showcase magazine May 2012spain issue 345
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our dedicated Photo and Film directories.
Take a look at our recommended events held in the upcoming months:
- Changing Room - 30th June in Chic & Basic Barcelona. In each edition, Changing Room selects 25 international designers in a megastore open to the public only 10 hours every 6 months.
- Photo España - Madrid from 6th June 6 to 22nd July. 315 artists will participate in 80 exhibitions in the XVth edition of PHE12 and it will include exhibitions from Robert Cappa, The Sartorialist, Chema Madoz and many others.
- photo agents Back to top
ESSENCIAL PRODUCCIONES FOTOGRÁFICAS Madrid photo agents
ESSENCIAL is a full service production company based in Madrid. Focused on advertising agencies and direct clients, ESSENCIAL collaborates with clients at every stage of the creative process, providing a wide range of well-known professionals as well as new talent
The company represents photographers and illustrators and also works with outside professionals, sourcing the best talent for any given project.
ESSENCIAL's art buying covers all the needs of a graphic production department, including photography, illustration, concepts, storyboards, animation, casting, retouching, set design, 3D, and more.
- photo production Back to top
APRODUCTIONS Madrid photo production
Aproductions is a full service production company made up of five main departments: photo, audiovisual, events, service and online. The company represents photographers, commercial directors, illustrators and 3D artists and provides art buying and full service support for foreign companies needing production services for photo projects, commercials and events while working in Spain.
Aproductions offers art buying consultancy to advertising agencies and direct clients in Spain and throughout the world. The company exclusively represents a selection of highly talented photographers and directors, and its art buying department is continuously recruiting new talents and researching the latest technologies to best respond to clients' needs.
Latest projects include:
- Adidas campaign shot by Pep Avila.
- Cruzcampo campaign shot by Jesús Alonso.
- Cruzcampo campaign shot by Arek Kempka.
- Cruzcampo Spanish football Selection campaign shot by Diver & Aguilar.
- Cutty Sark campaign shot by Edo Kars.
- J&B campaign shot by Erik Almas.
- Port Adriano shot by Pep Avila.
- Endesa campaign shot by Alberto Escudero.
- San Miguel campaign shot by Jesús Alonso.
- Nescafé campaign shot by Biel Capllonch.
Palma Pictures Photo Barcelona photo production
The team has quickly become the number one choice in Spain for top-end advertising, having recently shot for Escada, DHL, Camper, Volvo, Mercedes Benz, Stefanel, Dove and many more.
Dolce Vita Productions Barcelona photo production
Dolce Vita had another great winter thanks to faithful partners and new clients. Argentina, Barcelona, Ibiza, the Canary Islands and the rest of Spain are among the locations where the company offers full production services.
- Alba Moda photo production with Thomas Fiedler in the Canaries.
- Otto Versand with Holger Friedrich, Gary Engel and Sam Bisso in the Canaries.
- Kom Stuttgart with Thomas Fiedler in the Canaries.
- Zalando with Angela Raab and Leo Krumbacher in the Canaries.
- Ernstings Family with Wolfgang Stauber in Buenos Aires.
- Karstadt with Oliver Lwowski in Tenerife.
- Grain de Malice with Emmanuel Honold in Barcelona.
- Schwab with Jens Schmidt in the Canaries.
Image Nation Barcelona photo production
Latest news from Image Nation:
- Nico Weymann shot the Mercedes E-Class in Barcelona and Tarragona. Agency: Jung Von Matt.
- Conrad Piepenburg was in Catalonia and central Spain to shoot the BMW M Perfomance. Agency: Hillert & Co. Werbeagentur GmbH.
- Anke Luckmann photographed the two-times Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel for GQ Germany released on 12th April.
- Uli Heckmann was in Barcelona to shoot the amazing Mercedes SLK AMG. Agency: Bruce B.
- Olaf Hauschulz shot the VW Taktik campaign - nine VW cars over two weeks of night shoots in Barcelona and Madrid. Agency: Grabarz and Partner. Post production: Elisabeth Winter and Jenny Cremer.
Landing Zone Production Barcelona photo production
Latest productions from Landing Zone Production on the Canary Islands:
- Peek and Cloppenburg with photographer Marc Hom and 11 German sailing celebrities. A week of fun on a 23m sailing boat with a crew of 40 people collaborating with Nowadays creative production.
- Women's Secret new summer collection 2012, with whom Landing Zone Production has worked for several years.
U LA LA Barcelona and Madrid photo production
U LA LA has had a great start to the year with lots of fun projects and top-notch photographers in amazing locations, including fashion, glamour, celebrities, sports and car projects.
- Michelangelo di Battista for the Fay
spring/summer 2012 campaign in Valencia in the beautiful
architectural surroundings of the City of Arts and Science. A
couple of months later the company returned with a shoot for the
autumn/winter 2012 campaign.
