Art Buyers and Photographers make meaningful connections at Production Paradise Portfolio Review Event
The Production Paradise Team is thrilled to share with you the grand success of its first-ever Portfolio Review Event – a creative networking initiative for the photo industry, that brought together 50 of Europe’s top creatives in Barcelona, Spain. Since it’s inception 17 years ago, Production Paradise has established itself as the visual media industry’s favorite online tool to promote and connect photo and film production talents worldwide. This year, we were honored to finally host our first face-to-face event!
The 2019 edition took place at Tuset’s Manhattan Studio located next to the iconic La Sagrada Familia and was accompanied by our event partners Fujifilm España, Little Devil Productions, and Model Management. The two-day event brought together some of Europe’s prominent art buyers, photo producers and creative directors from world-renowned advertising agencies, brands, and magazines in a prolific space to meet and connect with high-end photographers shooting various genres of advertising photography.
Handpicked talents and opportunities were drawn closer to each other, with an exclusive opening to share their work, exchange inspiring perspectives and ideas on current trends and future directions in the world of commercial photography and motion pictures.
The 2019 international reviewer’s panel comprised of highly experienced creatives including:
- Miles Jeffreys, Creative Director, LEO BURNETT, France
- Gabriel Araujo, Global Chief Creative Officer, OGILVY SOCIAL LAB, Belgium
- Anne Franke, Senior Photo Producer / Art Buyer, GREY, Germany
- Philipp Bierbaum, Managing Partner, DAMM & BIERBAUM, Germany
- Rod Henriques, Creative Director, BBDO GROUP, Germany
- Chiara Zennaro, Senior Photo Editor, CONDE NAST, Italy
- Rossana Coruzzi, Senior Art Buyer, PRODIGIOUS WORLDWIDE, Italy
- Katerina Gharraph, Senior Producer, HAVAS, UK
- Chermine Assadian, Global Creative Director, WUNDERMAN THOMPSON, UK
- Luke Li, Creative Lead / Art Director, IKEA, Sweden
- Diego Vieira, Head of Art, LOLA MULLENLOWE, Spain
- Alejandro Pallarès, Senior Creative / Art Director, DDB, Spain
- Gabriela Nogueira, Art buyer / Producer, C14, Spain
- Victor Arraziu Martin, Creative Director, VMLY&R, Spain
Meet some of our reviewers and learn more about their experience in the video below:
At the portfolio review sessions—participants received genuine, well-articulated advice and creative feedback from experienced creatives in the industry, helping them attain a better understanding of what sells and how to improve their commercial work. This exclusive opportunity for participants to get face-to-face time with potential customers and partners was invaluable! Furthermore, networking with other event attendees provided added insights to many.
Here is what some of the participants had to say:
- “Production Paradise’s Portfolio Review is a perfect networking opportunity for any commercial professional photographer. A better investment than any new gear. I really liked the fact that most reviewers were possible clients. This made this event perfect for networking. Keep up the great work. Thank you!” — Photo Agent Balint Hajagos at Almost Ready, Romania.
- “Two action-packed days with top industry professionals, able to provide rich and to-the-point feedback. Production Paradise did a great job organising it and ensuring that the event is kept small and exclusive! Loved every bit of it – and Barcelona is always a good idea!” — Photo Agent Lida Aslanidou at 10 am Management, Greece.
- “The Production Paradise portfolio review was an amazing opportunity to meet important decision-makers in our industry for both feedback and hopefully great leads for future collaboration.” — Photo Agent Julie Melchior at Blink Agency & Production, Denmark.
- “It was my very first time attending a portfolio review and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I am absolutely delighted with the experience! Being able to meet so many creatives and art buyers in such a short amount of time is just priceless and I loved the warm and friendly atmosphere during the reviews. I will definitely come back next time!” — Photographer Lisa Tichané, France.
- “Excellent events, great reviewers in general and really interesting photographers and staff. Hats off to the event team for putting it together.” — Photographer Christopher Willan, Spain
- “Great team from Production Paradise! Very professional and dedicated! Thank you.” — Photographer Rannjan Joawn, Belgium
Watch this video to know more about the participant’s experience:
Other event highlights include networking dinners on both nights and 3 dynamic presentations on Day 2:
- ‘Vertical Is The New Black’ by Gabriel Araujo, Creative Officer at Ogilvy Social Lab, Belgium – an insight on the best practices for Social Media.
- ‘How To Disrupt A Billion Dollar Industry’ by Helena Von Estorff, Key Account Manager at ModelManagement.com.
- A product demo by Fujifilm España on their new series of ‘GFX 100’ medium-format cameras.
The successful completion of our first portfolio review event was complemented with overwhelmingly positive feedback from attendees! We hope our event has connected and inspired creatives like never before and generated new prospects with the scope of future collaboration for many. A heartfelt THANK YOU to all that made this event a huge success — the participating photographers, remarkable reviewers, and our stellar event partners!