Posted 25-05-2015, offered
Salary Under $65,000
Experience Level 5 years
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar field.
• 5+ years of experience in art directing or designing for magazines, publications or websites.
• Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite, and extensive knowledge of type, photography, and illustration.
• Ability to conceive and execute original designs.
• Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy.
• Must bring independence, conceptual skills, and organization to a fast-paced workplace.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
• The ideal will have an ongoing interest in travel and the Pacific Northwest.
• Works with the creative team to set a vision for publications.
• Assigns, produces, or sources photography and illustrations.
• Designs magazine pages; developing maps, charts, and other information graphics.
• Manages freelance art relationships and project budgets.
• Works effectively in daily collaboration with internal editorial, production, and design teams, and maintains close working relationships with external clients.
• Manages projects from end to end, including presenting and acting as the design point person to external clients, creating comprehensive schedules, and other tasks as needed to ensure all project milestones are met.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: sagacitymedia.com
About Our Company
SagaCity Media Inc. is a growing and award-winning multimedia company. In addition to Custom publications, such as the Washington State Visitors’ Guide, Travel Portland, and Visit Seattle, and our proprietary titles—which include Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, Houstonia, Aspen Sojourner, and Portland Bride & Groom—we maintain a thriving digital media business.