus Ed. shot by S. Jasanada; and Novias de España shot by S. Jasanada.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Addict Studios offers 500 m² of studio workspace with facilities including natural light, two a face cove, 100 KW power, 5-7m ceiling height, 25m shooting range, vehicle entrance, free parking at the door, rest and meeting areas, a fully equipped independent make-up and styling area, air conditioning, water shooting facilities, catering services, a fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast, experienced crews, free 12MB Wi-Fi and an iMac G5. Equipment rental includes Profoto, Arri, Kinoflo and digital backs from Hasselblad (H3DII 31/39), PhaseOne (P45 plus), and Canon Mark II – Mark III and Canon 5D Mark II.
Recent work includes Ford, Audi A7, Yodona, Vanidad, Telva Magazine, EP3, Gioseppo and Universal Music.
Special shoots in Addict Studios include collaborations with Eugenio Recuenco, Rankin, Ale Burset, Rafa Gallar, Txema Yeste, Gonzalo Puertas, Sergi Margalef, Diver & Aguilar, Gary Prior, Bruno Dayan, Scott C., Nagi Sakay, Juan Gatti, Joan Alsina, Carlos Alsina and Juanluis Real.
Visit the website for more information about equipment, rates and special offers.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting (Profoto), cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions. The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mark III and 5D Mark II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Recent campaigns include Ford, SIDA, Nike, Adidas, Tanqueray Gin, Lois and Havainas.
Magazines include Yo Dona, Marie Claire, FHM, Rolling Stone, Neo 2, Vanidad, Tendencias, FHM, Bionic, El Duende, Shangay, Oh My God, El Mundo, 40 Principales, El Magazine and Suplementos.
Photographers: Eugenio Recuenco, Jesús Alonso, Carlos Alsina, Javier Salas, Raúl Docasar, Sergi Margalef, Antonio Cordero, Isaac Morrel, Malcolm Birkett, Humberto Vignali, Alberto Escudero, Markus Rico, Ana Nieto, Daniel Alea, Enmanuel Rouzic and Pepe Ayma.
Centro Studios recently opened new offices in the Canary Islands where clients can rent Profoto lighting, softboxes and accessories and have them delivered on set.
- hotels and apartments
Hotel Claris Barcelona hotels
Located in the Palau Vedruna, a building that dates from the beginning of the 20th century and that was converted into a hotel only in 1992, Hotel Claris emanates elegance and refinement in its impressive architecture.
Situated right in the centre of Barcelona, the hotel hosts an Egyptian museum exhibiting 70 pieces from Ancient Egypt as well as a 400-piece art collection distributed throughout its rooms and common areas.
The hotel also boasts a gym, sauna, meeting rooms and La Terraza del Claris restaurant, located on the rooftop next to the outdoor pool.