- Alan Clarke shot for Puma with football stars
Cesc Fabregas and Kun Agüero.
- Nick Meek and Wieden and Kennedy (Amsterdam) were in various
locations over 8 days shooting photo and film for German client
- M&C Saatchi London and Wing TV were in Madrid to produce an extraordinary live event, PR, photo and film shoot with Cristiano Ronaldo for Castrol, U LA LA provided local support to bring all the components together and all requested with 4 days notice.
To see what makes U LA LA different take a second to visit the website.
- Michelangelo di Battista for the Fay spring/summer 2012 campaign in Valencia in the beautiful architectural surroundings of the City of Arts and Science. A couple of months later the company returned with a shoot for the autumn/winter 2012 campaign.
- film production Back to top
Team Works Production Madrid commercials production
Latest projects from Team Works Production:
- Kia EURO 2012 commercial shot with Team Works in Madrid and Seville, portraying classic architecture, Atletico de Madrid's stadium and Plaza de España in what is a breath-taking commercial.
- Top locations and production services managed by Team Works helped Vogue to create a cool background with unmistakable American touches.
- Projects with Hyundai, Alior Sync, Stelara Pharma, Departures Magazine and Al Roudan Tournament will soon be available.
- locations Back to top
COSTA DEL SOL productions Granada + Malaga Photo Productions + Locations
Latest work from Costa del Sol productions:
- The official Ferrari Magazine / Condé Nast UK with an amazing Andalusian stallion in endless desert space.
- L'Officiel Hommes in a Western filmset surrounding. Published pictures soon to be released on the website.
Costa del Sol productions provides full production services for film and photo projects. With more than 320 days of sunshine a year, versatile locations benefiting from the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean and the snow covered mountains of the Sierra Nevada as backdrop as well as Granada and Malaga to choose from, the region has everything for a successful production.
- photographers Back to top
Jose Luis Pelegrin Barcelona food & drink photographers
José Luis Pelegrín can be found working in his photo studio located near the sea and just off the Ramblas in the centre of Barcelona, close to la Boqueria market and food stores of all description, from the most basic to gourmet delicatessens.
His clients include Bimanan, Bimbo, Bonka, Bosto, Buitoni, Calvo, Casademont, Carrefour, Carte d'Or, Central Lechera Asturiana, Cuétara, Danone, Eroski, Escorpion, Findus, Frigo, Frudesa, Gallina Blanca, Gallo Pastas, Gerblé, Indo, Juvé i Camps, Kellogg's, Knorr, La Bella Easo, La Cocinera, La Lechera, La Sirena, Lay's, Litoral, Maggi, Matutano, Natreen, Nescafé, Novartis, Ortiz Conservas, Président, Primaflor, Purina, Pyrénées, Risella, Sensilis, Solan de Cabras, Sveltesse, Virginias and Volkswagen.
Contact José Luis' studio for an estimate on upcoming projects.
ALBERTO G. PURAS Photography Seville advertising photographers
Alberto G. Puras set up as a full time independent photographer some 12 years ago. He has since worked for numerous ad agencies shooting for international clients. Based in Madrid, Sevilla and Barcelona, Alberto provides worldwide services.
From advertising to fashion, portrait, food and still life, he constantly finds the right solutions and an individual photo language for each project.
The results speak for themselves. Check the website to see more examples of his work, along with a full client list.
Fernando Alonso Madrid advertising photographers
Latest work from Fernando Alonso:
- Fashion campaigns for Privée, Tonalá, Van Dos, Querdani, Laura Bernal, Evasse, Archeologie and MdM / LyD.
- Editorials for Happy Woman (Portugal).
Luis de Pablos Photography Madrid advertising photographers
Luis de Pablos was born in Segovia. His passion for photography began at an early age, passing through various creative stages including painting, fashion design, music and the theatre.
In 2006, Luis enrolled in an international Master's programme in Conceptual Creative Photography at the prestigious School of Photography and Image EFTI, where he was taught by renowned Spanish photographers such as Miguel Oriola, Ouka Lele and Chema Madoz.
He has since worked as a freelance photographer across fashion, beauty and advertising. Visit his website for more information.
- post production Back to top
Ruben Panzuela Barcelona retouching
Ruben Panzuela is a photography post production studio dedicated to creative retouching.
The studio's way of working is simple: developing effective and creative solutions that meet the business needs of the project.
"We are innovative, our proposals are always feasible, rational, appropriate and adapted to every need."
