showcase spain issue 356 Jul 2012Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the latest issue of Showcase Spain, brought to you by Production Paradise. We present the very best of the Spanish visual media industry, with more information available in our Photo and Film directories.
If you are in Barcelona, don't miss the Barcelona Design Festival, ongoing until 5th October.
Madrid will host the Fashion Week from 30th August to 4th of September.
Our cover was shot by Nicole Kotrbova, winner of the Fashion Photographer of the Year contest by Vimity with over 5000 votes on Not Just Fashion website. This editorial for Lady Marshmallow features Sita, the winner of Fresh Faces 2012 contest by Modelmanagement.
- photo agents
ESSENCIAL PRODUCCIONES FOTOGRÁFICAS Madrid Photographers' and illustrators' agents
ESSENCIAL is a full service production company based in Madrid. Focused on advertising agencies and clients, ESSENCIAL collaborates with clients at every stage of the creative process, providing a wide range of well-known professionals as well as new talent.
ESSENCIAL represents photographers, illustrators and also works with outside professionals, sourcing the best talent for any creative project.
ESSENCIAL's art buying covers all the needs of a production department, including photography, illustration, creativity, storyboards, animation, casting, retouching, set design, 3D, and more.
- styling, hair, makeup
Ana Prado Madrid styling, hair, makeup agents
Ana Prado is an agency representing hair and make up artist, nail artists and stylists with offices in Madrid y Barcelona. They specialise in fashion, editorial, advertising and celebrities in Spain and internationally.
Their latest clients have included: Max Factor, Pantene, Springfield, Cortefiel, Pedro del Hierro and Sony Ericcson.
The magazines they have recently worked with are Vogue, Glamour, Telva, Woman, Yo Dona, Smoda, EPS.
The agency works with photographers like Craig McDean, Scott Schuman, Eugenio Recuenco, Alfonso Ohnur, Antonio Terrón, Richard Ramos, Rafa Gallar and celebrities such as Paula Echevarria, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alexandra Ambrosio, Raica Oliveira, Eugenia Silva and many more.
- photo production
APRODUCTIONS Madrid and Barcelona commercial production
Aproductions is a full service production company made up of five main departments: photo, audiovisual, events, service and online. The company represents photographers, commercial directors, illustrators and 3D artists and provides art buying and full service support for foreign companies needing production services for photo projects, commercials and events while working in Spain.
Aproductions offers art buying consultancy to advertising agencies and direct clients in Spain and throughout the world. The company exclusively represents a selection of highly talented photographers and directors, and its art-buying department is continuously recruiting new talent and researching the latest technologies to best respond to clients' needs.
A new office, staffed by experienced producers, has just been opened in Seville to support all of their productions in Andalusia.
Latest projects include:
- Pantene with Grey London
- Range Rover shot in Barcelona
- Banco Sabadell - SCPF
- Alhambra - 15 Publicidad
- Dia de la Once en Madrid - Event
- Kraft Foods - Event
VANDER productions Photo and commercial production commercial production
VANDER productions is an international photography, video and production agency that represents professional talents worldwide. The agency provides art buying and production services for national and international clients, including budget control, talent casting, location scouting and logistics. VANDER's network enables it to respond swiftly to requests from around the world and share local knowledge, experienced crews and creative talents with clients.
VANDER has been producing in Spain since 2003 and represents a selection of award-winning and high-skilled photographers, each specialised in their own field, from fashion editorials and advertising campaigns to celebrity portraits and interior photography.
JOAN CUNÍ PRODUCER Barcelona photo production
Joan Cuní is an experienced producer who provides a full production service for advertising, catalogue and editorial photography projects, with a reliable network of resources across Spain and Portugal.
Visit his website for more information.
Image Nation Barcelona commercial production
Latest news from Image Nation: Photo & Motion Production Company:
- Spring saw Kai Uwe Gundlach team-up with agency Kempertrautmann and Image Nation to shoot images for the Audi Markenkampagne up and down the Mediterranean coast from Benidorm to Barcelona.
- Nico Weymann and agency Jung Von Matt joined Image Nation to shoot the new Mercedes GL among the vineyards of northern Spain.
- Fujitsu made a stop-over in Barcelona to shoot a worldwide casting that could fit all continents. C Quadrat - Christopher Thomas and Christoph Adler - were in charge to give shape to such images, driven by Bavarian agency RED.
- GQ Deutschland shot with Anke Luckmann and seven-times F1 world champion Michael Schumacher at Montmeló Race Track Barcelona.
