showcase spain issue 61 Nov 2006Featuring creative talent and services from the most exciting production locations
Welcome to the November edition of SHOWCASE Barcelona, where we are still, thankfully, enjoying clear blue skies and daytime temperatures of up to 20 degrees.
The nice weather will be appreciated by music lovers at this weekend's first edition of Primavera Club, Friday 1st - Saturday 2nd December, at Parc del Fòrum. Primavera Club aims to be the winter version of the summer's popular Primavera Sound. For more details, click here.
Thank you for your great feedback on the new features and design of our online directory. If you have not yet seen it, please visit www.productionparadise.com and let us know what you think!
Our Photo of the Month is by up-and-coming photographer Kristina G Fender, who is now represented by Candela Images. This editorial is called 'Snow Warriors'.
Candela Imagen Barcelona photo production
Recent Candela projects include the following:
- New York Times Magazine: Cover by photographer Finlay MacKay.
- L’Uomo Vogue: Editorial with Adrien Brody by photographer Mark Seliger.
- That extra half an inch: Photo shoot with photographer Ellen von Unwerth, "That Extra Half an Inch" is a revealing and practical book on fashion, beauty and style. Victoria shares her secrets on dressing for special occasions, everyday wear, accessorising, holiday tips and making the most of your wardrobe. Agency: Penguin General Art
- Nike Pro: International campaign by Rick Guest
- Repsol: Campaign by photographer Javier Tles. Agency: Young & Rubicam (Madrid)
- Beefeater: Campaign for Matador magazine by photographer Javier Tles. Agency: Publicis España (Madrid)
Dolce Vita Productions Barcelona photo production
It has been a busy autumn for Dolce Vita Productions:
- Jako, shot in BCN by Martin Jakob
- Avon shot in BCN by Karl Jonathan Cacchiolo
- Otto shot in BCN by Holger Friedrich
- Nike futbol in BCN with Albercht Gerlach
- Nike running in BCN with Patrick Giardino
- Gray & Osbourn in Madrid with Brian Daly
- Heine in Ibiza with Stefan Noll
- Bloomingdale’s in Ibiza with Diego Uchitel
- Neckermann in Gran Canarias with Thomas Kilper
- Mac in Mallorca with Claudia Schiffer, shot by Joachim Baldauf.
According to Dolce Vita, the South America season has started just as strong... see future editions of SHOWCASE for further details.
Contra Service Productions Barcelona photo production
Contra Service Productions have been busy on projects around the world:
- Barcelona: Shooting for Mini Essentials with photographer Karel Kühne c/o Schierke Paris, agency Start Advertising, AD Isabell Handl, + Shooting for VCI with photographer Matthias Heitmann and agency Ogilvy & Mather, CD Georg Fischböck, AB Natalie Schulz, + Commercial for KTM Motorcycles with production Sony DADC Austria and agency Kiska, directors Michael Hartl and Paul Friedl
- Mallorca: Shooting for BMW Magazin with photographer Frank Hülsbörmer c/o Foto-Union, agency Mai Communications, CD Steffen Mai
- Bangkok: Location scouting for MEXX and Laterna Magica Filmproduktion
- Kyoto & Osaka: Commercial production for KTM Motorcycles with production Sony DADC Austria and agency Kiska, directors Michael Hartl and Paul Friedl
- Hong Kong: + Fashion editorial for Marie Claire France, photographer Frederic Auerbach
UN MINUTO Madrid photo productionUNMINUTO is an independent production company that prefers not to represent photographers, so that "we are free to choose the best professional for each project".
Their enthusiasm can be seen in the quality of their work including for Publicis LadoC and Renault, regular clients for whom Stefano Morini recently photographed the Renault Laguna and the Renault Scenic.
Gonzalo Puertas for TIEMPO brought Centro Moda Shopping Centre to life, "finding magic among its products".
The unminuto website is regularly updated with the company's work. They invite your opinions and suggestions at email@example.com.
Santa Monica Productions Barcelona photo production
Service production company Santa Monica Productions is based in the South of Spain in Marbella, which, thanks to its warm, sunny climate is the European location for shoots in winter.