- rental studios Back to top
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Addict Studios include a 500m² studio with cyclorama that was recently the set for a range of international advertising campaign shoots. The company also offers equipment rental for a wide variety of clients, from magazine editorials to worldwide campaigns in Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Valencia and Alicante. Its range of clients includes ad agencies, production companies, magazines and photographers who can rely on Addict's own materials from brands such as Profoto, Canon, Phase One, Hasselblad, Hmi, Arri, Manfrotto and Apple.
Latest productions in Addict Studios include:
- San Miguel campaign, Cruzcampo campaign, Cutty Sark campaign, H&Scampaign, Peugeot 107 (shoot and event), Real Madrid (Suit), Atlético Madrid (Europa League), Endesa, Movistar and Saxo Bank.
- Magazines: Yodona, Smoda, Telva, Neo 2, VMagazine, El Mundo, Magazine and La Vanguardia.
- Talents: Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ozil, Benzema, Kaka, Callejon, Granero, Falcao, Adrian, Diego, and more.
Visit the website for more information and follow the company on twitter (@addict_studios) or Facebook.
Studio Sitges Sitges rental studios photo
Studio Sitges Barcelona is a unique photo and video studio ideal for exclusive photography and video productions, special events and workshops.
The Photo Bunker facilities include two wide studios (210m² and 120m²) that can be combined if required, two large cycloramas (8m x 8m and 8m x 5m), make-up and changing rooms, spa, a fully-equipped kitchen and a full service apartment.
The Studio is spectacular - the House above it even more so. Designed by renowned American architect Tom Kundig, the House has a 25m pool, terrace, garden, gym, an industrial-size kitchen and ceiling heights of up to 7.7m.
The entire facilities can be rented for productions or events. Studio Sitges can provide a complete package for any occasion, including photographer, equipment, casting, styling, catering, accommodation and location services.
For VIPs and celebrity events, Studio Sitges offers the ultimate in luxury and discretion. The studio is two minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from the airport.
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios
Top Studios offers a variety of five studios to suit photographic, film and special events needs. The studios are equipped with lighting material for professional photography, including runway lighting and film sets. The company recently expanded its range to include the latest generation Broncolor, Hensel and Profoto equipment.
Latest clients include:
- Puig with Shakira. Ph: Miguel Reveriego. Production: AM Management.
- Natural Honey from Colomer. Ph: Leila Mendez.
- Uterque. Ph: A.Ohnur. Production: Magna Prod.
- Nuria Falco video clip. Production: Malditas Piezas.
- Tous bags. Ph: Leandre Escorsell.
- Pedro del Hierro. Ph: Hunter & Gatti.
- Sanex. Production: Mamma Team.
- Belcor. Ph: Outumuro.
- Sorpresone. Production: Bonita Films.
- Brunella. Ph: J.M.Ferrater. Production: Paradigma.
- Bacardi. Production: La Cosa de las Peliculas.
- Massimo Dutti look-book. Ph: Gemma Edo.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting (Profoto), cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions. The company's digital department carries the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mark III and 5D Mark II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Latest productions in Addict Studios include:
- Cruzcampo campaign, Cutty Sark campaign, H&S campaign, Peugeot, Real Madrid and Springfield.
- Magazines: Vanidad, VMagazine, Yodona, Smoda, Telva, Neo2, El Mundo, Magazine and La Vanguardia.
Visit the website or blog for more information and follow the company on twitter (@centrostudios) or Facebook/centrostudios.
- models, actors, casting Back to top
Salvador Model Agency Barcelona fashion models
Latest news from Salvador Model Agency:
- Solveiga editorial for Dashe Magazine and It Magazine.
- Raquel Pfister editorial for Grey Magazine.
- Lauren Vickers Playboy Girl for Forsh.
- Vita for Vogue Italia.
Barcelona and Madrid commercial work:
- Cristina Romero TVC for Leclerc.
- Sergio and Eva Rodríguez for 7Up by Angel Alvarez.
- Paz Garcia and Lorena Franco Priorin for BT Ferrater.
- Dominique Mirambeu, Paula Kortis and Pilar Moliner for Tous.
- Sascha for Coronitas and Subaru.
- Maximiliano Genanian Stars Degree.
Actors: Aida Flix for 'Amar en Tiempos Revueltos'; Yelain for 'Covert Affairs'; Boris Cucalon for '15 años y un dia'; Peter Vives for 'Volare' and Albert Fernandez for 'El Bosc'.
- service Back to top
Motor Option Barcelona action cars
The second unit of the new Scorpio Arm, born out of a collaboration between Service Vision and Motor Option, is almost ready and available to satisfy the needs of the industry.
Red license plates and insurance were in high demand to be able to drive legally and safely the Hero Cars now available from Motor Option. New Low Go and Cámara Cars are also available after Motor Option bought the Barcelona-based company Jordi Benavent Camara Cars.
The company's new 300m² space provides a new refueling point for electric cars, the new "Go Green Electric" from Motor Option.