More pictures are available on the website. Look for Image Nation on Facebook.
Cold River Production Granada photo production
Coldriver Production specialises in the production of photo stills and video for advertising, photo libraries, fashion shoots and documentaries. The company is run by Fernando Muñoz who has many years experience in the industry. Prior to forming Coldriver Production, Fernando worked in production in New York.
The company's policy is to be hands-on and professional but also to enjoy what it does and use the uniqueness of modern and rural Spain to provide something different for the industry. Working closely with clients to provide what is needed to make a shoot productive and enjoyable, Coldriver Production aims to provide new and exciting locations. Fluent in Spanish and English, the company has extensive knowledge of the Andalucía area as well as the rest of Spain.
- film production companies
Team Works Production Madrid commercial production
Latest Team Works projects include an integrated Renault car commercial shot in Ciudad Real Airport. In April, Team Works arranged a production in Barcelona for Polish bank Alior Sync that involved several hard days working with parkour experts in a wide range of urban locations.
The company also worked with photographer John Roe for a Jeep project. Incomparable backgrounds, such as the snowy Andalusian mountains, the desert in Almeria and the skycrapers of Benidorm all contibuted to an outstanding shoot. New projects soon to be showcased include Hyundai, Honda, Departures Magazine and Al Roudan Tournament.
Camino Media Spain and Portugal Madrid commercial production
Recent Camino Media credits target a captive, international audience for Olympic sports and more.
- Elite athletes put Mizuno footwear to the test in the viral Seiei campaign timed to coincide with the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
- Surf’s up on a Tenerife beach for the television promo and still photo campaign of MTV UK’s 'Geordie Shore 3, Chaos in Cancun'.
- NBA TV rekindles The Dream Team magic on display at the 1992 Olympic games in a feature-length documentary shot on location in Barcelona.
- Spanish gypsies open their doors across Andalusia to Big Brother celebrities in 'Paddy & Sally’s Excellent Adventure' produced with Endemol for Channel 5.
Enzo films Madrid commercial production
Enzo Films is a full-service production company based in Madrid. They produce film and TV commercials, print and online media and offer full service location scouting. They have a shooting set and provide offline editing and composition in their post-production facilities.
Enzo works together with some of the best Spanish companies, advertising agencies and TV stations. Their very strong background in production, together with a lean, creative and flexible crew, gives them great tools for smooth and cost-effective productions. This allows them to keep local rates for international productions.
Enzo Films is located at the heart of three vibrant cities: Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon.
Fernando Alonso Madrid advertising photographers
Latest work from Fernando Alonso:
- Fashion campaigns for Van Dos, Privée, Tonalá, MdM / LyD, Querdani, Archeologie, Laura Bernal and Mercedes Orive.
Visit his website for more information.
Xanti Rodriguez San Sebastian CGI/ 3D photographers
Xanti Rodriguez is a new studio of photographic productions, post production and CGI located in the heart of the Basque Country. The studio produces avant-garde and unique images thanks to its control of the most complex and demanding techniques in photography and 3D. It also works with the best photographic materials and makes use of the most advanced software and hardware when editing in 2D and 3D.
Xanti Rodriguez adapts every production to make the most of a campaign’s potential, getting unique and unrepeatable images.
Visit the website or contact Xanti direct for more information.
Frankie Lüdke Photographer Malaga advertising photographers
Photographer Frankie Lüdke's work was exhibited at Mulafest Madrid in July 2012, featuring Old Custom Flames and Harley Davidson images.
The Museo Automovilistico de Málaga extended the exhibition of 'Other way of art' for two further weeks in April. Covers and articles in Bikerzone Magazine and the first print edition of online magazine ChopperOn have just been published.
Frankie shot Australian basketball super-star Lauren Jackson for the Olympic Games in London in Valencia in May.
Online magazine marbellacontemporanea also featured his work over spring.
Frankie Galaxy Production Services SC Malaga location service and scouts
Frankie Galaxy Production Services SC provides the finest service for photo, film and video production. Specialised in working with the best professionals and freelancers from all around the globe, the company is based in Andalucia but has expertise in locations including Mauritius, the Seychelles and Morocco.
Providing a personalised service and tailored budgets, visit the website to find out more.
Latest work includes StreetOne in Stockholm, Copenhagen and in Marrakech, Australian basketball super-star Lauren Jackson for the London Olympic Games, Glumann Beach Fashion Seychelles, Charles King Paris, André Badi Mexico in Quazazate, German Catalogue Canary Islands, Schwab and Elegance Mauritius.