Santa Monica's latest productions are:
Suzuki, Subaru, Audi TT, VW Polo, Porsche, US -Corbis, GB-Imagesource, SE-Ellos + Joseffsons, Danish Bon a Parte, Italian Amica and German Gardeur.
The company have over 250,000 digital location photos to help with your next pitch.
Setup productions Barcelona photo production
"The summer / autumn season is not meant for holidays when you work in production service... it is a time when Barcelona and Mallorca have their most beautiful light, and you can see those vans parked everywhere, people busy with reflectors or flash equipment buzzing around the squares and streets... creative talent gathering behind tripods..."
Recent jobs include:
- Madeleine - fashion, photographer Markus Pritzi.
- Mini Cooper - showroom video, director: Martin Kriegler, DoP: Chris Hof.
- Elegance - fashion, photographer: Lutz Winkelmann
- Airfield - fashion, with Claudia Schiffer photographed by: Joachim Baldauf in Mallorca.
- BMW - design - documercial, director: Franz Stepan
- Robinson Club - advertising, photographer: Sven Bänziger
- Peugeot 107 - advertising, with Scheffold Vizner Photographers
Team Works Production Barcelona commercial production
Earlier this year, Team Works Production completed a car advertisement for “Kia Carnival” for the Korean market.
Shooting ran over a six-day period, taking place in the centre of Barcelona and a small Gerona village with some spectacular coast roads in the nearby vicinity.
The clients wanted a water theme, which Team Works achieved with a rain effect encompassing the facade of the town hall in Gerona and by creating a small pool on a modern street in Barcelona.
You can find out more about Team Works at their website.
RCR Films Barcelona commercial productionRCRfilms is a commercial and service production company with offices in Barcelona and Madrid, awarded in most important national and international festivals.
Founded in 1982, RCRfilms has 7 exclusive directors: Sergi Capellas, Xavier Rosselló, Daniel Benmayor, Lluís Freixa, Fernando Mainguyague, Augusto de Fraga and Matteo Bonifazio, as well as several foreign directors and extensive contacts worldwide.
The company has shot with many celebrities: Josep Carreras, Judit Mascó, Indurain, Fonsi Nieto, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Carles Puyol, Fernando Alonso, Dani Pedrosa, Kate Moss, Paz Vega, Rafa Nadal...
BÈLA ADLER & SALVADOR FRESNEDA Barcelona advertising photographers
Latest jobs for Bèla Adler & Salvador Fresneda:
- Editorial for Marie Claire
- Friday's Project campaign
- Dorotea winter 06/07 catalogue
- Vanity Fair campaign
- Trucco winter 06/07 catalogue
- Tefal campaign for Publicis Casadevall & Pedreño
- Magnum campaign with Paz Vega for McCann Erickson / McCann Erikson Milan
- Editorials for Glamour Germany, Telva, Yo Dona and Metal
- Crucciani catalogue
Jose Manuel Ferrater Barcelona fashion photographers
The five photos shown here appeared in the September edition of Neo2 magazine in an editorial on Japanese haute-couture designers.
They did not pass through the laboratory; postproduction was done by Jose Manuel Ferrater using an RGB-to-CMYK converter.
Jose Manuel Ferrater delivers high resolution CD and proofs to clients.
DAVID RUIZ Barcelona advertising photographers
Recent projects by David Ruiz:
- Renfe ad - Client: Renfe - Agency: Contrapunto (Madrid)
- Telefónica ad - Client: Telefónica - Agency: Bassat Ogilvy (Madrid)
- Photo Stock - Client: Photo Stock
- Le Cool Magazine - Client: Le Cool Magazine cover
- Interior: Personal project
Sergi Jasanada Barcelona advertising photographers
Sergi Jasanada recently shot the new Loop Vision campaign with Minerva (Traffic).
Make-up artist was Raquel Costales, who achieved different looks using Chanel products.
John DK Barcelona car & transportation photographers
John DK kept busy throughout the summer, first working on four European ads for the Italian office of Ogilvy, one of which you can see here.
This was followed by 10 weeks of shooting in Barcelona (a personal record) for five of Nissan France's latest models - both studio and location work.
