film & commercial production and post production May 2012Featuring creative talent and services from the most interesting industry sectors
Camino Media Spain and PortugalMadrid - Lisbon
Check the GateLisbon
Duckling Post ProductionCopenhagen
PPM Film ProductionBudapest
Square Planet MediaLos Angeles
Early spring brought both film and photo productions for Artists Group, with a range of talented photographers and directors as well as some hairy moments for the company's first ad, racing with director Gerald Pires at 200kmh.
Artists Group had the pleasure of working once again with Park and Bazelevs, and welcomed Alexander Farber on his first visit.
- Honda UK. Photographer: Joe Windsor Williams. Agent: Beth Wightman Represents.
- VW Polo. Agency: DDB Moscow/Bazelevs. Photographers: He & Me, Heckle and Mennemann.
- Rosno/Allianz TVC. Agency: Ogilvy/Bazelevs. Director: Gerard Pirès.
- Sberbank TVC. Agency: Park Productions. Director: Keith English.
- Bank of Moscow TVC. Agency: 3sba/Park Productions. Director: Kostas Maroudis.
Recent results from Camino Media's one-stop-shop production services include:
- Spanish dancers went Bollywood in outstanding locations for song sequences from Indian feature film 'Anna Bond'. “Thanks to your hospitality and efficiency it was more like a picnic, despite shooting in over eight locations in only a few days," concludes N.S. Rajkumar, Producer and Distributor.
- The return of the Spaghetti Western for an Amigo Loans UK TVC and winter sunshine for a Nokia Lumia viral. “Thanks again for looking after us in Madrid, you did a great job and we all had a wonderful time." Blair Macdonald, Producer for Nokia.
- Martin Sheen uncovers family roots in Spain on NBC season premiere 'Who Do You Think You Are', while Sergio Garcia faces off with Feherty on the Golf Channel. “Camino Media was of great help, friendly and very willing to assist in all matters, contributing to what was a very successful shoot.” Geraldine Chia, Unit Manager for NBC.
- BMW Group film featuring Madrid’s modern architecture, while digital security firm Gemalto's brand film captures both beach and downtown buzz in Lisbon. “Camino Media proved to be a perfect partner. Let's do it again!” BMW Group Film Director, Thomy Heinelt.
- Factual film services for BBC 'Earthflight', National Geographic 'Megastructures', Discovery Channel 'MegaWorld: Spain', and NHK 'The Hunt for Bin Laden'. “The location was just what I was after. Thanks so much for all your help and advice in making this possible.” Phillip Dalton, 'Earthflight' Producer for the BBC.
Lisbon: Check the Gate
Responding to current market trends and across the board budget constraints, CheckTheGate is one of the founders of CATappULT - a spin-off dedicated to digital film production with a low-budget philosophy focused on creating shared value with customers, partners and employees alike.
The company's highly capable production team leverages its own skill set along with top-notch technical resources, streamlining and providing one-stop-shop solutions for a clearer and simpler response to clients' needs.
Entertainment and storytelling are at the heart of CheckTheGate's approach to film-making, and the company prides itself on delivering at the highest quality standards while maintaining a cost-effective approach.
CATappULT covers the Portuguese mainland as well as the Atlantic islands of Madeira, the Azores and Cape Vert.
Vienna-based Christian Stangl develops and produces opening titles for high-end TV and film productions. With 16 years experience designing, branding and art directing for trailers, on-screen-design packages and opening titles, his main client is the Austrian-Broadcast-Association (ORF).
"Motion design products have an important function: they raise the viewer's attention and make them curious about what comes next," says Christian. "In addition, they establish a graphic identity and bring a certain emotion to the production from the very beginning."
Christian deploys a range of styles to consistently find the right look and feel for movies, fictional series, TV shows, news and station-idents.
Founded in 1999 and based in Copenhagen and Bangkok, Duckling is a one-stop digital shop specialised in producing high-end CGI and visual effects for local and multi-national brands such as Carlsberg, LEGO, Tuborg, B&O, and many more.
65 talented artists, designers, animators, operators, producers and coordinators make up the company's roster. They all share the same passion for telling good stories and making beautiful work for their clients.
For almost 16 years, HelliVentures has been shooting commercial spots, adventure documentaries and corporate image films. In all of its projects the company combines a love for film and storytelling with a passion for sports and the outdoors.
With successful spots for well-known brands including Sony Ericsson, Toyota, Swisscom, MasterCard, Kellogg's, Karstadt, Milka, ING-DiBa, Nivea, Samsung, Swatch, Nestlé, Gillette and Colgate/Palmolive, HelliVentures has positioned itself strongly in the international marketplace.