- rental studios
Top Studios Barcelona rental studios
Latest productions from Top Studios:
- Photo shoot for Imaginarium with J. C. Ponsa.
- Photo shoot for Uterque with Alfonso Ohnur. Production: Magna Prod.
- Commercial for El Mundo Deportivo 'Carteras del Barça'. Production: Veranda TV.
- Commercial for Volkswagen. Production: El Banquillo Producciones.
- Catalogue for Parfois. Production: Lupa Photo.
- Photo shoot for Diesel Underwear 'Underdenim' with Leila Mendez.
- Photo shoot look-book for Massimo Dutti with Gemma Edo.
- Photo shoot for Neosens with Dani Riera. Production: Bamboo Prod.
- Men's Health 'Best Life' cover with Hugh Jackman. Photographer: Richard Phibbs. Production: Insiti Locations & Service, SL.
- Codigo Uno by Dogma Moda. Photographer: Sergi Jasanada.
Centro Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Located in downtown Puerta del Sol, Centro Studios offers 800 m² of space for all types of photographic, film, casting and event production. The studios are fully equipped with lighting (Profoto), cameras and equipment for professionals who require 24/7 solutions.
The company's digital department is equipped with the latest technology, including Hasselblad H3DII 31/39, Phase One P45+, Canon Mark III and 5D Mark II cameras, and also offers technical advice, colour management, scanner facilities, certified proofs, fine art prints, digital retouching and CGI.
Latest productions in Centro Studios include:
Zombie Kids – ‘Spanish Sauce Mafia’ video clip,
H&S campaign, Peugeot,
- Magazines: Interviu, Vanidad, VMagazine, Yodona, Smoda, Telva, Neo 2, El Mundo, Magazine and EP3.
- The Zombie Kids – ‘Spanish Sauce Mafia’ video clip, H&S campaign, Peugeot, Real Madrid, Cruzcampo.
Addict Studios Madrid rental studios photo
Addict Studios include a 500m² studio with cyclorama that has recently provided the set for a range of international advertising campaign shoots.
The company also offers equipment rental for a wide variety of clients, from magazine editorials to worldwide campaigns in Madrid, Barcelona, Ibiza, the Canary Islands, Valencia and Alicante. Its range of clients includes ad agencies, production companies, magazines and photographers who can rely on Addict's own materials from brands such as Profoto, Canon, Phase One, Hasselblad, Hmi, Arri, Manfrotto and Apple.
Latest productions in Addict Studios include:
- Copa Del Rey (Final) FC Barcelona –
Athletic Bilbao, H&S campaign,
Cruzcampo (special campaign Spanish team, European
Champion 2012), Fairy, Mercedes Benz,
Oliphant and Pantene.
- Magazines: Smoda, Yodona, Neo 2, Telva, VMagazine, El
- Talents: Iker Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Pique, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Benzema, etc…
- Copa Del Rey (Final) FC Barcelona – Athletic Bilbao, H&S campaign, Cruzcampo (special campaign Spanish team, European Champion 2012), Fairy, Mercedes Benz, Oliphant and Pantene.
Vuelo Urbano Aerial Film Production Barcelona aerial services
Vuelo Urbano is an aerial film production company based in Barcelona and flying across the globe.
They offer an extremely unique product: amazing quality shots from impossible places.
Vuelo Urbano's highly skilled team of camera men, pilots and producers will give you the footage you have always wanted but have never been able to achieve because of technical limitations.
They can offer a complete filming package, from creative direction to editing, and have access to other high-tech filming options such as Segways, Scorpio cranes and much more!
Teams can now film at much better prices than helicopters can offer, and from places helicopters can't fly.
- styling, hair, makeup
LOLA VILLAESCUSA Barcelona fashion stylists
Based in Barcelona and Mexico, Lola V. is an artists’ stylist focused on commercials, fashion photography and fashion film.
She has worked for both national and international clients and her latest projects include:
- Slendertone (France) Director: Miguel Perez Urria, Production Company: Sal Gorda
- Mercedes (Shanghai) Director: Alejandro Toledo, Production Company: The Brounie
Fashion photos and videos:
- Photographer: Juan Manuel Macarro, Model: Cheyenne Tozz
- Photographer: Tony Mateu, Model: Maria Karin
- Photographer: Hamish Brown with Messi
- Photographer: Macarro, Model: Luma Grothe
Lorenzo for Oakley