After a short break, he spent a week in Lisbon on a Lexus car shoot for a USA client - watch out for images in forthcoming editions of SHOWCASE Barcelona.
Steffen-S Barcelona advertising photographers
Steffen-S kept busy over the summer.
He shot for three catalogues for Nissan Europe in and around Barcelona. He also updated his portfolio with BMW and Audi, jumping into a helicopter to get some higher views.
He is now getting ready to fly to Thailand to shoot a campaign for Nissan Navarra.
You will soon be able to see some of the CGI projects that he is preparing at the moment with companies in Germany - watch out for more details in SHOWCASE Barcelona.
Entijuana Studio Barcelona rental studios
Recent photo productions at Entijuana Studio:
- Oleg Covian shot for Llongueras Novias
- Jordi Blancafort shot the new campaign for FC Barcelona with basketball players
- Jordi Blancafort photographed the new Rosa Bisbe catalogue
Chroma Digital Services Barcelona retouching
Some photo retouching works by Chroma in recent months:
- Adidas autumn/winter 2005 catalogue, from TBWA Barcelona, shot by Javier Tles.
- Cirsa interactive advertising campaign, from TBWA Barcelona
- Infojobs internal catalogue, from Freshthink
- Primavera Sound 2006 campaign, from Base Design, shot by Marc Serra
- Teresa Helbig image catalogues 2004/05/06, shot by Javier Vega
- Neo2 magazine covers, shot by Marc Serra
Francina Agency Barcelona fashion models
Models from Francina have been working on a number of high-profile projects lately:
- Cristina Guillen: Desigual campaign, photographer: Telma Vilasboas
- Marta Español: Loewe global campaign, photographer: Juan Gatti, Roberto Verino campaign, photographer: Nacho Pinedo, Above Mag Editorial, photographer: Nico, Harpers Bazaar Editorial Australia, photographer: Alan Gelati
- Cintia Dicker: Mango catwalk, Marie Claire cover, photographer: Alfonso Ohnur
- Renata Zajec: Woman Editorial, photographer: Juanma Moncloa, NEO 2 Editorial, photographer: Jose Manuel Ferrater
- Florencia Fabiano: Hola Special Pret a Porter, photographer: Mario Serra, La Vanguardia Joyas Special, photographer: Sergi Jasanada
- Oivind: Emidio Tucci Spot for El Corte Ingles, production: Solanes
- Berend: Nivea Spot, production: The Lift
Options by Francina Barcelona fashion models
Models from Options by Francina recently worked on the following projects:
- Ramon de Trincheria: Caja Mediterranea Spot, Production: Mosquito, Spot Don Algodon, Production: Albiñana
- Virginia Pizarro: Ferrero Rocher Spot, Production: Errecerre, Spot Caja Mediterranea
- Ainhoa Martin, Kasia, Patricia Santamaria [as Gwyneth Paltrow double]:Freixenet Spot, Production: Alter Ego, Producer: Leopoldo Pomes for "Burbujas Freixenet"
- Julia Jove: Telefonia Orange Spot, Production: Albiñana
RENT CITY APARTMENTS Barcelona lofts and houses
Rent City Apartments invite you to "enjoy luxury accommodation in the historic city centre of Barcelona" at their City Centre Studio apartment, one of many flats that they have for rent in the city.
This recently renovated and beautifully decorated apartment in Eixample near Plaza Universitat, is in one of the city's nicest neighbourhoods with hundreds of restaurants, shops, bars and nightlife on the doorstep. And it is only a few minutes walk to Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas.
The flat also has artwork and furnishings chosen by a professional Barcelona designer.
Rent City Apartments understands the needs of production teams and offers special rates and services for photo, film, and commercial production crews. All of their apartments are stylishly designed and finished to a high standard and are in strategic locations in Barcelona.
See their website for more details or call +34 93 295 5916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- event production
Notodofotofest Madrid photo eventsNotodofotofest.com, the 2nd Festival of Collective Photography on the Internet, is kicking off with an immense mosaic of images that "show how we see the world and our society".
This year's theme deals with Sustainability, the delicate balance between society’s progress and environmental protection.
If you want to take part, please see the Notodofotofest website for contest rules, registration form and the address to send your photographs. The deadline is 21 January 2007.