HelliVentures tackles every project with unlimited energy, fresh ideas and an unaltered enthusiasm. The company is continually enlarging its worldwide network of directors and technical colleagues, always seeking out the most effective and efficient solutions to produce highly creative and fascinating commercial spots.
One of the company's primary sources of inspiration is the experience it gains in producing adventure documentaries, a field in which HelliVentures has firmly established itself through award-winning projects.
Lemon production house was established in 1999 and has since completed hundreds of commercials across Poland and internationally in locations including South Africa, Chile, Argentina, Spain and France for clients such as TP SA, Orange, Hochland, Ferrero, Zott, USP and Kraft Foods.
Lemon has also cooperated with major advertising agencies including Euro RSCG, Publicis, Grey, Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi and Red8.
In 2005 Lemon founded an independent post production department. Lemon Film provides a creative approach to the production process, offering full service production from artist selection to casting, post production, editing, colour correction, 2D and 3D animation, and much more.
The studio is a member of KIPA (the Polish Audiovisual Producers Chamber of Commerce), and a winner of the A. Iwaszkiewicz Award for ‘Best Film Produced in 2008’ for its Loteriada spot.
Find Lemon Film on Facebook or visit the website for more information.
MinusGreen has produced feature films including 'White as Snow' (aka 'Kar Beyaz', 2010) aand 'Hangi Film' that competed for Best Film in the 2011 Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, also winning an Honorable Mention at the Los Angeles New Wave International Film Festival.
The company provided line production for an Ericsson TVC produced by Radon Sweden, Ahmed Bukhatir's latest music video with Bobby Khan Productions India, and a Telia Sonera TVC produced by Also Starring Oy. MinusGreen also worked as fixers for Kevin Spacey's Richard III documentary, produced by Treetops Productions UK.
Previous jobs included work for Vessel Productions on a documentary film entitled 'Threads of Compassion', as well as TV programmes 'Two Faces Of the City' (produced by Komia Helsinki) and 'HHI TV' (produced by Leopard Films USA).
MinusGreen offers competitive budgets and the advantage of shooting across a broad range of locations throughout Turkey. The company recently moved to a new address and began offering audio/video post production, dubbing and studio recording services.
PPM Film Services is a premium, full service film production company based in Budapest, Hungary. For over 20 years, those wanting to take advantage of the wealth of atmosphere, beauty, history and technical expertise on offer when shooting in Hungary have sought PPM. The company has proven itself time and again to be a provider of dynamic solutions for creating exciting television advertising for some of the world’s most recognisable brands and companies.
Budapest has long been a world-class location for TV advertising and feature film production. The city can do ‘bright’ with its ornate and expansive bridges, wending Danube views and grandiose boulevards; but it can also do ‘edgy’ with sooty Gothic tenements, bullet-pocked facades and brooding streets. With its value for money, Budapest has already stood-in for cities like Buenos Aires, London, Paris, Moscow and Berlin. Local facilities include a branch of internationally renowned Raleigh Studios, now Central and Eastern Europe’s best-equipped production studio.
A resident of Los Angeles for over 25 years, Damon’s love affair with film and photography began at the age of 16 and has never ended. After graduating from the Center for Creative Studies in Detroit, he worked his way up the photography ranks before relocating to the West Coast in 1990.
Tim’s uncanny eye, and visual expertise is equally effective whether shooting people, action, or products for ad campaigns all over the world. He has become one of the world’s premier photographers, recognised for his groundbreaking work for Porsche, Mercedes, Lexus, Land Rover, Toyota, Chevy and Honda.
Tim has just recently wrapped up jobs with Nissan, Cadillac, Toyota, Goodyear, Acura, Subaru and Lincoln.
Sun Productions continues to create popular award-winning screen content. 'dik' has proven to be a 'stayer' - the short film produced by Sun Productions has won 12 awards worldwide over the past year.
Recent awards include:
- Forster Film Festival - First Place.
- BEfilm Underground Film Festival - 'Best Sexy Film'.
- Cleveland International Film Festival - The Rice Hershey Award Memorial Award for Originality along with the Audience Choice Award.
- The company's recent collaboration with director Nash Edgerton of Blue Tongue Films for the Hilltop Hoods has been very well received amongst YouTube viewers, with lots of comments about the amazing locations.
Sun Productions continues to produce high quality fashion films including the recent BTS SABA video.
Travelling Films recently shot the latest Chevrolet commercial 'Chase' for the Russian market through agency Grey and film production company Dago. The commercial was directed by Nico Beyer with DOP Serge Roman.
Visit the website for more information.