Digital Art Director
Posted 15-09-2014, wanted
Razorfish is looking for an Art Director who can partner with copywriter and design staff to create compelling and innovative brand experiences for marquee clients in the New York creative studio. The Art Director will report to a creative lead and would be responsible for overseeing the creation and production of creative and design solutions for one to two assigned accounts. The ideal candidate would follow the creative direction of the senior creative and account staff and set the standards for all creative and production work, and represent creative and production talent before internal and external clients. He/she would be accountable for building and maintaining a reputation for producing award-winning creative that attracts desired talent. Both staff and freelance opportunities are available.
• Monitors overall creative quality.
• Mentors and leads assigned Creative staff, and is available to review and critique all projects to maintain consistent creative quality and award-winning work.
• Manages many internal details of assigned projects, including finding and/or choosing photographers, working and coordinating with Production and Account staff.
• Leads the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas.
• Participates as a Creative team member in new-business development efforts.
• Works with appropriate account representative(s) on all projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Fine Arts or Graphic Design. Minimum 5-7 years experience, generally, with several years spent at a top agency. Majority digital experience mandatory.
• Recognized expertise in several of the following areas: advertising, collateral, identity, interactive design, direct marketing/e-marketing.
• Strong people-management and coaching skills to provide clear creative direction, and motivate and inspire creative teams.
• In-depth expertise in developing creative solutions for a wide range of clients across a broad range of media, including advertising, identity, interactive design, and collateral.
• Comprehensive and expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including staffing projects effectively, providing clear creative direction, giving timely and helpful coaching to improve creative, and producing all work cost effectively and on-schedule.
Proven Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills that foster and develop existing and new client relationships
• Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills
• Ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
• Experience in strategic planning and execution
• Experience with mobile and responsive design preferred.
If, like Razorfish, you're driven to stay at the forefront of a world in flux, then right here is where you belong. Email portfolios along with your resume to email@example.com.